Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Yay India. I'm going to say that if it comes down to a third final, Aussies are going to win the series. We need to finish it off asap.

And credit to Dhoni for reading the pitch correctly and selecting his team correctly. He shouldn't play 2 spinners just because they performed well, as the slow pitch in Sydney helped them out.

Can't believe Australia lost. Great batting by Sachin carried his bat and got a ton. It is do or die tomorrow for Australia...obviously.

We really need to get David Hussey into our batting somehow. Ponting goes out of shape and the rest of the middle order just haven't picked up the slack.

Bowling lacks that strike bowler which only Tait could bring atm. Hilfy accuracy and extra pace would be good but hes a bit down on form. Not much we can do though Clark isn't going to do much could add some accuracy but wickets will be tough to come by.
Anyway hopefully we bowl first I don't trust in our batters setting a total and our bowlers defending it.

Ponting should of been treated like any other player and dropped throughout the series and Dave Hussey brought in.

CA made the mistake of leaving Mike Hussey out for so long. Seems like there repeating themselves, although it is tough to find someone to replace him with though.

If they can drop Hayden then same applies to Ponting. But I guess he holds same status as Tendulkar holds in India. CA will not drop him.

I think they should drop Hopes and pick David Hussey for the next match... their batting needs to be stronger...

We really need to get David Hussey into our batting somehow. Ponting goes out of shape and the rest of the middle order just haven't picked up the slack.

I'm sure how he would get into the side. This batting line-up is still very strong. Unless you drop Hopes for Dave Hussey, which leaves a bowling gap open.

Hussey can bowl an normally doesnt go for too many runs while getting the odd wicket here an there.

Our bowlers have been saving our ass all series.
Time to strengthen batting.

Drop either hoggy or hopes for next game.

=Sman-21;1000059Hussey can bowl an normally doesnt go for too many runs while getting the odd wicket here an there.

Our bowlers have been saving our ass all series.
Time to strengthen batting.

He can be useful but he's bu no means a frontline bowler.

Drop either hoggy or hopes for next game.

Well you would want to keep Hogg as a frontline spinner and the fact that his career is nearly over. I mean Hopes looks a good alrounder to me and it would be a shame if he'd to be dropped.

Sensing this as a neutral-

Ponting could be dropped for tomorrow.This will also give Gilly one last shot at the Aussie captaincy.David Hussey can fill in for the Punter.

James Hopes seems to be a liabilty.They could go with choosing Noffke over him as you can get a pacy bowler who is better than Hopes.

Guess whos going to the cricket tomoro for Gilly's last gabba game!!!?? Well after uni...

So what india one the first one, there a good team, Do Not drop punter he is still the rock in our team, Lee hasn't been in top form but he is still in, and Johnson, Hogg and Brack's.

What to do about our batting then... I say... Nothing at all!

Slightly off topic here but could anyone imagine how good Sharma would be if he started serious cricket before 14.:p

Last edited:
another scandal just comihg up
apparently rohit sharma said something bout brett lee in his post match interview,

later on one of he aussie players apparently said something along the lines of "What is it with these people? Do they breed them like this there?"

Search for 'CB series final interview' on youtube. Rohit Sharma's interview is there.

Personally, I think his english did him in as he couldn't express what he truly wanted to say. He seemed a bit reluctant before starting a sentence. A few words just slipped out of his mouth. Once again, a mountain has been made of a molehill.

Yeah Dave Hussey definately deserves a go...Symonds, Clarke or Hopes would have to make way.
Our bowling looked poor last match but that was the first time all series we've bowled average. if it wasnt for our bowlers we wouldnt even be in the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread