Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
OMG...just went to cricinfo to check out WC scores for today and find this out...was a great shock for me...he was a great coach and a cricketer and a superb human being as well...he gave a lot to cricket but we just weren't happy with him (especially some of the pakistanis)...it's just so surprising you know...to just see him yesterday talkin and to know that he isn't in the world now is just...really really sad...

we all fell really bad about it but just imagine how his family will be feeling right now...were they even with him in Westindies...i hope Pakistan play the final match and give it that extra 20% that they haven't given through out the 2 matches and really shows what Woolmer meant to them...

RIP BOB :( :( :( ...my best wishes to his family...may he rest in peace and may his spirit be with us forever... :( :(

Last edited:
Kshitiz_Indian said:
There's no point in pakistan playing that match, mostly due to this and partially because of already losing...

Well I think the game will clearly be played as it affects the whole group whether Zimbabwe win or not.

I hope Pakistan win their match as a tribute to the great man.

Yes as callous as it may sound, the show must go on because there are Super 8's places at stake for other teams in the group.

Please don't think i'm being malicious by saying this, it's true.

Its not a choice to play its Compulsary. Its an official ICC Tournament. Not playing would make Bob's tragic death even more of a fiasco.
Play it and try to move on.

theres that smoke in pakistan hotel, lost to west indies, that upset lost to ireland and now this
a relly sad and horrible world cup for PAKISTAN.

Yes, and Bob Woolmer would have wanted it that way. It is the way he lived, largely quiet and subdued, but with a massive impact.

yeah that match should be played and Pakistan should play their hearts out...i just feel so bad right now...he was a great man...

will make a sig soon marking his death...

People this is life sometime is can be a good life and sometime it can sad
what ever happens we must move on and I am trying to be mean or something.

Not playing would introduce a forfeit like the England Vs Zimbabwe match in the 03 cup
This is a official ICC Match not a charity match.

Really sad to hear this. The pressure must have gotten too much. BCC say he may have died from a heart attack, but you never know with their result yesterday.

R.I.P. Bob Woolmer, he will be sadly missed

Users who are viewing this thread