Story Brendon vs Callum vs Jono - A Worcestershire Battle

I just took a day off yesterday since Chewie did. Sunday is our day off ;) but since we didn't do it yesterday, we did it today instead. So we'll just resume tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to do one tomorrow, as I got two tests on Tuesday.
If I'm short in time I'll just post a short scorecard.

No problem. I think I would have been only posting a short scorecard if we didn't have this as a story.

This team don't seems to be good at all. The players are are too poor. Its better you drop Cox and keep Solanki as keeper. For Chewie, the bowling was Hum Bug. seems to be the team requires training.

And it very hard to run two stories from you but your writing is high-minded.

Its better you drop Cox and keep Solanki as keeper.

Bad mistake to drop Cox, The very few chances you get you dont want them dropped, Plus Cox although has a very low batting rating but does surprising good with the bat 30+ average FC. Solanki is only part time keeper and drops chances and conceeds alot of byes :mad:

Worcestershire vs Surrey
Challenge Trophy - group match
3rd May 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Vikram Solanki*?
3. Daryl Mitchell
4. Moeen Ali
5. Shaaiq Choudhry
6. Jack Manuel
7. David Wheeldon
8. James Cameron
9. Imran Arif
10. Matthew Mason
11. Alan Richardson

Surrey

1. Steve Davies?
2. Michael Brown
3. Younis Khan
4. Usman Afzaal
5. Mark Ramprakash
6. Rory Hamilton-Brown*
7. Chris Schofield
8. Gareth Batty
9. Jade Dernbach
10. Chris Tremlett
11. Andre Nel

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bat first.

Match:

Worcestershire - 179 all out (37.5 overs)

Phil Jaques 60 (84)
Moeen Ali 58 (62)
Our next highest score was 14...

Gareth Batty 3-34 (8)
Jade Dernbach 3-34 (7)
Chris Tremlett 2-49 (8)

Surrey - 183 for 5 (28.1 overs)

Michael Brown 60 (55)
Younis Khan 43 (42)

Daryl Mitchell 2-17 (3) (Yes, he was our best bowler)
Matthew Mason 0-35 (8)
Everyone else went at over six an over...

Result:

Surrey win by 5 wickets, with 71 balls remaining

Surrey 2
Worcestershire 0

MOTM:

Michael Brown (60 runs off 55 balls)

Reaction:

You don't understand the meaning of ████, until you've played with this team. I never put any of my batsmen on very aggressive, yet only two of them manage to make it past 14, and we get all out inside 40 overs.

Apart from Matthew Mason, our other four bowlers were absolute garbage. I have no idea what to now in terms of bowling, as they all just take a hammering. Like I wouldn't mind losing as they are obviously a much better side, but to get wasted so badly is just irritating.

My team is breaking all the records here, it's now rated under one and a half stars!

Last edited:
Wow that was a massive loss by you guys there. I guess these sorts of losses will come often considering who we're playing as.

3rd May 2010
Worcestershire vs Surrey
Challenge Trophy ? Group Match

Playing XI?s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Vikram Solanki* ?
4. Moeen Ali
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Ben Smith
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Jack Shantry

Surrey

1. Steve Davies?
2. Michael Brown
3. Younis Khan
4. Usman Afzaal
5. Mark Ramprakash
6. Rory Hamilton-Brown*
7. Chris Schofield
8. S Walters
9. Gareth Batty
10. Jade Dernbach
11. Andre Nel​

Only one change from the previous side with Cox coming out of the team to be replaced by Shantry.

I lost the toss for the second time in a row and was put into bat first. Early on the batsmen were bogged down, batting at a strike rate of under 60, before Batty removed Jacques and Solanki in successive balls. Ali came out and played his natural aggressive game, getting to 44 from 49 before getting out LBW to Nel. At this point there was a need to up the run rate thanks to Mitchell?s 45 from 76, and Kervezee batted aggressively with Smith, Wheeldon and finally Arif, as we finished on 228/6, Kervezee having hit 51 from 31 balls, including 2 sixes.

We made an early breakthrough in dismissing Brown in the fourth over, but this brought Younis to the crease. He would be the biggest threat in this chase and we would need to get him out quickly. Davies and Younis accelerated to make the most of the powerplays and were soon 114/1 after only 16 overs. Shantry eventually made the breakthrough by dismissing Davies for 89 off 81 balls, but at this point they only needed 81 more runs at 4.3 an over. The match was soon wrapped up with Younis reaching his century off just 73 balls as Surrey won by 8 wickets with 8.4 overs remaining.

It was a very disappointing loss to an obviously superior team. On such a good batting pitch we should have been able to score more but it was left to Kervezee and the lower middle order to push us towards a half-decent total. Our bowling is the main problem and it will be difficult to find solutions in the short space of time before our next match.

70493221.png

Surrey win by 8 wickets (with 58 balls remaining)

Lol, your bowling was worse than mine. :laugh
Your batting on the other hand seems to be slightly better.

3rd May 2010
Worcestershire vs Surrey
Challenge Trophy ? Group Match

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Alex Kervezee
5. Moeen Ali
6. David Wheeldon
7. Ben Cox?
8. Gareth Andrew
9. Matthew Mason
10. Alan Richardson
11. Jack Shantry

Surrey

1. Steve Davies?
2. Michael Brown
3. Younis Khan
4. Usman Afzaal
5. Mark Ramprakash
6. Rory Hamilton-Brown*
7. Chris Schofield
8. Gareth Batty
9. Jade Dernbach
10. Chris Tremlett
11. Andre Nel

I weakened the batting a bit in order for a 5th bowling option while Ben Cox would still stay in the side. Arif out injured brought Jack Shantry back into the side but it was a big blow losing our strike bowler.

