Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ZexyZahid said:
Now I am hearing that Pakistan doesn't want to play against Zimbabwe. And I can't blame them after the latest allegations.
Inzamam didnt play at the Oval after ball tampering allegations, lets see what he does now! It would be a terrible thing if they really decide not to play. Its the last thing Woolmer would have wanted.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Pakistan might forfeit their match tomorrow. Simply, I wouldnt play under such heavy mental stress, and that too in an inconsequential tie thats going to do no help to the team's fortunes. I would be immediately on the plane back to Pakistan

I read the news on Cricinfo? Holy cow!!! What is this I am hearing? I am just hoping that all this is mere speculation. It would be disastrous for this world cup if something like a murder story unravels. but if its true, let the culprit come out as soon as possible.

but i pray to god that its not a murder!!!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I wouldnt be suprised if he was murdered, Pakistani's go to some stupid lenghts for small things.....

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Punk Sk8r! said:
I wouldnt be suprised if he was murdered, Pakistani's go to some stupid lenghts for small things.....

What makes you think, if he was murdered, it was done by a Pakistani?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
ZexyZahid said:
What makes you think, if he was murdered, it was done by a Pakistani?

Don't take me wrong you two I'm Pakistani myself (just born in Britan) what I was saying is that it somthing one of them extreme 'high scocity' Pakistani's would do, and no I doubt one of the board members ran into the hotel and did it but I'm guessing it was ordered by someone ascociated to this whole scandle...

One thing I don't understand is why do Pakistan fix (if they have fixed that is) matches, what is the need to go and lose, I mean I'm sure they could have lost to Windies without fixing but this match fixing thing with Pakistan has been going for years....?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Punk Sk8r! said:
One thing I don't understand is why do Pakistan fix (if they have fixed that is) matches, what is the need to go and lose, I mean I'm sure they could have lost to Windies without fixing but this match fixing thing with Pakistan has been going for years....?
Why is it a foregone conclusion that the match was fixed?

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Who knows Bob Woolmer better you guys or his wife?She is saying that he didnt commit suicide.Bob woolmer was a strong man.

irottev

School Cricketer
I hope it wasn't murder. Bad publicity for cricket. Cricket isn't supposed to be a malicious sport like Football and League.

rabeta

News Team Member
No conclusions should be trying to be met, it is being treated as suspicious and due to this we should just be hoping for the best for his family, that it is not murder. Also, leave this match fixing out of it, this would not be what Woolmer would have wanted...

Indyan

Club Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
What a load of tosh. Ireland beat Pakistan fair and square, get over it.
That allegation was made by a sports journalist from The Dawn.
What he said, was that Woolmer was writing a book, and according to his sources in it he has mentioned bookies and bettings. So, its likely that he has mentioned them in context to pakistan cricket.
Since he was at close proximity to cricketers he may have stumbled across some proof of betting.
The journalist wasnt talking about the match vs Ireland, but match fixing in Pakistan Cricket during his tenure. He believes that Match Fixing is still rampant, and occurs regularly.

Next, coming to the suicide thing. In his last email Bob wrote that, this experience was almost as bad as the semifinal in 99. So, he has had an worse experience before. So why would be commit suicide now ? He is just not that kind of a person. Inzy said that Woolmer had said, he wanted to talk about Inzi's future the next day. Again, not something a man wanting to commit suicide would say.

Anyway - Conspiracy theories flying since day one

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
More than likely it's murder, Woolmer or any cricket coach imo wouldn't go that far just cause of a loss to weaker opposition. TBH when I first heard it, it sounded more like murder than suicide.

irottev

School Cricketer
Theres no way it was suicide. Get that theory out the window.

Since this is still going on it sounds like someone else had something to do with it. it's absolutly disgraceful.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Yeah it looks like a murder.He was poisoned.Things are not that straight.ICC will do its best to close this matter as soon as possible.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Indyan said:
I just read this and I have to say that whoever came up with the theory that Pakistani cricketers fixed matches and then arranged for Bob Woolmer to be murdered must not really have a very high opinion of Pakistani cricketers' intelligence. I mean seriously--could they have made a worse decision? The CWC is going on and publicity would be high whereas this would seem like something they'd want to shove under the rug very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread