Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Another reason why 20/20 is crap. The players are doing commentating on the field, just shows how much it means to them.

By the way, Mickey Mouse called...

He wants his World Cup back.
Twenty20 is not crap. You charade along as if there has never been a poor test match or ODI match in the history of the game.

That's a wrap. There's one thing I learned from today's encounter. And that is that I need to find a feed that isn't drawn from Channel 9. Their commentary drives me up the wall. 5am. Not bad I suppose. Can still get 7 hours of sleep.

The commentary bit between the game was cool. That makes it a lot more interesting. this is a game that is so much commercial in nature. they are milking all that they can out of it.

India deserved this defeat for their shocking approach. cant they read the pitch? with such a big crowd, you got to get yourself in and then go for the shots. the australian fielding didnt help too (I think they have a very good captain for the future in Micheal Clarke; he handled it in extremely superb fashion)

Hope those guys got the practice that they possibly could get. The ODI's will be more hard work. Hope they select the team properly and go into the ODI's in a good frame of mind. I dont think this defeat will rankle much in their minds.

Anyone who thought a 84 thousand strong crowd was crap is just plain stupid.

That was an amazing atmosphere by the looks. Amazing stuff.

Just a shame about the way the game went. India first of all picked a weak and experimental side. They didn't take the game seriously and were embarrassed as the result. Secondly, the batsmen who did play played stupid shots. I can't believe this team won the world cup. Their innings pacing was a joke. Look at how Australia went. Gilly and Clarke scoring runs along the ground and THEN after getting in playing shots in the air if needed. I also think you should chase in Twenty/20's as much as possible. It makes it easier when you see how the pitch is playing and know what you need.

Hats off to Clarke though. Without the runout the whole game may have been different. Well deserving of MotM. Just shows that when you have a great fielder you can take an advantage in that part of the game as well.

Anyone who now says "Twenty/20 is bad blah blah" isn't judging it fairly. India really never took the game seriously. Blame them.

Still was great to watch. Gilly with the microphone is always a good laugh.

Last edited:
world champions eh?

20/20 has so much luck attached to it. Anyone can beat anyone...quite stupid really.

So, did Australia not lose to Bangladesh when they had the World Champs tag with them ?
It is not as if teams just turn up and get results going their way in 20-20. You still have to work for those victories, maybe with a lot less of strategy and skill involved in Test match cricket.
India did not win the T20 WC by just winning a one-off game. They still had to play 7 games and win 6 of those to win the tourney.
That is quite a lot of games to win just by luck.

The reason why we lost today was that we played amateurish cricket and not because of the format of the game. The batsmen showed no respect for the conditions and deserved to lose today.
I don`t know where the luck factor got into the picture.This should serve as a wake-up call for all the youngsters.

What about the crowd booing Harbajhan when he touched the ball, then cheering when he dropped a catch.

Now you guys see why we did crap in the 20/20 WC. Picking the wrong players and taking it lightly more times than not leads to losses.

If you ask me i wasn't surprised by the thrashing. Half of the top 8 batted first time in Australia... a couple more humilating loses and then we'll be back in business. Too bad i didnt see the game... any positives for the Indians. What about the newbies? Any stand out... please Dave Hussey gets a call.

What about the crowd booing Harbajhan when he touched the ball, then cheering when he dropped a catch.

I was there and the sound was amazing when he walked out onto the field.

And especially when he dropped that catch, was hilarious!

one of the new mediumfast bowlers actions looks a little suspect saw a side on replay that made me think hmmm something doesnt look right there.

Think it was Kumar?

Bhaji didnt let the crowd get to him an seemed fine unlike murali when he cops no where near that much an cries.

Cant really say a thing about how new guys for india went none were in long enuff or bowled long enough for anyone to tell.

haha lol samething is going to happen in odi with india they going to have the worse series i bet u. india needs to have a good batting start at top of the order and thats not going to happen with sehwag he is good in test because of open fields where is odi there are much fielders and not in slips

It will be interesting to see if Australia decides to play some of the newer players as they did tonight.

I hope they do, watching them on the field you could see that they were happy to be there and is positive spirits.

Clarkey is an absolute gun, and he will make a fantastic captain when Punter retires.

Users who are viewing this thread