Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

This story is going so well but still it has less readers following this story. I just want to give a suggestion that you guys can add players pic at the top of the update and write something below the pic. Ex Hales pic and below the pic you can write "sensational batting display from Hales helped Worcestershire to win". It just makes presentation a little better.

Just a simple suggestion. Nice work going on guys. KIU. :)

This is just more a place on where to update our challenge thing and with so many matches being played, it's annoying going through to find a pic for something for each match but thanks for the suggestion.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, it's not really being done to win any awards with its presentation/storyline, but it's great if some people still want to follow it.

Unlikely, but hopefully one of us will soon. :D

Two T20 matches today, right?

Worcestershire vs Leicestershire
Twenty Over Cup - group match
11th July 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Vikram Solanki*
5. Shaaiq Choudhry
6. Alan Darbon
7. Jeff Ingram?
8. Sanath Jayasuriya
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Leicestershire

1. James Benning
2. Will Jefferson
3. Brad Hodge
4. E... Matthews
5. Andrew McDonald
6. R... Court
7. Paul Nixon?
8. Wayne White
9. Claude Henderson
10. Matthew Hoggard*
11. Andrew Harris

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 129 for 9 (20 overs)

Vikram Solanki 29 (33)
Daryl Mitchell 22 (14)

Matthew Hoggard 4-22 (4)
Andrew Harris 2-26 (4)
Wayne White 2-27 (4)

Leicestershire - 131 for 4 (20 overs)

James Benning 50 (47)
E... Matthews 44 (30)

Matthew Mason 2-22 (4)

Result:

Leicestershire win by 6 wickets, with 4 balls remaining

Leicestershire 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Matthew Hoggard (4 for 22 off 4 overs)

Reaction:

Lol, the T20 North table now looks like this:

Played - Wins - Points

13 - 8 - 16
13 - 8 - 16
13 - 8 - 16
13 - 7 - 14
13 - 7 - 14
13 - 7 - 14
13 - 7 - 14
13 - 7 - 14
14 - 0 - 0 (Us, incase you hadn't figured)

Shakib's back for our final two T20 matches.

LOL at the table

You'll be glad when the T20s are over :p

11th July 2010
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Steven Smith
3. Sanath Jayasuriya
4. Vikram Solanki *?
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Imran Arif
7. Moeen Ali
8. Jack Manuel
9. David Wheeldon
10. Matthew Mason
11. Chris Russell

Leicestershire

1. James Benning
2. Will Jefferson
3. Jesse Ryder
4. Brad Hodge
5. Paul Nixon?
6. Larry Freshwater
7. Tom New
8. Jacques du Toit
9. Nadeem Malik
10. Matthew Hoggard*
11. Andrew Harris

Jumbled the batting order up slightly, but no changes to the team otherwise

I won the toss and batted. Smith kept finding the edge of the bat, but luckily they stayed on the ground. Mitchell was playing great from the other end though, hitting 11 off the first over. Smith was finally out to Malik in a dismissal that could be seen coming from a mile away. Mitchell went on an absolutely suicidal run, defending it towards silly mid off, and then running to have Jayasuriya out by a mile. This brought the captain to the crease and he played well in his new position. He was eventually undone by a once in a lifetime catch that seem to happen often for some reason (:sarcasm), caught low at silly mid on. Kervezee then fell in exactly the same manner the next ball (see what I mean :sarcasm) and we were 66/4 after 9. Arif fell the next over, and it was up to Mitchell and Ali to take us to a decent total. Mitchell reached his half century off 36 balls, but at the other end, Ali struggled and was caught behind off Harris. We were in trouble when Manuel fell as well with 6 overs and 3 wickets remaining. Wheeldon was dismissed as well, leaving Mitchell as our sole hope of scoring a good total. We finished on 143/9, having only scored 2 runs off the last over, with Mitchell unbeaten on 80 off 57 balls.

Benning was run out in the first over, with the important wicket of Ryder falling the next ball to a dubious LBW decision. Hodge and Jefferson formed a good and stable partnership before Arif bowled Hodge between his legs for 24. Smith bowled well to have Jefferson out second ball, and Leicestershire were 51/4. Nixon managed to get a massive leading edge which somehow went down the ground to the boundary, but was run out the next over. Freshwater, the debutant didn't last long thanks to some great bowling from Smith, and he could have had another wicket but dropped a return catch off his own bowling. Introducing Wheeldon was not a good move as he was smacked for 17 runs by New. The New and du Toit partnership was becoming very threatening, as they required 22 runs from 5 overs. Bringing the pace bowlers back had no effect as New hit four fours in a row off Russell to bring up victory in the 17th over by 4 wickets.

It was a match that we should have definitely won, and if it hadn't been for New's matchwining innings, we would have done so comfortably. His 33 ball 59 in a partnership worth 81 was the main reason for our loss after we had them at 66-6 at one stage. We could have batted better as well, with Mitchell the only one who looked at ease at the crease. We are last on the table, but equal on points with Warwickshire. While we have no chance of reaching the quarter finals now, we can rise above last place which we will hope to do in our remaining matches.

14617015.png

Leicestershire win by 4 wickets

Great knock from Mitchell!
I hate it when pretty much one guy wins them the game.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I probably won't play another match today, but if I don't I'll play two tomorrow.
So try and of finish off your T20 matches by tomorrow, and then we can get back into the real stuff on Wednesday. ;)

I've got a test tomorrow evening and then an early start the next day so i dunno how many I'll be able to post tomorrow

Ok, we can always just carry the T20 matches into Wednesday, and I'll just have a rest then. :)
We got like a 12.30pm finish on Wednesday as well, because of some teachers meeting. :D

I'll play my match once the days play of WWIII is over. I don't know whether I'll play 2 today as I have to write an essay tonight but I'll get one in at least.

hedger_14 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

And you are so lucky Callum. You get to go home early cause teachers have a meeting. If only that would ever happen here.

I finish at 2.10pm half the week as well.
I would finish then every day, but I have scholorship tourtorials some days.
The luxuries of being in my final year. :D

11th July 2010
Twenty Over Cup - Group Match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Stuart Adler?
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Jack Manuel
4. Steven Smith
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Julian Stafford
7. Matthew Pardoe
8. James Cameron
9. Imran Arif
10. Gareth Andrew
11. Jack Shantry

Leicestershire

1. Alec Cullin
2. James Benning
3. James Taylor
4. Brad Hodge
5. Andrew McDonald
6. Paul Nixon?
7. Ken Cullin
8. Will Jefferson
9. Jacques du Toit
10. Claude Henderson
11. Matthew Hoggard*

Toss:

Leicestershire won the toss and elected to bat first

Leicestershire - 145/9

Brad Hodge 33 (28)
James Taylor 29 (18)

Steven Smith 3/28 (4)
Imran Arif 2/34 (4)

Worcestershire - 146/1

Stuart Adler 79* (64)
Vikram Solanki 60 (42)

Jacques Du Toit 1/46 (4)

Worcestershire won by 9 wickets (with 12 balls remaining)

Worcestershire 2
Leicestershire 0

MOTM:

Stuart Adler (79* off 64 and 2 catches)

Comments:

What a great win. Stuart Adler was sensational with the bat. Opening the batting with him worked very well. The bowling performance was good again and Solanki and Adler did the rest, and Manuel hit 6* off 3 balls to win the game for us. Adler looks like a solid player and we will be definately looking to resign him for the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread