Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

I'm not sure if you realise as that's the third time you've mentioned it, but on ICC 2010 Solanki is down as a part-time keeper, hence the reason why I've been using him to keep. He only conceded two byes in my latest OD match, so that was nothing to do with the problem. Obviously if he wasn't down as a keeper at all, I wouldn't be using him.

I didn't know that he is used as part time keeper that's why I've mentioned it three times. You should have trade a player for a keeper at the beginning. Anyway Sorry! :)

(About your latest match)
And why can't you choose Jaques in the OD matches? He is been is splendid form. You are on the top of the table with 20. :)

I didn't know that he is used as part time keeper that's why I've mentioned it three times. You should have trade a player for a keeper at the beginning. Anyway Sorry! :)

I probably should have brought in another keeper, but I didn't know who bad that guy was.

(About your latest match)
And why can't you choose Jaques in the OD matches? He is been is splendid form. You are on the top of the table with 20. :)

In ICC 2010 you have four overseas players, one normal overseas player, one reserve overseas player, and two T20 overseas players.
You can only play the reserve one, when the normal one is on international duty.
So Shakib is our normal one, and since he went away to the T20 WC, we can now play our reserve one being Jaques.
So from now on until Shakib comes back, we'll be able to play Jaques in our OD games. ;)

27th April 2010
Worcestershire Vs Glamorgan
County Championship - D2

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Vikram Solanki*
3. Alex Kervezee
4. Neil Pinner
5. Moeen Ali
6. Jack Manuel
7. Ben Cox?
8. Imran Arif
9. Gareth Andrew
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Glamorgan

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Gareth Rees
3. Jamie Dalrymple*
4. Mike Powell
5. Jim Allenby
6. Tom Maynard
7. David Brown
8. Mark Wallace?
9. James Harris
10. Adam Shantry
11. David Harrison

Shakib Al Hasan was away on International duty, bringing in Phil Jaques. I decided to only play the 4 bowlers and hope to get some bowling out of Kervezee and Solanki. There was a bit of rearrangement in the batting, with Pinner dropping down to #4 with Jaques slotting in at the top of the order, Ali was dropped down to #5 with Kervezee getting a promotion to 3. No changes to the bowling though. We were on a high after our last win and we would be hoping for a win this game.

Toss:

Worcestershire have won the toss and elected to bowl

Glamorgan - 525 all out

Gareth Rees 85 (199)
James Harris 81* (170)
Mike Powell 69 (118)

Matthew Mason 5/110 (40.5)
Imran Arif 2/61 (22) - Got injured

Worcestershire - 291 all out

Vikram Solanki 63 (203)
Gareth Andrew 48 (104)
Phil Jaques 41 (84)

Adam Shantry 4/37 (18.3)
Jamie Dalrymple 2/46 (14)

Worcestershire (Following On) - 212 all out

Vikram Solanki 61 (104)
Phil Jaques 48 (132)

Adam Shantry 3/47 (20)
Jame Dalrymple 2/10 (6.5)
Jim Allenby 2/71 (22)

Glamorgan won by an innings and 22 runs

Glamorgan - 23
Worcestershire - 4

MOTM:

Adam Shantry (58, 4/37 and 3/37)

Comments:

Solanki fired finally with 2 half centuries but it wasn't too good other than that. Jaques played well, getting into the 40's in both innings but the rest of the batsman pretty much failed. Cox impressed again though in the first innings with 34. The bowling to start off with was poor, Mason impressing there with 5 wickets but the rest being pretty ████, Arif 2/61, before unfortunately getting injured, Andrew 1/74, Richardson 1/111, Solanki 1/82 and Kervezee 0/80. Arif will miss the next match which is a blow but he should be back for the game after.

Wtf, you're Glamorgan had Mark Cosgrove playing instead of Sachin Tendulkar! :mad:
You seem to be a big fan of bowling part-timers, Solanki and Kervezee both going for 80.
Another poor CC match for you though.

Not really. I normally only bowl them a few over's but I had no spinners and Solanki took a wicket and Kervezee wasn't bowling too badly although he was going at 4.5 an over.

Wtf, you're Glamorgan had Mark Cosgrove playing instead of Sachin Tendulkar! :mad:

:laugh

Not the greatest match for you Hedger, you really needed your batsmen to perform and they didn't. Very unlucky that Arif was injured as well.

Maybe strengthen your batting a bit for FC matches, because that way if your bowling goes bad, you can still at least escape with a draw.

