CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

Saurav said:
I don't have a problem with the front foot defense shot. You just have to make sure you get in behind it to block it.

But can you move the batsman into line on Medium mode and Hard mode once you've seen where the ball is going to pitch?

hi hope boss buddy, you dont mind this.

try this one out:

in the CGPv2 there is a file named "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big"

1. open this big file with BIGGUI (search the forum, if you dont have)

2. you will see a couple of files, such as field_physics.cfg, I_easy.cfg etc.

3. if you play one day international you have to care about the I_hard.cfg

4. if you play test matches, you have to care about the u_hard.cfg.

5. export the file as example I_hard.cfg where ever you want.

6. open it with notepad and edit as following:

; Bowling Cursor Size
TargetSizeMin 0.10
TargetSizeMax 1.10

7. save it and import it to the "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big"

8. the "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big" has to be in the cricket 2005 root folder, as you already now.

Parijat M said:
[...]I think akira in his review suggested a way to get back to original cursor ,
akira cud u please tell me how to do it (if boss doesn't mind).

Cool, thanks akira.

I have just played with this patch again and my first wicket was a run out :D

The play deteriorated from there, The CPU is too agressive, they cover drive everything and with the big cursor they can have a feild day scoring at over 6 runs an over. The batting again was fun and it was lot better then last time but what really lets this patch down is the bowling. In version 1 you could easily get edges by pitching it on off or just outside. Now It is virtually impossible, I am getting most of my wickets from misstimed shots (usualy late) which spoon up to the slips (very unrealistic) The computer either needs to be toned down or there need to be more edges with it's attacking shots. But as I have said earlier this is the best batting patch around and I hope you continue to make patches boss :)

EDIT* hey akira, I tried using your way to make the cursor smaller but it is still the same size.

Last edited:
could this work if u remove the 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big from the boss gameplay 2 file and used the boss gameplay patch 1 instead. also someone said there is a problem with blocking the ball what is the big for that.

Hi boss i have played a 50 over match using your specific patch for that on hard mode.
I batted first, i manage to play each an every shot as CPU now bowls different line and length specially off-side strokes. Now my spider and wagon wheel of batsman's looks realistic. Now i am able to score 2's even 3's and not just 1's and 4's.

None of my batsman got LBW and able to play forward defensive easily. I am immpressed with the power of bf cover driver (it's just wounderful).
I still lack in timing of the advance shots.
I score about 330 and when i came to bowl. I nearly lossed the match due to such a big bowling cursor please fix this as i equally enjoy bowling as i do batting.

robertporter said:
could this work if u remove the 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big from the boss gameplay 2 file and used the boss gameplay patch 1 instead. also someone said there is a problem with blocking the ball what is the big for that.

i wouldnt prefer it, because there are other changes in this one file. use the CGPv2.

Cricket_60 said:
Cool, thanks akira.

EDIT* hey akira, I tried using your way to make the cursor smaller but it is still the same size.

i think i have written it correctly. try the file attached. extract the zip and import the cfg in the 2bb7a...big, if there is a question of replacing, click yes.

Attachments

• l_hard.zip
    846 bytes · Views: 17
is there a separate config for medium mode, hard mode and easy mode?? because once i open winzip, it shows hordes of files.
there are many xml's, those i know are for fielding, but there are also 4 big, i.e 2bb7a..big and 4 stroke files, i.e 4308..big.
help required!!
thanks!

It's still not working, I think I'll just wait untill boss releases a better version of the bowling.

Cricket_60 said:
It's still not working, I think I'll just wait untill boss releases a better version of the bowling.

maybe you have to. its working fine for me. i think you did something wrong.

a47 said:
is there a separate config for medium mode, hard mode and easy mode?? because once i open winzip, it shows hordes of files.
there are many xml's, those i know are for fielding, but there are also 4 big, i.e 2bb7a..big and 4 stroke files, i.e 4308..big.
help required!!
thanks!

read the readme, everything is explained well by boss.

