Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

well lots of people here want to see Z Khan back..but i think we already moved to new generation.We doing good with Ishant,Srisanth and Kumaran..
RP singh is ready for come back.And plus we have 10-15 fast bowler waiting for their chance.(Mob can tell you their names,as he follow domestic cricket so closely)
After all these we still need Z Khan,who has won only one series for india in England..I think We should forget Z Khan as He was Never match winner for India.

Nah, I disagree, I think Zaheer has some fuel left in the tank, he has something to offer the team still. Just yesterday, we were praising him as our best bowler, what a change, for the best, let's hope.

I never agreed he is our best Bowler.I know except me everybody think him as a champ..What to do Mob i can't forget 2003 World final 1st over,which never allowed india to came back in that Match.Anyway that was past and we should move further so ok...

I never agreed he is our best Bowler.I know except me everybody think him as a champ..What to do Mob i can't forget 2003 World final 1st over,which never allowed india to came back in that Match.Anyway that was past and we should move further so ok...

Stop holding grudges. It was five years ago, Zaheer was still a young, inexperienced bowler.

Get over it.

Don't forget he was our best bowler in the tournament.

Ya I already got over it bro...Hope now he react something mature and Experienced bowler..lol..

Zaheer is definitely going to be the spearhead once he gets back into fitness. Relying on Ishant is just going to put more pressure on him and decrease his performances.

Zaheer is definitely going to be the spearhead once he gets back into fitness. Relying on Ishant is just going to put more pressure on him and decrease his performances.

We definitely need a rotation policy when it comes to our fast bowlers. Ishant should have got some rest games in the matches that didn't really matter, so he's full in terms of confidence and fitness when it comes to the bigger matches.

This also gives an opportunity to the Munaf or Sreesanth to prove themselves.

I fear Ishant is going to burn out and injure himself, come back weaker then before and fade away. Just like Zaheer (who has come back strong), Nehra, and many other Indian fast bowlers.

We definitely need a rotation policy when it comes to our fast bowlers. Ishant should have got some rest games in the matches that didn't really matter, so he's full in terms of confidence and fitness when it comes to the bigger matches.

This also gives an opportunity to the Munaf or Sreesanth to prove themselves.

I fear Ishant is going to burn out and injure himself, come back weaker then before and fade away. Just like Zaheer (who has come back strong), Nehra, and many other Indian fast bowlers.
Yeah, that's my fear. The problem was we made it so that we had to win most of our games, so we couldn't really rest him. Let's hope he makes it through this series, seeing that he has a week's worth of rest, about.

I feel he can be rested for the South Africa series. Sure its a big deal, but he's earned the break, right?

Maybe not the whole series, but surely any dead rubbers and such. Zaheer/RP can fill in for him anyways.

Well I don't think Ishant gonna rested for whole series..Ya He can be rested for couple of Matches..

if dadaji can be picked...then why not dada ? :D

Quite true. I didnt want Ganguly, but if Munaf, why not Dada?

Yeah, that's my fear. The problem was we made it so that we had to win most of our games, so we couldn't really rest him. Let's hope he makes it through this series, seeing that he has a week's worth of rest, about.

I am confident that with Dhoni around as captain, our fast bowlers will be taken better care of. Dhoni shows that he takes decisions which he thinks are in the best interests of the team. I expect him to rotate his fast bowlers in future (when he gets back RP/Zaheer). Irfan with his batting might be played always, but others could be rotated in future. Lets hope it happens.

Last edited:
Quite true. I didnt want Ganguly, but if Munaf, why not Dada?

I am confident that with Dhoni around as captain, our fast bowlers will be taken better care of. Dhoni shows that he takes decisions which he thinks are in the best interests of the team. I expect him to rotate his fast bowlers in future (when he gets back RP/Zaheer). Irfan with his batting might be played always, but others could be rotated in future. Lets hope it happens.

irfan is less likely to injure himself because of the pace he bowls, and he's a stronger guy then most people on the Indian team. I dont have a problem with him playing all the games (he is an allrounder afterall) so that should exempt him from the rotation policy. All the other quicks - Sreesanth, RP , Ishant , and Zaheer should be shifted and rested accordingly to minimize all injuries and mishaps.

If I were to pick a four man pace attack I would go with the following:
ishant
zaheer
Irfan
praveen/rp/ sreesanth

I would love to see sree back at the top but his recent form has not helped the cause.

I apoligeze for any typos as the was typed on an iPod touch.

So excited for tomorrow, Gilly's last ODI and leaving school early to stop myself from missing him batting!

Users who are viewing this thread