Caribbean T20 Cricket 2012 : T & T WINS

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
well done trinida 2nd in a row and g would like to quote this , it was a t20 competion between wi and domestic teams . As t&t has almost 70 percent of national team representing players

Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
well done trenida 2nd in a row and g would like to quote this , it was a t20 competion between wi and domestic teams . As t n t has almost 70 percent of national team representing players

Look out IPL team, look out Big BAsh Team, look out everyone else. TnT going to give yall a run for yall Money :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
As i mentioned before, their should be rule preventing Pollard/Bravo from representing an IPL team in the Champions League, since if those two stay with Trini they certainly have a side capable of winning the entire competition.

----------

Having watched most of the games in this tournament, its criminal to think that come the T20 W Cup this year the windies due the WICB stupid rule that says unless you play in the Caribbean T20 - you wont be eligible for WCup selection - the windies wont be able to field both Gayle and Pollard in the same XI.

By having those two together i would say the windies have a team capable of winning the world cup, since the world would fear team by having those two beasts in the top 7.

Gayle
Simmons
Samuels
D Bravo
Ramdin
DW Bravo
Pollard
Russell
Narine
Bishoo
Edwards

Rampaul
Charles/Sarwan
Santokie/Taylor/Roach
Badree

Thats a lethal squad

Charles/Sarwan - Loved the look of Johnson Charles as a opener, leading run scorer of the tournament and he is think he would cut it an international level.

I'm leaving a window open for Sarwan to break into this team come year end, since if he can regain his form his experience will further bolster this squad without a doubt.

Santokie/Taylor/Roach:

Excluding that last over carnage vs Pollard, Santokie has been of the best t20 bowlers in the Caribbean and he at least should be tested at international level before the WC. If he can translate that domestic form, he would give the bowling attack useful variety.

Jerome Taylor is in a similar weird predicament like Gayle, west indies and jamaica not picking him - but yet IPL and bangladesh leagues signing him on big T20 contracts. If like Gayle he gets back into the team, on form he is the best windies T20 bowler.

If the above two dont step up or get picked etc, Roach will fall in

Badree like Santokie also should be tried now at international level. He is clever new-ball spinner for Trinidad and if he make the transition, he would be good option to have on those sri lankan pitches.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Gayle
Simmons
Samuels
D Bravo
Ramdin
DW Bravo
Pollard
Russell
Narine
Bishoo
Edwards

Rampaul
Charles/Sarwan
Santokie/Taylor/Roach
Badree
NOT a bad Squad. unfortunately Gayle wouldnt be in it. So Charles would take his Place.
Also beside charles NE Bonner looks good also. not to mention The keeper for Barbados young Dowrich, he is improving match by match, unfortunately he was with a Very poor batting Team in T20, but he does look good, need to train him for the the future. the future keeper could be dowirch, just Barbados need to train this bot alot more, because in the T20 he had shock me, after his poor performance when de made a Debut.

Sameuls, i really think he is also inconsistent my view, when the right time for him to play well he give it away, just like the finals, dropping a simple catch which Pollard then Demolished Jam, so for me i would give bonner a try, he was the 2nd Highest scorer of the tournament and save Jam alot of time.

For this Whole tournament, stats may say alot, but i think alot of other player are very hungry for cricket to play for West Indies. Gayle and Taylor is done at this moment, so it's basically Gayle and co is done, so lets look at reality on de Squad.
so right now i am building for the Future of West Indies Cricket, because it's over, and shackng the Whole WICB wouldnt make a different, because when C Loyd was Leading de board it was the saem thing then and now it's the same thing and i think in de future it will be the same thing, Player - Baord drama will cont. just like Pakistan Board, unfortunately.

in my option after watching all the T20 Matches of the tournament.

according to what i think.
Sammy will continue as the Captain. no chice atm because of the selectors
We cant denied that Sammy weak team, did well in the tournament, was the only team to beat TnT, and then beating Barbados in the 3rd place runners up, losing only one match in the tournament.

Opening Pair.
1. L Simmons and
2. J Charles
3. Darren Bravo will come in third.
4. Bonner
5. Dywane Bravo
6. K Pollard ( would move him up according to what we need, if we low on runs)
7. D Ramdin ( would go for him right now, but got my eyes on Dowrich, but he still need some training)
8. D Sammy
9. NArine
10. F Edwards
11. R Rampal.

other players.
Santokie, Russel, S Shillingford, D Bishoo, CR Brathwaite, S Benn and Bonner

People I am HOPING that West Indies Selector Don't go back with don't mine if some of them impress in this Competition.
T Best, Ryan Hinds, Devon Smith, Kevin Stoute ( he may never made it in International and i hope it stay that way).
I wouldnt Pick K Roach for T20, he is crappy at it.

But Dwayne smith I may not Drop him completely since he went to play for Sussex he have improve. when he return to West Indies against Australia he perform, but WICB drop him when he perform and pick him when he is failing strange, people blame him and sai it was his was at fault when Zimbabwe beat West Indies, but if you do check it everyone failed to bat, and the position he came in was way down the order, where when he same in West indies had to go nearly 8+ runs an over, with bowlers only to come.

In Australia for the 50Over match. he along with Pollard (170) was West Indies's Top scores in the 2009/2010 series. 130 Run at an avg of 43.
he also was amosut the most (7wkt) wicket taker for west indies along with rampal (9) and Pollard (9).
as for the T20 for that series, everyone failed, Smith (12) , Gayle (17) , Pollard (17) , Simmon (5 in 1 match), etc. only ramdin pass 50 total run in 2 matchs.
so after he perform well for West indies in Australia they drop him again for South Africa, and the the T20 world cup didnt get pick, then after that, West Indies team change.
this year Caribbean T20 Smith was 3rd highest run scorer 165 @ an average of 33. at a S/R of 136.36. His whole team was on his shoulder, when he perform the team, perform, when we failed the team fails. unfortunately he didn't bowl.

West Indies want to Pick the Best player to Rep us no doubt and it' time enough we want to get in last least the Semi Finals of a Competition.

by the way it's time we Move away from Gayle and co. we looking for the Future of Cricket.
I know want our Seniors back in the team, but we cant even reach the Semi Finals in an competition well at least one by luck. We picking a T20 Squad lets look at our Past T20 World Cup.

1st T20 World Cup. this time we can under stand why we lose because he was new to the Game.
Ramnaresh Sarwan (captain)
Dwayne Bravo
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Pedro Collins
Narsingh Deonarine
Fidel Edwards
Chris Gayle
Runako Morton
Daren Powell
Denesh Ramdin
Ravi Rampaul
Darren Sammy
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Smith
Devon Smith

1st Match, Group A: South Africa v West Indies at Johannesburg - Sep 11, 2007
West Indies 205/6 (20/20 ov); South Africa 208/2 (17.4/20 ov)
South Africa won by 8 wickets (with 14 balls remaining)
ONLY Gayle perform.

5th Match, Group A: Bangladesh v West Indies at Johannesburg - Sep 13, 2007
West Indies 164/8 (20/20 ov); Bangladesh 165/4 (18/20 ov)
Bangladesh won by 6 wickets (with 12 balls remaining)
Only Devon Smith perform.
and We got kick out of that world cup

2nd World cup - now the West indies gotten a Taste of what T20 is all about, some player went IPL, and Stanford T20 started up in the West Indies.

Chris Gayle (captain)
Denesh Ramdin
Lionel Baker
Sulieman Benn
David Bernard
Dwayne Bravo
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Fidel Edwards
Andre Fletcher
Xavier Marshall
Kieron Pollard
Darren Sammy
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Lendl Simmons
Jerome Taylor

Australia v West Indies
West Indies won by 7 wickets (with 25 balls remaining)
Gayle and Fletcher Perform

Sri Lanka v West Indies
Sri Lanka won by 15 runs
Captain by Ramdin. Gayle out.
Dywane Bravo perform and Simmon perform with the ball.

India v West Indies
West Indies won by 7 wickets (with 8 balls remaining)
Gayle back
Bravo and Simmon perform.

South Africa v West Indies
South Africa won by 20 runs
Simmons perform.

England v West Indies
West Indies won by 5 wickets (with 4 balls remaining) (D/L method)
not much top score. had to chase 82 off 9 overs. orginal score 162

Got in SEMI
Sri Lanka v West Indies
Sri Lanka won by 57 runs
only Gayle and Sammy good econ in bowling perform.

Should of win this one. Everyone got better and bigger.

Chris Gayle (captain)
Sulieman Benn
Dwayne Bravo
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Narsingh Deonarine
Andre Fletcher
Wavell Hinds
Nikita Miller
Kieron Pollard
Denesh Ramdin
Ravi Rampaul
Kemar Roach
Darren Sammy
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Jerome Taylor

ICC World Twenty20 - 2nd match, Group D
West Indies v Ireland
West Indies won by 70 runs
Sammy all round performance and Bravo and Rampal bowling.

