Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Final today. It will be really interesting to see how Australia bat. I thought they got to slack and over confident with Gilly and Hopes' effort and basically fell apart. They need to treat the bowlers and fielders with respect and i think we didn't do that because some of the shot selection that night was terrible.

Ya we all pray for that.Actually forecast also saying very tricky Maj..There is overcast till night with a chance of rain 25%..
Now How do we understand 25%??
Anyway hope we have 100 overs of a play without rain and without D/L..

Nah, it was just a good seat. Before the game, I just went near the players race, and moved along the bays to where they were training. I really wish I got a close up of Gilly like Haddin. :(

My camera is crap. Fujifilm A303 Finepix camera. 3.2 megapixels with 3x optical zoom. I'm gonna get a phone that has 5 megapixels and 16x virtual zoom.

Last edited:
Lol..Nice photos anyway..Reps to you..:)

Big day for India..Two finals on a day.One against Aussis and other against Saf!!

Well Aussis have won the toss and elected to bat..so big test for Indian pace bowler..India need to restrict Aussis in 260,If they want to stay in the game..

Last edited:
I predict a large score. Sydney's a smallish ground, right? Gilchrist was certainly looking in great touch against the Lankans. Looks like the Indians have actually gone ahead with Chawla. Strange seeing that it's his first game of the tournament. The X-Factor maybe?

Again! Oh come on! When will India bat first???

Got to stay awake long enough to see them bat. May be I will try to go the distance today as far as the game is concerned.

India play Piyush (Source: Cricinfo). WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! Certainly a surprising decision. I wanted him to play but to put him into a final is risky yet brave.

I am also surprised to see the young leg spinner all of a sudden into the team XI. I didn't expect that. :) He has done pretty well in England. Have to see how he goes here.. But what the pitch curator had said, this pitch is "dry"! Hopefully our batting doesn't collapse and play with full responsibility later in this match. Otherwise,..... No comments! :upray

Good move to play Piyush Chawla but I`d have liked him to play in place of Harbhajan with Sehwag providing the extra cushion for the batting and also his more than useful offies making up for the 5th bowlers quota.

Having seen our batting in big games for years now, Iam sure we`ll require the extra batsman.
I do not think that any of Praveen/Irfan/Piyush can get us home batting at No.7 if we chase a big total.

Only Gambhir and Tendulkar inspire some confidence (Tendulkar is`nt great in big run chases).
Our only chance to win a game chasing in an ODI with 5 bowlers is to restrict Australia to a score below 200.

Whoohooooo.... PRAVEEN KUMAR opening the bowling for India!!!!!

I dont know whether to applaud Dhoni or laugh at the decisions that he has been taking so far.

Users who are viewing this thread