Toss:

Surrey won the toss and elected to bat first

Surrey - 230/3

Michael Brown 87 (114)
Steve Davies 71 (89)

Gareth Andrew 2/42 (8)

Worcestershire - 129 all out

Phil Jaques 46 (36)

Chris Tremlett 5/34 (8)
Gareth Batty 2/14 (8)

Surrey won by 101 runs

MOTM:

Chris Tremlett (5/34)

Surrey 2
Worcestershire 0

Comments:

A poor effort altogether. Arif was sorely missed and we couldn't break the opening partnership and by the time we did, it was too late as they managed 230 from their 40 over's. Our batsman were never up to the task, Jaques scoring 46 and Wheeldon showing some late resistance with 29. Cox continued his inconsistent form with a second golden duck in 2 CT matches and will definately not be playing in the next One Day match.

I weakened the batting a bit in order for a 5th bowling option while Ben Cox would still stay in the side. Arif out injured brought Jack Shantry back into the side but it was a big blow losing our strike bowler.

I'd have to say that wasn't the smartest idea, going by your recent FC batting form, and your batting effort from that match. :p

Wouldn't have made a difference. I would have conceded 50 more runs if I didn't play the extra bowler and only a maximum of 30 more runs for me if I played an extra batsman.

Worcestershire vs Leicestershire
County Championship - D2
4th May 2010

Teams:

Worcestershire

1. Phil Jaques
2. Daryl Mitchell
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Moeen Ali
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Jack Manuel
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Ben Cox†
11. Alan Richardson

Leicestershire

1. James Benning
2. Jacques du Toit
3. James Taylor
4. Andrew McDonald
5. Paul Nixon†
6. Tom New
7. Wayne White
8. Joshua Cobb
9. Claude Henderson
10. Nadeem Malik
11. Andrew Harris

Toss:

Worcestershire won the toss, and chose to bowl first.

Match:

Leicestershire - 241 all out

Wayne White 74

Alan Richardson 5-87
Imran Arif 3-51

Worcestershire - 336 all out

Moeen Ali 70
David Wheeldon 67 retired hurt
Alex Kervezee 47

Andrew McDonald 4-67
Andrew Harris 3-88

Leicestershire - 222 all out

Andrew McDonald 103

Vikram Solanki 3-14
Imran Arif 3-73
Matthew Mason 2-51

Worcestershire - 5 for 1

Result:

Match Drawn

Worcestershire 9
Leicestershire 6

MOTM:

Andrew McDonald (32, 103 and 4-67)

Reaction:

OMFG, another match we should have won, but another draw.

Pretty much the whole of the first day was rained out, so at that stage it was always heading for a draw. Richardson was on fire, and if it wasn't for Wayne White they would have been all out for under 150.

Our batting was alright, a lot of us got starts, but still no one could push on to three figures. Moeen Ali again played a great aggressive knock, and David Wheeldon finally made a decent score with the bat. However his batting came at a cost, with a another massive injury blow, this time David Wheeldon was ruled out for nine weeks with a broken arm!

That ginger Andrew McDonald then turned the match into a boring draw, with the only century of the match. Vikram Solanki was our best bowler, taking three late cheap wickets.

I'm annoyed how we couldn't beat the other worst team in the game, who are dead last on the table. We are now sitting 7th equal, only one point off 6th place. Still I can't control the rain, so a nine point draw will have to do.

4th May 2010
Worcestershire vs Leicestershire
County Championship -D2

Playing XI’s

Worcestershire

1. Daryl Mitchell
2. Phil Jacques
3. Vikram Solanki*
4. Moeen Ali
5. Alex Kervezee
6. Ben Smith
7. David Wheeldon
8. Imran Arif
9. Matthew Mason
10. Ben Cox †
11. Alan Richardson

Leicestershire

1. James Benning
2. Jacques du Toit
3. James Taylor
4. Andrew McDonald
5. Paul Nixon†
6. Tom New
7. William Jefferson
8. Wayne White
9. Claude Henderson
10. Matthew Hoggard
11. Andrew Harris

Only change from the last side is Cox coming in for Shantry.

Short entry from me today. I lost the toss and was made to bat. Wickets fell continuously through the day but they made a number of 40 run partnerships in between each wicket to boost their score to 296. A good team bowling effort with everyone getting at least one wicket, and the pace bowlers doing much of the damage.

Their bowling had us struggling at 146/7 having just avoided the follow on. At this point McDonald was the chief destroyer. Hoggard came back to take a few more wickets as we were dismissed for a pathetic 197.

Their batting was much stronger in the second innings with Taylor scoring 218, forming a strong partnership for the third wicket with McDonald. They eventually declared at 385 for 6, 484 runs ahead.

We had basically no chance of chasing this total, especially after Jacques fell for 39. Nevertheless, we still tried and were not looking too bad as Kervezee put on century partnerships with Mitchell and Wheeldon, but the lower order failed to stay with Wheeldon, with the Upper middle order having already failed.

It was a good effort to reach 398, but we should have been able to score more in the first innings, and bowl them out in the second innings. Good batting from Kervezee and Wheeldon though, and Arif was impressive with the ball. We got 3 points, compared to Leicestershire's 21 ><

40988294.png

Leicestershire win by 86 runs

Taylor, McDonald and Hoggard were way to strong for you.
You really needed some more from your batsmen in the second innings, and your bowlers in their second innings.

Have either of you even had any injuries yet?

Nope lol

They had Hoggard in my match so that made it harder for us. Unlucky for you that the weather wasn't great :( You'll be leading now though

Users who are viewing this thread