- xml for field settings
- 4308 and 2bb7a are both for AI settings which are made by boss
- you have to choose what files you have to use (i.e if you play test then use the 2bb and 4308 in the "testmatchconfigs" folder, if you play ODI 50 overs then use the 2bb and 4308 under the "50oversconfigs".

Thank u All...

Thank u All for u'r fine opinions. Most of u like this patch!, apart from couple of things like big bowling cursor and forward def shot.

1. At first i think, all of u may like the big bowling cursor. Because it didn't allow us to bowl in the same spot again and again. Not now. You found it so difficult to handle. It may be easy to bowl once u practice more. Although u have the Pitch size cursor for good bowlers, u don't need to vary the line too much. It picks random line. u just need to vary the length a little bit for the better results. In general For Medium skilled bowlers, u may have the small cursor, but the accuracy and variation is less and vice versa for the High skill bowler. Hope u understand it.

Anyhow I will surely gonna release the small bowling cursor patch needed when we will bowl.

2. But i don't think there is any prob with forward def. (i think lot of u talking abt the fw def for yorkers, isn't it?). Because i never face a prob while playing the shot at good length o.s. off stump/mid stump. Anyhow will chk it out.

Here is the CGPv2 add-on for u:

I personally feel there is heaps of edges in Test Matches (particularly early on for the batsman) which looks very unrealistic. So i rel here the "Test Match Excessive Edge Problem Fix Patch". Anyhow if u like the way the patch plays now, u can go with it. Anyhow for who regularly finding lot of edges in Test Matches u definitely need it.

Download "CGPv2 TestMatch Excessive Edge Fix Patch" from the attachment. (Size: 11.3 KB)

Installation:

After unzipping the file, copy the 4308.... .big file into u'r "/cricket 2005" main/root folder. (Note: This Patch is for TestMatches Only. i.e. once u started to play Test matches, copy the 2bb7... .big file from CGPv2/TestmatchConfigs (which released yesterday) and the updated 4308... .big (released today) to the main/root folder of "/cricket 2005", then Get Ready To Rock :happy .

Tomorrow i'll rel the "Small Bowling Cursor Patch" - add on when we bowl.

How do u guys like the Test Match AI pacing?, Expect more and more comm/rev/fb/likes/dislikes... abt CGPv2.

Boss

Attachments

• CGPv2TestMatchEdgeFix.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
akira2291 said:
hi hope boss buddy, you dont mind this.

try this one out:

in the CGPv2 there is a file named "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big"

1. open this big file with BIGGUI (search the forum, if you dont have)

2. you will see a couple of files, such as field_physics.cfg, I_easy.cfg etc.

3. if you play one day international you have to care about the I_hard.cfg

4. if you play test matches, you have to care about the u_hard.cfg.

5. export the file as example I_hard.cfg where ever you want.

6. open it with notepad and edit as following:

; Bowling Cursor Size
TargetSizeMin 0.10
TargetSizeMax 1.10

7. save it and import it to the "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big"

8. the "2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big" has to be in the cricket 2005 root folder, as you already now.
Hey akira can u plz post the final product out here for download. i.e. after importing the cfg file can u plzz post the ai files plzz.

malhotra said:
Hey akira can u plz post the final product out here for download. i.e. after importing the cfg file can u plzz post the ai files plzz.

Mate!, just wait till tomorrow for the Small Bowling Cursor Patch.

Boss

Hi Boss, the whole thing about being caught at square leg or being given LBW is still getting to me. It is especially when a ball is pitched on a full length (not yorker length) on middle/leg stump by a right hand fast bowler to a left hand batsman. It also happens to the right hand batsman. It is not that it happens to each and every leg glance/flick I play, but if I look at my score card most of my wickets are by one of the two types of dismissals I explained above. I even made a point of it just to try and block to those balls and that doesn't work at all, the batsman don't even get close to the ball. I play using your test match patch, on hard.

With regards to the edges in test matches; I like it, as it makes sure that you don't just take a swing at any ball outside off-stump, but only if you are relatively sure that the batsman will hit it solidly.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread