C09 HELP: Having trouble running the game? Read here first

Would anyone here know why the game would run smoothly for night matches at Brisbane for 2020 games for fail for day games like odi and Test.

I'd have thought there was more texture detail required for day games but I can't see how it would be enough to affect whether it runs properly or not.

Less textures are loaded. Does increasing VRam has any effect on game?

game probs

i am playing the game in 1024X769 resolution.its very difficult to spot the ball as its very dark even in clear weather?

is there a way to brighten it?

My pc can run most games which require graphical power like COD4 etc on full settings. Yet on high settings this game still looks jaggie and crap and now it's just laggy....I don't know why though it was fine before but since I tried to add it to my NVIDIA panel it has been laggy :(

My pc can run most games which require graphical power like COD4 etc on full settings. Yet on high settings this game still looks jaggie and crap and now it's just laggy....I don't know why though it was fine before but since I tried to add it to my NVIDIA panel it has been laggy :(

Well mine can run Half Life 2 really well and other high graphical game but as you say, ashes cricket 2009 gets this jaggy feel. I have sent numerous messages to codemasters support with some answers but nothing has worked.

I have found out that although the night games are generally ok, the catching is still extremely jerky.

I have 2 Gb of RAM and have a GeForce 7950 GT 512 MB card, surely this is enough to run the game properly

Last edited:
I think it's because I had a shortcut on steam games...as soon as that came off it was fine :/

Still looks crap and jaggy though...

I think it's because I had a shortcut on steam games...as soon as that came off it was fine :/

Still looks crap and jaggy though...

Mine occasionally works perfectly, but then when I load it up a different time, it is incredibly jerky. I think you pretty much have the same problem as me. Hope I can get some info from codemasters support or if anyone on here knows anything. If not, just hope the patch will fix it.

Improving performance!!

Hi guys,

I've got this game as well.. and i've been fiddling with settings myself, now what i've noticed is that AA doesnt have so much effect on this game as Nvidia Physx does.

For example - I had AA @ 4x and GPU Physx on - the game was really lagging.
I tried no AA with Physx on - it was still lagging.
I tried AA @ 4x again without GPU Physx - voila!!

Much better performance...really good.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited:
Okay I discovered my problem was not because of steam. Last night running fine today all the menus move really quick, for example the "press enter" beats really fast, the menus move fast when i select an option, everytime it's like this I get a laggy game....odd.

Users who are viewing this thread