Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

We all got one middle order batsmen, and one wicker-keeper.
They're probably built in for the first season, based on what county you have.

Possibly more based on what you're lacking?

TBH I would have preferred a bowler over a batsmen, but it's probably based on what the AI think you're lacking.

What happened to that youth team player you brought at the beginning of the year, have you even played him yet?

I think he was played for like 1 or 2 games at the start but he never played him again, I don't think.

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I think my keeper regen would be the best while Callum's batsman will be the best while Chewie's keeper and batsman would probably be the worst.

Yea I played him in two FC matches. He averaged like 15 and took one wicket

He only had $10,000 on youth team though, I've got $30,000 on it, what about you Brendon?

IIRC I have $40,000 in coach, $30,000 in youth team, and $30,000 in physio.

You can check in Team Details/Finances. Anyway, those keeper regens should come in handy for all 3 of you.

Worcestershire vs Durham
Twenty Over Cup - group match
9th July 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Vikram Solanki*
5. Shaaiq Choudhry
6. Alan Darbon
7. Jeff Ingram?
8. Sanath Jayasuriya
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Durham

1. Kyle Coetzer
2. Phil Mustard*?
3. Ross Taylor
4. Dale Benkenstein
5. Albie Morkel
6. Ian Blackwell
7. Will Smith
8. Murtaza Hussain
9. Callum Thorp
10. Steven Harmison
11. Mark Davies

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bowl first.

Match:

Durham- 146 for 9 (20 overs)

Kyle Coetzer 60* (51)
Albie Morkel 38 (30)

Alan Richardson 4-18 (4)
Imran Arif 2-40 (4)

Worcestershire - 108 all out (18.2 overs)

Shaaiq Choudhry 25 (20)

Albie Morkel 4-22 (4)
Callum Thorp 3-11 (3.2)
Mark Davies 3-31 (4)

Result:

Durham win by 38 runs

Durham 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Albie Morkel (38 off 30 and 4 for 22 from 4 overs)

Reaction:

Another T20 match, another loss.
You talk about T20 overkill, 16 matches in one season, like wtf!

Our bowlers actually did a decent job for once, not to mention I was only playing three recognized bowlers.

Because of our batting depth I though we were a real chance, but that all changed pretty much straight away as Jaques and Solanki were both sent back off consecutive balls in the second over. Pretty average debuts from both our new boys, making 2 off 6 (Darbon) and 14 off 7 (Ingram).

Only three more waste of time T20 matches to go at least.

Richardson bowled well there but your batsmen didn't do very well there :( Good to hear that we're nearly out of T20s though :)

9th July 2010
Worcestershire vs Durham
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Vikram Solanki *?
2. Steven Smith
3. Sanath Jayasuriya
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Imran Arif
6. Moeen Ali
7. Daryl Mitchell
8. Jack Manuel
9. David Wheeldon
10. Matthew Mason
11. Chris Russell

Durham

1. Michael Di Venuto
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Ross Taylor
4. Dale Benkenstein
5. Albie Morkel
6. Phil Mustard*?
7. Vic Kelly
8. Gareth Breese
9. Luke Plunkett
10. Graham Onions
11. Callum Thorp

I kept the same team from the last match against a strong Durham side.

We tasted success from the first ball with Russell getting Di Venuto out. Mason didn't do similarly, hit for 18 runs. In his second over however, he managed to have Coetzer out LBW, and things looked to be improving. His third over was similar to his first though, his three overs going for 39 runs. Arif was much better, being hit for only 3 runs in the first over, and then getting Taylor out in his second. Wheeldon came on with his spin and struck first ball, getting Benkenstein out. The spinners weren't much effective apart from that, going for over 10 and over. To counter this, Mitchell was brought on to bowl, and struck on his last ball to have Mustard out. His second over resulted in another wicket with debutant Kelly out for 7. They finished on 178/7.

This was going to be an extremely difficult chase. Solanki and Smith started well but both fell to Thorp in the fourth over. Jayasuriya didn't hang around for long but Kervezee and Arif combined well. 100 runs were needed from the last 10 overs. Arif reached his half century off 34 balls, but they couldn't increase the run rate enough. Arif was out on 60, and Ali fell second ball. We eventually finished 10 runs short with Kervezee left on 56 from 42.

It was a good effort by Kervezee and Arif to get us that close, and good bowling by Arif, Russell and Mitchell, but it was still a loss. Hopefully we can do better once these T20s are over.

34489656.png

Durham win by 10 runs

9th July 2010
Worcestershire vs Durham
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Steven Smith
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Jack Manuel
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Shaaiq Choudry
6. Julian Stafford
7. Stuart Adler?
8. James Cameron
9. Imran Arif
10. Gareth Andrew
11. Jack Shantry

Durham

1. Michael Di Venuto
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Ross Taylor
4. Dale Benkenstein
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Albie Morkel
7. Ian Blackwell
8. Phil Mustard*?
9. Murtaza Hussain
10. Steve Harmison
11. Mark Davies

Toss:

Durham won the toss and elected to bat

Durham - 153/7

Michael Di Venuto 33 (25)
Paul Collingwood 30 (20)

Steven Smith 3/24 (4)
Imran Arif 2/26 (4)
Gareth Andrew 2/34 (4)

Worcestershire - 135/6

Vikram Solanki 50 (32)
Jack Manuel 40 (38)

Ian Blackwell 2/23 (4)
Steve Harmison 1/27 (4)

Durham won by 18 runs

Durham 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Ian Blackwell (27* off 21 and 2/23 off 4)

Comments:

A game we should have won. At 1/90, we had it in the bag but we kept losing wickets from then on and in the end fell well short of our total. The 2 debutants didn't do too well although they got little time to make an impact, coming in when the game was pretty much out of reach. Stafford only made 3 while Adler finished 10* off 9 balls with a six. The bowling was good though as all 5 bowlers didn't do too badly, Steven Smith finally bowling well only having taken 4 wickets in 8 games since his 4/14 bowling performance so it was good to see him bowl well when he really needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread