Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

26 to win from 4 overs.
Hopefully, we won`t mess it up now.

I hope India don't fluff it up from here. I've been impressed with Pathan's application--him sticking around with Dhoni and doing so positively has gone a long way in setting this up.

Good win for India. It was a thriller! Now India goes through to the finals, right? Feel sorry for Sri Lanka though :(. Would have loved to see Sri Lanka and India in the finals :D

Apparently neutral games aren't being broadcasted on Nine. Probably because they didn't think they'd be making too much money.

But they've had the other India/Sri Lanka games on nine. Odd, but no big deal. Anyway, great game today, but, that wide call at the end was bull**** :rolleyes: :p

Burraaaaah!.

Yuvi is back and how. Robin you were right, Dhoni is new Dravid of Indian team. Beware Aussies now our Lion is back.

Well after thrilling action india made it.
Negative point from game:
P KUMARAN-- didn't make any Impact.Neither by bowl nor by bat. R UTHAPPA-- You don't have any place in the team as finisher.if you are natural opner then you have to prove otherwise people like Tawary waiting for their chance.
H SINGH--that was not your job as a prime bowler.You should have taken wicket in middle over.thats your job.
S tENDULKAR--You can't play with this average.It doesn't suit your name.

Positive point from game:
YUVI --is back.and thats the great news for indian fans
PATHAN --proving himself quality all rounder.although he thrown his wicket but he played good enough.
DHONI-- don't want to comment on captaincy but superb batting.

and atlast we must have sehwag in the team.Someone should kidnap MUNAF..
If you want to play with five bowlers you can try two spinners.

Hey Vaibhav its P Kumar bro. Anyways he does not look anything a player that he is in domestic level when playing in inbternational games. In three games he has played he has been out slogging madly. Today he was lucky to survive 1 ball cos he was goner the second ball he faced.

Hes not the allrounder we are looking for and Sehwag in his place would be more handy. He could have bowled 10 overs for 40 odd runs and made 20-30 runs also.

Good finish by india (I hate saying this but, They really had the game on the edge, Don't bring the future games to this near India.:mad:.:p. ).:D.:D.

Really sid sometime i don't understand P kumar who took something like 8 or 9 wickets when he played his last domestic match.So he has potential no doubt.
Why bowler who took 8 or 9 wickets in a single ininngs, didn't able to take evn one wicket?
There is no logic.Either we have to put our domestic cricket under question mark?or it just the pressure of international cricket?
Whatever he was so average.And i don't think we should name him as all-rounder.you can say him slog hitter.thats all.

Also I think now Bhajji will be our death bowler. He is very good with his darts in end overs.

The team played well to win the match.However they got it too close for anyone's [but SriLanka's] liking in the end.
If matches against Aus go to wire,well,we know the result.

Regd the bowlers-Munaf bowled well,but shoddy in the field.
Praveen Kumar- Doesnt look too great unless he comes up with something and wins a match for India.
Irfan Pathan-our all-rounder who has shown that he is decent with the bat & ball.

Good win from India! I told you guys, dont lose hope on this team. This team has been promising. Yuvraj's form will solve so many things for us. Even without Yuvi firing, we have brought Australia so close. Imagine with Yuvi firing, what could happen?

I am very happy with the way Dhoni has batted in this series. Very sensible, applying himself and wanting to carry his team through. He is playing like a true leader. Dhoni is building some sort of a class around himself with this series.

Munaf and Praveen need to be dropped next match. Munaf was lucky this game to get a wicket and a run out. His fielding is pathetic and its getting so worse that he cant stay with the team just for his bowling. Praveen Kumar doesnt look great at all. He needs that something special to play for this team. We have Pathan the all rounder. We just dont need to tinker with his batting position. Harbhajan is becoming a more than decent bat and if we play two spinners, Piyush comes in and he is also a very decent bat.

My team for the Australia game would be

Sachin, Gambhir, Uthappa, Yuvraj, Rohit, Dhoni, Pathan, Harbhajan, Piyush, Sreesanth, Ishant

Piyush should be in because the last game in Sydney between Australia and Sri Lanka was played out on a very slow and sluggish wicket and playing the slow bowlers will be tough on there. And Piyush with his decent bat would be a good replacement for Praveen Kumar. Sreesanth needs to be back for Munaf, the old man.

I dont know why India persist with Munaf. He is a shoddy fielder. Cant contribute anything with the bat and puts next to no effort in at all. In his bowling if things arent going well for him he will basically throw a tantrum and his performance may bring the rest of the teams performance down. He cant be included in my opnion.

Users who are viewing this thread