Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Sad day for cricket, a truly inspirational leader, transformed Pakistan's fortunes since he took over, probably one of the nicest men in world cricket and no doubt he will be truly missed.

Please, let's not turn this thread into 'it's your fault debate'. We are sad enough as it is.

The Blazer said:
Why is everyone blaming us?
same here i think he took to much presuure on him.
its something inside btw bob and pakistani cricket board we don`t know.

Ireland_Rule said:
Terrible news for World Cricket, i hope the Pakistani's are pleased with themselves.

R.I.P Bob, you'll be sadly missed.

Please don't make the mistake of tarring all Pakistan fans with the same brush. I'm sure that no Pakistan fans take any satisfaction in this even that small minority who were saying things I'm sure they now regret.

what a shocking news. i came to PC after so many days and was even more shocked to read this news . Any info what was the actual cause of his death ? RIP Bob .

Very very sad news! :(
A great loss to cricket. A very good coach and player, and a great guy.
RIP Bob Woolmer :crying

evertonfan said:
If there is one thing that the passing of Bob Woolmer has taught us, it's that cricket is and always will be, just a game. All those fans wanting him dead yesterday have now got their wish so to speak. A reminder to everyone is that no matter who your team loses against, no matter how a playuer or coach acts, wishing them dead is an absolute disgrace. Cricket is a sport, it's not life or death.
Too true, incredibly true, Matt.

It's not about the cricket one bit, Bob Woolmer seemed to be a great bloke and gave a lot to the world.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Bob.

It is a sad week for cricket with this death and the death of Manjural Islam. Just makes you look at life and realise that cricket and the world cup is not important at all.

Users who are viewing this thread