West Indies v England
West Indies won by 8 wickets (with 1 ball remaining) (D/L method)
i think this was unfair to England, Eng 191. WI had to get 60 from 6.
Sammy stand out Bowler with goo Econ rate and 2 wicket.

West Indies v Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka won by 57 runs
K Roach only stand out performance 2 wicket and a good Econ

West Indies v India
West Indies won by 14 runs
Gayle Top performance with Sammy good Econ with 1 wicket and Benn 1 wicket with 2 run (1 over)

West Indies v Australia
Australia won by 6 wickets (with 22 balls remaining)
good bowling by Benn great Econ with 1 wickt, and Miller great econ and Sammy good econ for 1 over.

It's strange in de past we did had our TOP boy C Gayle, Sarwan, J Taylor, Pollard, Bravo, D ramdin.
With these player we should have won those cup.

This year i think we will have a good team, underfortunely we going to miss Gayle. If Gayle would of play with this new team, with new player like what WAR posted i think we would win it.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING NEEDED IN THE WEST INDIES TEAM, is Unity inside the team, they is a lack of unity inside the team, which this young team change. which makes them perform as a team and not a one man army.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
My post wasn't to highlight the reality that Gayle most likely won't be picked - but rather to highlight the stupidity of the situation in which Gayle absence will prevent the windies from having a potential championship winning team.

Not sure how you managed to select Bonner in a potential squad either.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Gayle absence will prevent the windies from having a potential championship winning team.

I don't understand this Statement. Seriously.
I am a Big Gayle Fan, i really like Gayle and I wish he was in the Team. But If Gayle makes 100 Runs, the Team collapse for 150. Happen many time, even when we have our greatest Cricketers in the Side. How is it Possible, this team getting 5-6 Year been in the team, but the same result all the time, we were not consistent even with all our Old players, we also take defeat in the jaws of Victory, and those past matches do have the facts of how bad our team is playing, we only perform one or two good game and failed like 10.
and the best thing is WICB had let them do as they like in that 5-6 years.
Right now with these youngster they got the talent to carry WI forward, just need a proper Captain, and to me Gayle isn't hat choice from my view, yes but i do would like him in the team for T20 and ODI. Why not Test, he dont wanna play test, he even said he don't like test wouldn't forced him to play what he don't wanna play.

for Bonner according to his performance in the Caribbean T20 and also was the 2nd most run scorer of the tournament.
Also de Reason to try out bonner is because when IPL plays, Pollard and Bravo will go to play for them, since they are a free agent, and who know maybe more will join IPL.

WICB cant match those amount of Money the cricket is been paid in the IPL, and WICB is stupid enough to give them permission to go instead of playinf for West Indies, we will have to wait and watch what happen when Aussie tour here, because Pollard and Bravo is playing domestic Cricket for Trinidad, unless they plan to skip it to go and play B.P.L .

Right now in the Caribbean West Indies will never be as good like before unless they dont come together as a Team, but if you check this team from the old team,they got more unity and they got the potential, but they just need a proper leader and just need a little more experience.
I as a West Indies Cricket fan. i really would like the Team to do Well, When Gayle was Given Captain i was very Happy, saying this is the change in West Indies Cricket, but was Let down the the senior Players on the Team, it's like when Gayle dont perform the Team, get himulate, when I now see these new young talented player we got, i wish Gayle was in the team to help them, and we do need a Proper Captain to Guide us through, Sarwan still would be my best choice, Happy to see his name back in the Guyana team for First class match. Plus i am happy to see everyone back inthe First class matches, i Just hope everyone play. but for the best of Caribbean Cricket every player, board Needs to come together as one to save Caribbean it's been 15 Long Years, when will we rise again? If not the board should just get lost now, enough is enough, Board, selectors, etc. Also implant a new board which PROFESSIONAL appoarch to the game and not letting our best players just to leave West Indies cricket to play T20 over West indies Cricket. :( everyone need to wake up.

Also WAR here is something you may like
Roberts also announced that the Ministry of Sport will do whatever it takes to ensure that Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo will represent T&T at this year's Champions League in India and that both men will be added to Elite Athlete Funding Programme
see more

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Where's Kevon Cooper? Wasn't he the find of last year's CLT20?

Yeah he got bought by the Chittagong Kings and will play alongside Murali and fellow West Indians Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, and Jerome Taylor.

Users who are viewing this thread