Or customise the pitch so that it's good for batting on

Chewie added 13 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

27th April 2010
Worcestershire vs Glamorgan
County Championship ? D2

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Moeen Ali
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Ben Smith
7. David Wheeldon
8. Ben Cox ?
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Glamorgan

1. Mark Cosgrove
2. Gareth Rees
3. Mike Powell
4. Jim Allenby
5. Tom Maynard
6. David Brown
7. Mark Wallace?
8. Ben Wright
9. Robert Croft
10. James Harris
11. Adam Shantry

A couple of changes in this side. Shakib is away at the World T20, and so my reserve player Phil Jacques comes into the side. This moves everyone else down a spot. Ben Cox also returns in the place of Choudhry, while Wheeldon retains his spot due to being a spinning all-rounder like Shakib. It was a tough decision deciding who to drop (Choudhry or Kervezee), but I retained Kervezee due to his outstanding promise. For some reason Tendulkar was not playing which is a major plus for us. Dalrymple was also not playing for them, but Robert Croft plays a similar role, and has international experience. Overall, their side does not look too strong, and we are hoping for a good result.

I lost my first toss of the season, and Glamorgan put us into bat. Jacques didn?t last long as he was bowled by an inswinging Yorker from Harris. Solanki?s stay was a short one as well as Shantry trapped him in front. Ali and Mitchell however began the recovery, batting well until the lunch break. Ali looked like he would continue his excellent run of form but he was caught behind by an amazing diving catch from Wallace, departing for 52 from 103 balls. Mitchell had looked strong in defence all day, and was only removed half an hour after tea having scored 79 from 242 balls. It was a great knock in trying conditions. Kervezee showed I was correct in keeping faith in him, standing strong with 72 at the end of the first day, with both Smith and Wheeldon having fallen for small totals. At this point we were 274/6. Arif hit a six before getting out, and Mason followed him quickly. Kervezee was hoping that Richardson could stay around long enough for him to get his century, but he brought about his own downfall trying to hit over the top. We finished our innings 315 all out.

It was a lot of hard toil for our bowlers as Rees and Cosgrove put on a 150 run partnership for the first wicket, only being unstuck when Rees was stumped off Wheeldon on 85. Cosgrove departed shortly afterwards for 68. Allenby played aggressively before he was dismissed by Wheeldon, leaving Glamorgan at 239/3, a very good position. Early on the third morning Powell was dismissed with the new ball but wickets were still not falling fast enough. All of the Glamorgan batsmen were getting starts, as they made their way to 467 before losing their last wicket.

Batting again, Jacques continued to disappoint, and Mitchell was unlucky to reach his half century as we finished the day at 151/2, 1 run behind Glamorgan?s first innings total. Ali reached yet another half century before falling, and Solanki improved on his first innings to make 38. The lower middle order began to crumble however as we were soon 189/6 and still in the first session. The batsmen played cautiously to prolong the innings for as long as possible. Ben Smith nudged the ball around well with the tail as we were eventually out for 323, a lead of 171 with only an hour remaining in the day.

Glamorgan didn?t see any point in trying to achieve the total as the game petered out to a draw. Wheeldon did take a wicket with the last ball of the day however to finish with 6 wickets for the match.

James Harris was named man of the match for his 7 wickets. There were a few batting highlights, with numerous half centuries, however no one could convert these into big scores, and the rest of the batting lineup couldn?t support them. Wheeldon bowled well but was quite expensive in doing so. Richardson continued the standards expected of him, but the other bowlers did not live up to expectation. We finished with 8 points in comparison to Glamorgan?s 9.

74354453.png

Worcestershire drew with Glamorgan

I'm guessing Tendulkar's their reserve overseas player, and Cosgrove was injured in my game.

Still no one's managed to win a CC match, and they would probably be one of the worse teams. :facepalm

Tendulkar isn't playing for Glamorgan in my game at all. They have Tait, Cosgrove and some random player who looks good. Can't remember if they had another T20 overseas player or not though.

I guess I'll take a day off today, like you guys did yesterday.

Here are the tables, please correct me if the bonus points are on the wrong one, e.g. I may of put a batting BP on bowling or vice versa.

County Championship

| . P . | . W . | . L . | . D . | . Bat . | . Bwl . | . Pts . Jono |
3​
|
0​
|
1​
|
2​
|
9​
|
6​
|
21​
Callum |
3​
|
0​
|
0​
|
3​
|
5​
|
6​
|
20​
Brendon. |
3​
|
0​
|
3​
|
0​
|
2​
|
5​
|
7​

Challenge Trophy

| . P . | . W . | . L . | . T . | . NR . | . Pts . Brendon. |
1​
|
1​
|
0​
|
0​
|
0​
|
2​
Callum |
1​
|
0​
|
1​
|
0​
|
0​
|
0​
Jono |
1​
|
0​
|
1​
|
0​
|
0​
|
0​

In my game they have Cosgrove, Sangakkara, and Tait

Tendulkar isn't playing for Glamorgan in my game at all. They have Tait, Cosgrove and some random player who looks good. Can't remember if they had another T20 overseas player or not though.

They must have just brought him in my game.

I just took a day off yesterday since Chewie did. Sunday is our day off ;) but since we didn't do it yesterday, we did it today instead. So we'll just resume tomorrow.

hedger_14 added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

And my points are fine.

My points are fine too. I was kinda busy yesterday, which is why I didn't have time to post it. But yea resume tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread