Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Playing Sreesanth itself nowadays is a recipe for disaster, there is always a half chance that he will be super or rubbish.

Having said that, I'd take him over Munaf any day of the week.

IMO rather play the extra batsmen rather than concede runs at 7 an over...

Tiwary :D.

Any excuse to play him, must be taken.

Added to that, this is his first ODI century in Australia! :) What a legend he is.. Right from his ball1 which he faced, he looked confident. Overall, a good team effort excluding Pathan's bowling. But oh well, everyone have a bad day.. Let it go as a dream and hopefully, Pathan improves. Hats off to Sachin for his one of the best innings today! :hpraise Still, I would rate his Sharjah knock against Aussies as the best. ;)

Surprisingly, India have displayed a 100% team effort in both this first final and U19 Wcup. :hpraise

I think the problem with Sachin is that EVERY time he comes in, he seems to look good from the beginning. He is a naturally attractive player and very rarely looks out of sorts. And of course the commentators are falling over themselves whenever he bats, so it's no wonder that people are surprised when they look at his record and see that he in fact doesn't average 60 :p

I also think we should be careful of giving India too much credit. Their ground fielding was awful for example. But their spinners bowled very well and Kumar and Sharma bowled well at the beginning. Trouble is that in Brisbane the spinners won't get so much assistance and hopefully the more consistent bounce will help guys like Gilchrist and Ponting who misjudged the bounce for their dismissals.

India's bowling looks awful now, to be honest, if Ishant goes. Given that we don't have Zaheer and RP on top of that. Praveen Kumar is not up to standard, he's a trundler, much like Hopes.

India's bowling looks awful now, to be honest, if Ishant goes. Given that we don't have Zaheer and RP on top of that. Praveen Kumar is not up to standard, he's a trundler, much like Hopes.

Yes, but a trundler who picks up wickets unlike Hopes :D

I reckon he got lucky. Alright, slightly harsh, at best he can keep things tight, in my opinion. I doubt he'll get too many wickets.

I reckon he got lucky. Alright, slightly harsh, at best he can keep things tight, in my opinion. I doubt he'll get too many wickets.

Well we really haven't got a choice as he looks our best bowler after Ishant...

Nah. Pathan is, even Bhajji's better imo. Pathan just had a bad couple of games.

pathans got loads of talent. he just seems to have low self esteem. watch him after he gets whacked for a four, he looks as if his dad just died. i wish he would start bowling like he did when he was 20.

Ya He has lost his pace in past year.But still he is very accurate and capable of moving the ball..It just couple of bad matches for Him..
And you can't criticize Pathan only by bowling as he can bat..So he is the only Genuine all rounder India have now..

pathans got loads of talent. he just seems to have low self esteem. watch him after he gets whacked for a four, he looks as if his dad just died. i wish he would start bowling like he did when he was 20.

Why bring his dad in here to explain what you feel abt Pathan's reactions?

Not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but was nice seeing Gilly's reaction during one of Sachin's post match interview that he was giving to Star Sports (led by Harsha Bhogle, Ravi Shastri and Ian Chappell)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u1C8uzZgGcI

Note: This reaction is particularly close to the end of that clip. Good sportsmanship from Gilly! A true legend!

Last edited:
A great win for India! It was so nice to see Sachin score a hundred after so long. I really hope he repeats Sharjah 96 heroics and wins us the trophy. That would be a great way to end his final (possibly) tour to Australia.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but was nice seeing Gilly's reaction during one of Sachin's post match interview that he was giving to Star Sports (led by Harsha Bhogle, Ravi Shastri and Ian Chappell)

Note: This reaction is particularly close to the end of that clip. Good sportsmanship from Gilly! A true legend!

I agree, he is definitely a legend. Every time he decides to walk (before given out), my respect for him increases exponentially.

I am really sad to see him retire. I really hope he signs off with a century. Not a win though, just a century.

another scandal just comihg up
apparently rohit sharma said something bout brett lee in his post match interview,

later on one of he aussie players apparently said something along the lines of "What is it with these people? Do they breed them like this there?"

Users who are viewing this thread