Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Required RR 7.20..All Gambhir need to do is another 100..Because thats all he can do.He can't win match for India with that RR..

Till the time atleast 2 senior players (one of which HAS to be Ganguly) are not brought back, Indian batting will take a lot of time to score big totals.There is nobody to guide the newcomers and help them settle down in the team (besides Tendulkar - which is not enough). Even Tendulkar needs support at the other end. Ganguly-Tendulkar showed glimpses of their old form last year. Ganguly's dropping was just a publicity stunt. I believe the reason given for his dropping was that he runs slowly between the wickets and is a slow fielder... DUDE... if you average 15-20 odd and field and run really fast it wont make a difference.Ganguly averages 42 or 44 in the last year. He had made a phenomenal comeback before these selectors came along and made this illogical decision. He is not such a bad fielder... but I agree his running is mediocre... but was he even warned? I believe NOT. Now we have to face the consequences. This was always going to happen if you(selectors) drop your best players against the best teams in the world and allow many youngsters to make their debut all in one series... this is NOT T20... ODI's are another ball game altogether.

Last edited:
Definately. We cannot expect these guys to win all their games straight away, but they can learn in a tough environment over the next four years. Gambhir is a shining example of a newly improved batsman who has shown great responsibility when given a full time role in the team at three. You cannot say that his quick singles are worthless.

I have not seen the fielding as it has all been in English early morning, but I hope that India rest Yuvraj Singh, he must be injured since it is noted on cricinfo that he is misfielding a lot. Regardless, Rohit Sharma is a good fielder find who has shown himself to be an ODI quality batsman. There have been a fair few very good finds for India after dropping Ganguly and Dravid and a few early losses must not overshadow that.

forget about winning ! atleast cant they show the intent of staying
at the crease.....?? its the batting that has been poor this series
and surprisingly the bowlers have been more than efficient !!

quick singles are like bonus points but they will not win you games.......

When you find some fantastic players (Example : Ishant Sharma) it doesn't mean you dont let one new guy settle and keep bringing on the others... and WHAT is the LOGICAL reason for dropping Ganguly? @manee : you say they should be given 4 years to settle. If Ganguly and maybe even Dravid (or Laxman) were in the team, India would have never seen a slump in form and these new players would have settled down beautifully(in less than a year or two). The new batsmen are extremely talented no doubt but inconsistent. If Ganguly (the former and the most successful captain of India) was still in the team, they would have received great guidance, tips and even a psychological advantage knowing that two absolute legends are playing up the order.

jkartik said:
forget about winning ! atleast cant they show the intent of staying
at the crease.....?? its the batting that has been poor this series
and surprisingly the bowlers have been more than efficient !!

It has been a tough series to bat in for all teams.

You say the bowling has been good, but Sreesanth has been a liability once more! I don't know why they dropped Munaf Patel after two good bowling performances. He may have picked up a few wickets, but an economy rate of 6.03 is just not acceptable, especially when you consider that most of his wickets have come not in quick succession and mostly cheap wickets at the death.

When you find some fantastic players (Example : Ishant Sharma) it doesn't mean you dont let one new guy settle and keep bringing on the others... and WHAT is the LOGICAL reason for dropping Ganguly? @manee : you say they should be given 4 years to settle. If Ganguly and maybe even Dravid (or Laxman) were in the team, India would have never seen a slump in form and these new players would have settled down beautifully(in less than a year or two). The new batsmen are extremely talented no doubt but inconsistent. If Ganguly (the former and the most successful captain of India) was still in the team, they would have received great guidance, tips and even a psychological advantage knowing that two absolute legends are playing up the order.

If Ganguly and Dravid were playing, Rohit Sharma would have not got into the team. Furthermore, Gambhir DID NOT settle when those two were in the team since he had to be shifted around the order to accomodate them.

Last edited:
Nice batting by Gambhir.At least he has not given up...Shame on others.
Thats some courage from promising youngsters..
Until Dhoni is there you never know..India have all their chances..

India have got a pretty good partnership going now. But they are well behind the run rate. Good bowling Australia. One more wicket and this game is dead and buried for India.

It has been a tough series to bat in for all teams.

You say the bowling has been good, but Sreesanth has been a liability once more! I don't know why they dropped Munaf Patel after two good bowling performances. He may have picked up a few wickets, but an economy rate of 6.03 is just not acceptable, especially when you consider that most of his wickets have come not in quick succession and mostly cheap wickets at the death.

well.....if they pick munaf patel......it would make the selectors look
stupid. ! seniors were dropped due to their fielding........so why
on earth should one pick him as hes the WORST fielder among the lot !!

If Ganguly and Dravid were playing, Rohit Sharma would have not got into the team. Furthermore, Gambhir DID NOT settle when those two were in the team since he had to be shifted around the order to accomodate them.

mike hussey didnt get a chance due to michael bevan(?).....
haddin couldnt due to gilchrist etc.....!
besides, sharma is TOO young...only 20....1 more year and he
would have been in the team easily.......

Agree You can't ask your any young bowler to be Consistent.You need to give them time..

18, 1, 1, 6, 3.

Those are Ganguly's scores in his last 5 ODI innings against Australia in Australia.

That logical enough for you?

Which year was that in? He was not in form that time... I'm sure thats from atleast 2 years ago.. or maybe even more.

Also, what are Rohit Sharma's last 5 scores, and even Uthappa's ??

EDIT: To those 2, add Sehwag.

Last edited:
No wickets are falling :( cmon Binga give us a breakthrough :cool:

GOT HIM!

Great bowling Lee he is a champion. So many catches behind the wicket to gilly. The game is out of India's reach now in my opinion.

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread