C09 HELP: Having trouble running the game? Read here first

Game Locks Up

How many of you are experiencing the problem when you play online
the game locks up (hangs or stucks ).

How many of you are experiencing the problem when you play online
the game locks up (hangs or stucks ).

Well, I have experienced this only 2 times,both were 20 over games against mannu. Then played a 10 over game against him and it was fine. Did not face this problem with any one else though. :)

Yes, have had it happen several times online and offline. You can tell when its about to happen as the sound goes into a loop, 30 seconds later, it hangs.

Yes, have had it happen several times online and offline. You can tell when its about to happen as the sound goes into a loop, 30 seconds later, it hangs.

I had that problem, until I defragged my HDD and when I did that, it showed that Ashes 2009 was almost completely fragmented - the rest of the disk wasn't too bad - I defrag once a month, so that must be why. After defragging, the freezes stopped and the loading times were slashed.

where did you find this hidden file could you post the direct link

joo added 17 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

where is this hidden file

joo added 6 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Yeh, I have got this sorted. The main problem I have now is the stuttering and slowness of the game and yet the demo works brilliantly and sometimes the game decides to work properly and for that sitting it stays perfect. Mind boggling...still codemasters support haven't found an answer.

Where is this hidden file

joo added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Yeh, I have got this sorted. The main problem I have now is the stuttering and slowness of the game and yet the demo works brilliantly and sometimes the game decides to work properly and for that sitting it stays perfect. Mind boggling...still codemasters support haven't found an answer.

Where is this hidden file to fix error 1605

hey guys

ive got a problem running ashes cricket 2009

i start the application up ( everything is already installed) and nothing happens
when i click it again it says it is already running but i cant see it at all. When i ctrl alt del and check task manager in the processes i can see it there but im not sure why it is not running as a program! its only using up half the cpu and memory is at 53% so im not sure what to do :S

i have run games such as fall out, fifa 09 and foot man on the laptop.

anyone got any suggestions? help?
much appreciated

Last edited:
Game stucks while playing

when i start playing 50 over game. it hangs after 2 overs.please help what is the problem

I had that problem, until I defragged my HDD and when I did that, it showed that Ashes 2009 was almost completely fragmented - the rest of the disk wasn't too bad - I defrag once a month, so that must be why. After defragging, the freezes stopped and the loading times were slashed.

well
i tried it a week ago
didnt worked for me
but can try again

when i start playing 50 over game. it hangs after 2 overs.please help what is the problem

One reason could be you've got special effects turned on, try disabling them and turn shadows down as well to medium. See if that helps

I had the same problem, and found a hidden file in install, that says on the computer even when the game is uninstalled. Once you manully del. the files the game will install with no problem at all.

Could you tell me exactly where the file is? I have had error 1605 problems in the past.

PC issue with crowd on (fps lag)

I've asked around numerous gaming forums asking for help to fix this annoying issue. Many are having the same problem, but have no solution.

Quite simply, when I enable crowd, the game stutters whenever the crowd is in view during a match. I will note that this issue wasn't apparent with the demo (Brisbane Night 20/20). And indeed in the full game, Brisbane Night 20/20 still works seamlessly. Strangely enough, for no apparent reason, a similar stutter is seen in the menus when I go into the controller area (to tell the game to use an Xbox 360 controller etc).

I'm running the game at 1920x1080 on an Intel Core 2 Quad, Radeon 4870 512mb and 4GB of DDR3. Another user experiencing the same issue was on polar opposites: GeForce 7600GT, AMD Athlon 3200 and 1.5GB RAM.

If anyone knows of a work around OTHER than just playing Brisbane Night or disabling crowds, please let me know.

I tried everything on xp but couldn't get it to work except disabling crowd,After that i installed Windows 7 in an hour and game runs perfectly on it and that the only solution i have found

Users who are viewing this thread