Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Ya It is good prospect to brought back D Hussey as their middle order not clicking as they expected..But Bringing him in for the place of Hopes doesn't make sense..Hopes also good all rounder..He was doing good in bowling..And what you should expect from D Hussey..Century..
I think Aussis main players like Hayden,Ponting and Clarke need to perform If they want to take this to 3rd match..

another scandal just comihg up
apparently rohit sharma said something bout brett lee in his post match interview,

later on one of he aussie players apparently said something along the lines of "What is it with these people? Do they breed them like this there?"

What did Rohit say? If so, I havent read abt it so far in any papers which makes me seriously doubt the validity of this interview by Rohit

Brett is one of the nicest guys from the Aussies. The beamer he bowled to Sachin was unintentional, and I found a lot of sincerity in the way he apologised. Also lot of times during this series, Lee has behaved in a very jovial way with the Indian players on the field (e.g. patting Sachin on his head after he got him out for 159 in the Sydney test, again patting Sachin on his back last night after India won the first final, etc).

Yay India. I'm going to say that if it comes down to a third final, Aussies are going to win the series. We need to finish it off asap.

And credit to Dhoni for reading the pitch correctly and selecting his team correctly. He shouldn't play 2 spinners just because they performed well, as the slow pitch in Sydney helped them out.

I am confident Dhoni will size up the conditions and take a call on the team for Brisbane. Some of his decisions have been very surprising, but they seem to have some logic and have worked.

I too feel Australia will scrap through if they win the 2nd final. India has to finish things off here OR NEVER!

Last edited:
If I had been Rohit I would have definately said something. That beamer from Lee was dangerous. It was not that the ball was wet it was dry. Had it been from Ishant Sharma he would have been called to be banned by Aussie media.

Sensing this as a neutral-

Ponting could be dropped for tomorrow.This will also give Gilly one last shot at the Aussie captaincy.David Hussey can fill in for the Punter.

James Hopes seems to be a liabilty.They could go with choosing Noffke over him as you can get a pacy bowler who is better than Hopes.

As a neutral again - why drop a guy who is as influential as Ponting? he got a hundred against india just last week. Plus he has been a very good captain, and his mere presence is enough for the opposition to work overtime to plot his dismissal seriously. He is more like Australia's Sachin Tendulkar - can take the game by the scruff of its neck when he gets going.

I think Australia should drop Hopes and Hogg and let India win the finals easily.

Had Tendulkar got out last match then Hogg would have eaten our middle order. He has Yuvi in his back pocket.

I love it when Sachin toys with a bowler, like he does with Hogg. It makes great tv.

Dropping Ponting is a silly idea. He's a great player, going through a bit of a rough patch, that's all. However, he's very dangerous, and you'd be extremely stupid to drop him from any team.

Probab;y a bit late but cool to see India win. Although I vaguely heard the commentators remarking about India's poor fielding on the highlights (I got home at 1am), it is good that the young blood are proving themselves as good batsmen. Rohit Sharma has batted well and Gambhir has shown himself capable. It would seem that the main problem lies in the opening batting, with both Uthappa and Sehwag struggling in the role; it is also fascinating to see Jaffer and Chopra both performing well in the low level Ranji One Day Trophy too. I always saw it unfair how Jaffer has been entirely judged for ODIs on two innings and per his Test strike rate (very unreliable).

We have more options than Jaffer. Which begs question why did Mallya spent money on him in his team. He will not be even in 16 man aquad for IPL.

I love it when Sachin toys with a bowler, like he does with Hogg. It makes great tv.

Dropping Ponting is a silly idea. He's a great player, going through a bit of a rough patch, that's all. However, he's very dangerous, and you'd be extremely stupid to drop him from any team.

Agree..No logic to drop Ponting..And i think nobody dare to do that...We all have seen him lifting the two world cups..hes great cricketer..All have bad times..may be its ponting turn..

With one win,i won't say India have replaced world champions or they are as best as aussis..Consistency is the short cut to be world champion..
If India win today by 2-0.At some extend I'll believe..things changing for world leader boards..

Chopra of all people is scorching domestic cricket this season. Both in Test and ODIs.

I suggested dropping Ponting to let Gilly captain 'Aus' one last time.
Anywyas,the World Champs are under some immense pressure,will they crack tomorrow is the big question ....

I hope it rains. D/L will help us win then.

Well I don't think It'll be so easy for India to have Pleasure..
Danger Aussis in the pressure to deliver make them more danger..
Only think India can do is by keeping the momentum with them.Its against up to Sachin to give India flayer start..I don't expect much change from both of the sides..because that won't gonna help either of them..
Other worries for India include Sachin's groin injury which got only 36 hours to recover.Ishant who is still doubtful for tomorrow..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread