Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup!

Are you interested in playing in the 2nd Edition of the Monty Burns Cup?

• Total voters
P

pcfan123

The MB CUP

Cheesesarni wins the inaugural Monty Burns Cup! Congratulations! He came and took the tournament by storm, arriving only in the 3rd round and losing only once. 500,000 vCash prize for the champion!

My thanks to all who played, the tournament was a smashing success and the second edition will start shortly after the Champions Trophy Tournament.

Final 1: Cheesesarni: 135/9 vs Gougie 56 all out

Final 2: Gougie: 36 all out vs Cheesesarnie37-0

Finals Summaries:

Final 1:Tight bowling from gougie made scoring very hard with only C White (54) contributing runs in the top order, when he fell the AUSSIES were 72/7, then McDonald and Lee came together and repaired some of the damage, with Mcdonald scoring 34 with the tail to get to a respectable score off 135/9.
In reply gougie (South Africa) never came to terms with the conditions, or the quick bowling of cheesesarni, after slipping to 4/4 off 2overs, gougie never got back into the game, with only AB making double figures, but once he fell for 34 the game was all but over, and gougie slumped to a very disappointing 56 all out.

Final 2: After a steady start Gougie was around 20-2 off the first 6 overs. Some good variations in bowling and smart field placings made it difficult to score. The match changed in the 6th over Ben Hilfenhouse taking 5 wickets. Soon after the innings came to an end 36 all out.
Cheesesarni knowing he only needed 37 to win threw caution to the wind plundering the ball to the boundry ending the match and the final in 2.5 overs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Guests arrive for the finals, some are already inebriated

bushburns5bc.jpg

Group Stage awards:

Gougie ends up being the highest run scorer averaging 209.33 runs per game. He wins the 100k prize :)

LeftArmFast and Gougie end up as collective highest wicket takers, taking all 30 on offer in the group stage. They receive 50k each.

SEMI FINALS :

- The second semi-final saw cheesesarni upset LeftArmFast and end his mammoth winning streak. Full summary in post # 158
- The first semi-final saw a poor display from amjad9 who collapsed for 50 all out. This low score was never enough to challenge the tournaments highest run getter. Gougie advances to the finals, well deserved for how he played in the group stage and a favorite for the crown!

Semi Final 1: Amjad9 50 ao vs Gougie 51/5
Semi Final 2: LeftArmFast 167/9 vs Cheesesarnie 171-8

SideNote: Burnsy08 and Gunner have requested extra time to play their match, the last group match of the tournament. Once they have played I will release full stats for the season along with awards for highest run scorer / wicket taker etc.

Round 3 Summary.

-A dead rubber for the top of Group B saw LeftArmFast beating amjad9 by 10 wickets after bowling him out for 47.

-Cheesesarni won the toss and decided to bat. After getting off to a quick start 49-1 off 6 the good batting continued up until the 10th over 95-1. However Xtremedesix pulled the game back with some good bowling limiting Cheese to 182-9 off 20 overs. Xtremedesix got off to a steady start 30 odd off the first 6 overs with the loss of 1 wicket. The bowlers then started to turn the screw and has the run rate started to rise the wickets started to fall and he was all out for 149 from 18.4 overs 33 runs short of there target.

-After a quick start for cheesesarni scoring 60 odd in the power play overs Legendboy came back strong in the middle overs taking wickets at vital times with good disciplined quick bowling. With cheesesarni not taking full advantage of the 20 overs available the match was evenly poised.
Cheesesarni bowled tight in the first 6 overs not giving many runs away but Legendboy was up with the run rate for the loss of 3 wickets after 6 overs. With Paul Collingwood holding the innings together and a quickfire 21 from Sidebottom the match looked close but with the tail exposed Cameron White came on to take 3 wickets and close out the match with a 23 run victory to Cheesesarni.

-Early pressure by cheesesarnie kept the score down to 30 odd for 3, before a good 4th wicket stand of 100, kept the innings going and an unbroken stand of 40 odd, pushed Gougie up to 201/8. In reply cheesesarnie never got his timing going, you could tell it was his first game back after his holiday 59 all out. Gougie wins Group A (3 wins, 0 losses), in convincing fashion, averaging 209.3 runs a game and 10.9 per wicket. Well done mate!

Round 2 summary

- burnsy08 got off to a flyer but crumbled for 63 runs with Lee taking 4 wickets and Clark getting 3 in 1 over. amjad9 stuttered across the finish line with 64/4
- LeftArmFast bowled gunner_3sp_glow out for 71 in a low scoring affair for the 3rd match in Round 2. gunner_3sp_glow did well to take early wickets but was beaten comfortably when LeftArmFast reached 72/3 in under 10 overs.
-Gougie posted another comprehensive victory by crushing xtremedesix in Round 2. xtremedesix bowled well to contain Gougie and took late wickets, however 65 from Warner saw Gougie post a respectable 169/6. A phenomenal spell of 4 wickets for 9 runs in 4 overs by Brett Lee saw xtremedesix collapse for 39 runs. This victory should see Gougie into the semi finals and he is currently the highest run scorer after 2 matches played.
-Legendboy20 dismantled xtremedesix in the first match of Round 2 making Group A standings very interesting! Legendboy20 recovered from being 100-odd with 6-7 wickets down to post 181. He started off well with the ball getting 4 wickets in the first few overs. xtremedesix could not recover and was bundled out for 82 runs handing legendboy20 his first win and rocketing him to the top of the batting charts.

Round 1 Summary:

- The tournament started with a bang when Gougie defeated Legendboy20 in a match that saw over 400 runs scored.
- LeftArmFast bowled Burnsy08 out for 34 runs in a clinical display of English swing bowling. He chased it down without losing a wicket.
- Amjad9 put in a fine all round performance by scoring 136 and bowling out gunner_3stp_glow for 85.

** full scores in the fixtures list

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21633203@N07.jpg
Monty Burns Cup Standings (total of 3 matches each in Group stage)

Group A ----------Won - Loss -Tied
Gougie -------------------- 3-0-0 Winner of Group A!
Cheesesarnie --------------2-1-0 - advances to semis
Legendboy20 -------------- 1-2-0
xtremedesix ----------------0-3-0

Group B------------- Won - Loss -Tied
LeftArmFast --------------- 3-0-0 Winner of Group B!
amjad9-------------------- 2-1-0 - advances to semis
Burnsy08 ------------------ 0-2-0
gunner_3sp_glow ---------- 0-2-0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixtures:

Group A Round 3 : September 7th - September 12th

Round 3: Legendboy20 vs cheesesarnie cheesesarnie132 allout vs legendboy20109 all out

Round 3: Gougie vs Cheesesarnie gougie 201/8 vs cheesesarnie59 all out

Round 3: Cheesesarnie vs xtremedesix cheesesarnie182/9 vs xtremedesix149 all out

Group B Round 3 : September 7th - September 12th

Round 3: Burnsy08 vs gunner_3sp_glow (yet to be played)

Round 3: LeftArmFast vs amjad9 amjad947 allout vs LeftArmFast48/0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group A Round 2 : September 3rd - September 7th

Round 2 Gougie vs xtremedesix @Johannesburg gougie 169/6 vs xtremedesix 39 all out

Round 2 Legendboy20 vs xtremedesix @Cape Town Legendboy20 181allout vs xtremedesix 82allout

Group B Round 2 : September 3rd - September 7th

Round 2: LeftArmFast vs gunner_3sp_glow @ Cape Town gunner_3sp_glow71allout vs LeftArmFast72/3

Round 2:Burnsy08 vs amjad9@ Johannesburg burnsy0863allout vs amjad9--64/4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group A Round 1 : September 1st - September 2nd

Round 1: Gougie vs Legendboy20 @ Johannesburg gougie 258/7 Vs LegendBoy20 204 allout

Group B Round 1: September 1st - September 2nd

Round 1: LeftArmFast vs Burnsy08 @ CapeTown Burnsy08 34allout Vs LeftArmFast 38/0

Round 1: gunner_3sp_glow vs amjad9 @ Johannesburg amjad9 136allout vs gunner_3sp_glow 85allout

----------------------------------------------------------------------

21633203@N07.jpg
Monty Burns Cup Stats Leaders

Player: Runs made /Wickets taken
Gougie-----------------628/30
Legendboy20 ----------494/27
Cheesesarnie-----------373/28
xtremedesix------------270/25
amjad9-----------------247/20
LeftArmFast -----------158/30
gunner_3sp_glow -------156/13
Burnsy08---------------97/4

Last edited by a moderator:

AL_Amin

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
when are you planning to start this tournament? i'll be bit busy after september 12th. so, if it start's before that, i'll participate.

PSN: legendboy20
Messanger: MSN

P

pcfan123

when are you planning to start this tournament? i'll be bit busy after september 12th. so, if it start's before that, i'll participate.

PSN: legendboy20
Messanger: MSN

I am hoping to start it by this weekend, you have 5 days for each match, so I am sure you can squeeze in your games at some point. I do not want to rush this tournament no guarantees that it will be finished before the 12th. I am still putting you down on the list though, worse comes to worse you can just forfeit the games you cannot attend.

P

pcfan123

Updated information on the Tournament

Additional Awards

100k to highest run scorer of Tournament
100K to leading wicket taker of Tournament

Stat tracking will be provided for the "season" and playoffs.

I hope for this to turn into a long running event. Consider this "season 1" of the Half Million Vcash Tournament

gougie

Club Cricketer
ive got a friend who will play hes on holiday untill saturday online id cheesesarnie

will u send me a msg to ps3 to let me know if im in cheers laf

P

pcfan123

Ok gougie you are in , this is really supposed to be for PC members so we can contact people and discuss the tournament, I have included your friend cheesesarnie for now. Please tell him to make a PC account, if all the spots fill up and other PC members want to play I will have to drop him though.

I am hoping that the spots fill up by Friday and Fixtures will be released Friday evening.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
I may aswell give it a go and get owned by everyone

PSN:burnsy08

P

pcfan123

I may aswell give it a go and get owned by everyone

PSN:burnsy08

wonderful, now if you could please let me know your location so I can group you accordingly.

Only 2 spots left guys, this tourny might be getting underway very soon. Please read the rules and feel free to ask me any questions.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
sorry England is my location unless you need any more specifics.

P

pcfan123

Only 1 spot left now guys, as soon as it is filled I will release the fixtures.

gunner_3sp_glow

School Cricketer
Count me in please.

never quit a single game.

prvt tourney, good idea. what about a 20/20 league.

u know more of crkt than me, points for a win, extra points for runs and wickets?

play each other twice, could have like 20 teams to fit in with the 20/20 theme

a good idea?

xtremexdesix

Club Cricketer
we can have a rule by having a assigned team for each player

teams are obviously going to be test playing nations
1)Australia
2)England
3)South Africa
4)New Zealand
5)India