CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

chrais

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
strange, im not having much problem with the back foot cover drive,, just the pull and hook, cant even get bat on them

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
WHICH DIRECTION DOES URE bf cover drive go wen i do time it, it goes behind square

chrais

School Cricketer
im sure the reason why ur finding it difficult to time is because ur trying to hit them off balls that are of pretty good to shortish length,,,, i find i time it easier when the ball is just up of a length, n has to be a bit away from ur body,,,, i too find it hard to hit the bf cover drive off a good length

heyado

Club Cricketer
Hello again from Australia, Boss.

I'll set the scenario:

South Africa vs Australia 1st Test at Johannesburg.
Pitch - Normal
Weather - Fine
CGP V6 Patch file - for both CPU and us.

Australia - me bowling
South Africa - CPU batting

The scenario into the final hour of the day is South Africa 2/234.

On the whole there's more to like about this patch than dislike.

THE GOOD

The CPU batsmen are a lot more solid and look less likely to get out. It will obviously take good balls to get good batsmen out on such a good pitch, as has proven the case. Smith made 53 before letting a Lee ball go that came back and trapped him LBW, while Kallis made 34 before spooning a mistimed lofted drive to cover off Clark. Warne has looked threatening without breaking through so far.

I like the fact that it's obviously a batting pitch, and the match scenario is playing that out. Would've liked to see a little more movement off the pitch early, there is some occasional seam there.

Chances offered by my reckoning are four - one nick through vacant 2nd slip, one lofted drive straight and one mist-timed pull shot square, plus a runout chance had the fielder been a shade quicker.

AB De Villiers has racked up an excellent century with shots right around the full 360 degrees of the spider, also something I've rarely seen before in C2005, so well done there. However...

THE PERHAPS NOT SO GOOD.

The De Villiers ton is now 116 off 238 balls - that's a pretty realistic scoring rate, but it includes only 6 boundaries. 2 were pulled to the fine leg fence, with four drives through or over point/gully. Some balls have been creamed straight or in front of square and pulled up short of the fence. It's the same story through the covers. Smith hit one six that seemed to be more of a cover drive gone wrong that flew over third man. Apart from that there hasn't been one six attempted on what looks to be a replica of the 9/438 pitch from two weeks ago! :D

If I could humbly suggest that the well-timed deliveries stand a better chance of going to the fence, from a bowling perspective this would be an outstanding patch.

The regular shots for the ones and twos are good, it's just those ones that have clearly come out of the middle but failed to reach the fence.

As an experiment I dropped the stroke file from my personal fave the CGP4 to see if it gave more boundaries, and it certainly did. The only drawback then was just about every shot that found a gap screamed to the fence, no matter which shot it was. However, the batsmen did leave balls in the corridor outside off stump, while as has been mentioned they'll basically swing at anything using the CGP6 stroke file.

Dropping the Shot Power Variant 1 from CGP4 gave the shots less power than the CGP6 stroke file, so that narrowed down the field.

So in closing, I think as far as realism goes it's the best so far for bowling, but could do with a bit more power for the well-timed shots so they stand a better chance of reaching or clearing the fence.

With respect from Australia,
Heyado.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
chrais said:
im sure the reason why ur finding it difficult to time is because ur trying to hit them off balls that are of pretty good to shortish length,,,, i find i time it easier when the ball is just up of a length, n has to be a bit away from ur body,,,, i too find it hard to hit the bf cover drive off a good length

i time the ones medium lenght and i cant hit em and they are away from my body i can do it with other patches ut not this one and btw when u hit ure bf cover drives do they make a proper sound of a timed shot?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Boss i have another weird problem which has started happening today i dont know why here is the screenie can you tell me what that means please thanks

Attachments

• bf.JPG
    bf.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 206

Deboooo

Club Cricketer
is there any chance that u can make 1 modification

in ODIs the computers bowlers bowl up 2 15 overs nd that is not realistic

in odi's the maximum is 10 overs so if u can make taht change in your ai patch

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I get this error when Im playing the game...at the toss...

Async load of e4b0cc6bedfb37cd4b2253dfb7cb30af.big failed.

then i have to click ok or cancel and game exits..

Please Help..

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
ali_ed2001 said:
I get this error when Im playing the game...at the toss...

Async load of e4b0cc6bedfb37cd4b2253dfb7cb30af.big failed.

then i have to click ok or cancel and game exits..

Please Help..
Are you sure that's the correct filename?

In any case, I don't believe its related to this AI patch. Try asking the question in the main Cricket 2005 forum.

James219

International Cricketer
I think that problem may be related to incorrect installation of the 4GB batpack and roster/uniqueface patch, not sure though...

boss

Club Cricketer
Reply On 3.4.06

Hello Friends,

Nice to get lots of comm/rev/app from u. Thank u all!. Well, after reading all the posts, i come up with these observations...

1. Back Foot Shots are too hard to time/connect.

Fact: Yes!, but not on all pitches. i mean, if u play bf shots on Hard/bouncy/dry pitches, u can better connect them. But in Normal/green/damp pitches u've to rely on ff shots than the bf one.

2. Front Foot Shots Fly away to the fence when hit aerial, and difficult to reach the fence when play it along the turf.

Fact: Yap!, will perfect it in upcoming v7.

3. The CPU does not know how to play the leg stump yorkers

Fact: It is not LS yorker make them play faulty. it is LS Low Full TOSS. they always tend to slap it on the LS and get bowled/LBW. but i don't bowl them often. may bowl that around the slog overs only. But playing with common configs is the solun now, where u can't bowl LS low full toss that successfully.

4. Async load of e4b0cc6bedfb37cd4b2253dfb7cb30af.big failed.

Fact: This err is not due to my patch. It actually related to the Unique Face Patch. i.e. whenever u get this err, the corresponding player (whom played when err occur) doesn't have the unique face file. hence the err. You have to download all the face packs/files from the DL center to avoid such err.

5. Contact Frame is 0 for shot BACKFOOT_COVER_DRIVE_FULLSWING_01

Fact: i.e. due to messed up stroke file/not correctly inst big file. (BF Cover Drive 6 hit Frame 1). But there ain't any such errs in cgpv6. Probably chk the shot14a.saf in the 4308... .big and try to change the Frame 1. (or) Re-install the game and freshly install the Patch.

6. Players Carrying Wrong Bats...

Fact: If u installed both Unique Face Patch/4 GB Patch, then this might be a prob. Basically i didn't change the bats thing. I leave it upto the UFP roster and it works well with that. will try to change the bats accordingly to the 4gb pack in v7.

SPL Thanks to: Heyado and Shan111 For the exceptional reviews.

Looking Forward to more such match scenarios to justify this patch. Also like to have more comm abt IRCSUv1(Beta) (Comm on Features like Autoplay, fielding skill, stamina etc...) to provide u better IRCSUv1 along with CGPv7.

Cheers :happy

Boss

Last edited:

h123786

Club Cricketer
hi boss i have a single and major problem the players use the wrong bat pakistanis use puma bats(funny but true),and new zeland players use GM bats and fleming uses britannia, i am sure i have extraxted everything to the right place,but yet,pls justify this

ajayganesh

School Cricketer
hy boss :) will chk out ur new patch and let u know how it is...:) yay! epadi irukai nee..

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello guys. I have edited the outfield pacing and strokes of CGP6 to make it more realistic. Download it from the atachment and do post ur reviews after using it.Cheers :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

Attachments

• EditedCGP6.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
shan111 said:
Hello guys. I have edited the outfield pacing and strokes of CGP6 to make it more realistic. Download it from the atachment and do post ur reviews after using it.Cheers :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy
Do you Boss' permission for this??

Users who are viewing this thread