Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Ya me also agree.He just getting his form back and Mean time Captaincy looking like so heavy for him.But guess If Dhoni won't Play then Yuvi has to do this job.doesn't matter he like it or not.
But There is no news anywhere that Dhoni not gonna play so Just This is not matter to discuss.
Enough days for dhoni to recover.

Nah, Robin gave up the gloves some time ago. Karthik is fresh off a good hundred in the 50 over format so shush you!

Is Dhoni's injury really serious?

I guess he might be fine before the next game against Australia coming Sunday. He has time to recover.

Ya and you saying it right.Honestly i don't know about Kartik But they Must give Tiwary a chance.Why the hell they brought him here?I am not Rating Uthappa as a bad player.But It won't affect the result of the match if you bring Tawary in place of Uthppa for one Match.
Also Little bit Harsh but they should try Piyush Chawla in one of the Match.and Anyway Harbhajan not doing anything Great there.

Its not all about wickets. Harbhajan has transformed into a defensive sort of bowler who picks up wickets if the batsmen make mistakes and/or if the batsman gets frustrated. His wickets column could go bare at times, but he is a restrictive type of bowler and doesnt give runs away easily. He can be useful if used properly in the ODI's. He is an asset in T20's

I would still give Robin one more chance if Sehwag can't play though, and I agree, I'd replace Harbhajan with Chawla, but I'm not 100% on that one, I'm always biased against Harbhajan.

Spot on! Robin needs chances just like Yuvraj. He is a promising player. He hasnt got a lot of batting to do in this series so far. Give him time in the middle and then judge him, I would say. He is a brilliant fielder too and a very aggressive personality.

Sehwag is not our VC.Yuvi is and I think He is also a good Leader.
But i don't think Dhoni won't play.He was not Injured that serious.and Also he has good long gape to recover.

Yep. Dhoni will play. I also want him to play. When Sachin and the top order is not yet clicking big, I want Dhoni and Yuvraj to take care of the batting in the middle order. Yuvi is getting back to form, and Dhoni is in form. Dhoni has been accquiring very good experience as captain, and his decisions are getting better. He is learning well.

Last edited:
Dhonis injury is not that serious. It was dry heat in Adelaide which caused cramps and the injury looked more worse than it actually is. He has got time to relax his body before Sundays match.

Yuvraj Singh as a captain is receipe for disaster. Tendulkar can do the job well. Or even more thrilling will be to see Sehwag do it cos hes best after Dhoni. Anyways I still dont think Dhoni does that good job but he has become more responsible player after becoming captain.

Piyush Chawla will get game only if Aussie fans decide to kidnap Harbhajan Singh. He is our death bowler here and you dont replace death bowlers easily no matter if he does not take wickets.

Gautam Gambhir as an openor is not doing well. Maybe sending Robin Utthappa would not be bad idea. Also get Dadaji out of lineup and bring back Sehwag who should bat at number 3 or number 6 for some experimentation.

Dhonis injury is not that serious. It was dry heat in Adelaide which caused cramps and the injury looked more worse than it actually is. He has got time to relax his body before Sundays match.

Yuvraj Singh as a captain is receipe for disaster. Tendulkar can do the job well. Or even more thrilling will be to see Sehwag do it cos hes best after Dhoni. Anyways I still dont think Dhoni does that good job but he has become more responsible player after becoming captain.

Piyush Chawla will get game only if Aussie fans decide to kidnap Harbhajan Singh. He is our death bowler here and you dont replace death bowlers easily no matter if he does not take wickets.

Gautam Gambhir as an openor is not doing well. Maybe sending Robin Utthappa would not be bad idea. Also get Dadaji out of lineup and bring back Sehwag who should bat at number 3 or number 6 for some experimentation.

Yes time comes.Now i need to Argu with Sid:p.lol..
Dhoni droped Sehwag for last two Matches.He is already Strugling with his form.And you want him to do captaincy.Thats not great idea dear.If he will be playing then first he will be under pressure to make some runs.And adding into that he won't be pleasant to attain Captaincy.Other point,Yuvi is our VC and he won't be Please If he has to play under Sehwag captaincy.
and If Sehwag is playing,He must open the Ininng.He is waste at 3 or 6.
And ya about Dadaji:Me and Hindustani are always agree with that.:p

Yeah Sehwag has been crap in ODI for long. But frankly Yuvi will never mind if he captains ahead of him. What he will be more worried right now is how Dhoni got 6 crore IPL contract? He was worth equal to him.

Actally sid,These IPL thing has been crap.How can you rate or bid Agarkar and McGrath same?How Ishant Sharma getting More rated or more money than McGrath?
Anyway I don't care.I am not going to see that IPL.Or more proper It'll be black out for me.I don't have any channel here which gonna telecast IPL.

Although @contract-You Know even you can't rate Dhoni and Yuvi also same.Yuvi is far better than Dhoni.Not by Current form but as far as cricket or cricketing sense is concerned.

What he will be more worried right now is how Dhoni got 6 crore IPL contract? He was worth equal to him.
That's just the complexities of the selection process. Dhoni was bid for, while Yuvraj was an icon player. Dhoni's price represents the interest level in a popular and marketable figure, as well as a dual-skilled player. Obviously, there was a lot of demand. Other teams could not bid for Yuvraj, so there was no demand forcing the price up. Nevertheless, he is guaranteed 15% more than Pathan's $925,000, which is well over a million US dollars. Nevertheless, it might have been a bit of a bargain. Similarly, VVS Laxman cancelled his icon status knowing there would be limited demand and thus he saved his club having to pay him a million.

With Dhoni's injury Karthik might get to keep, which would also be awesome.

But i guess Karthik will have to play because no one else keeps in the squad except Uthappa and he's porbably a bit rusty behind the stumps...

Uthappa will only keep in case Kaarthik is injured-God forbid.
I really would'nt mind trying out KKD in the team as Dhoni has been really struggling in the last two games.

Ya and you saying it right.Honestly i don't know about Kartik But they Must give Tiwary a chance.Why the hell they brought him here?I am not Rating Uthappa as a bad player.But It won't affect the result of the match if you bring Tawary in place of Uthppa for one Match.
Also Little bit Harsh but they should try Piyush Chawla in one of the Match.and Anyway Harbhajan not doing anything Great there.

The management has brought 17 players when they should have brought only 14.So,obviously 3 are sight-seeing.
I agree with the P Chawla point,also he can bat -almost as good as Pathan.

Dhoni's injured? Who'll captain? Come to think of it... who is VC? It used to be Sehwag but he isn't in the line-up atm... Tendulkar?

Yuvraj Singh

I'd go in with Yuvraj.Rather Tendulkar is a recipe for disaster.Better keep him out as he might just be nearing the end of his ODI career.Also,he said explicitly in Harsha Unplugged that he was not interested in captaining the side again.

If not Yuvraj,well there is Pathan,Sehwag[subject to his place] or even try out Gautam Gambhir.

Actally sid,These IPL thing has been crap.How can you rate or bid Agarkar and McGrath same?How Ishant Sharma getting More rated or more money than McGrath?

Although @contract-You Know even you can't rate Dhoni and Yuvi also same.Yuvi is far better than Dhoni.Not by Current form but as far as cricket or cricketing sense is concerned.
The other thing is with the rules. I know they're sketchy at the moment, but as I understand there is a limit on how many internationals can play in a match. Thus, each team will have to field a number of Indian players; this makes the best Indians worth a premium. There is also a requirement to pick under-22 players, this makes Ishant Sharma worth yet more.

Ya May be thats the matter.But still it doesn't make me any sense.
Anyway so Do or Die for Srilanka.B Lee has been rested against.
But I don't see Aussis gonna get any problem there.There will be Comfortable win for them.
if srilanka want to make any Impact then Jayasuriya and Sangakara need to Blast..
Hope Aussis will bat first tomorrow.We don't have 300+ in the series.And tomorrow I am hoping for it.

The other thing is with the rules. I know they're sketchy at the moment, but as I understand there is a limit on how many internationals can play in a match. Thus, each team will have to field a number of Indian players; this makes the best Indians worth a premium. There is also a requirement to pick under-22 players, this makes Ishant Sharma worth yet more.

Ishant Sharma does not get into that "Under-22" category restriction that IPL and the BCCI have put. International Indian players are totally different from that "Under-22" group which you're talking about. Ishant is now an international Indian player, and he does not count as an Under-22 player that you need to get from the catchment aread.

@vaibhav: didnt you already say it once in the other thread that you're not going to watch the IPL? do you think saying it again and again is going to make the IPL worse in other's eyes? repeatedly saying it in different threads amounts to "trying to influence the perceptions of other people"

Sorry for that.I just wrote about tomorrow's match.between Aus vs Sri.I am trying to get on topic of the thread.I was just giving the answer to Angryangy.
Why you making it to personal?Poor me i don' care.I can't watch IPL because i don't have any channels which gonna broadcast it.I am not Anti IPL?It was just my review.So if you don't like people reviews then you'll spread them Negative Reps??I don't care about Reps But i didn't deserve that.Anyway i am giving you positive rep because Neither i argu with people nor i fight with them.All here are smarter than me..Nowhere in the rules of this forum is written that you can't repeat your point although i am not repeating it.
Anyway Sorry again..:(

Dhoni's injury is not serious now, but it's not worth the risk of it getting worse. If there is the tiniest of risks, then I'd let KKD keep.

Dhoni's injury is not serious now, but it's not worth the risk of it getting worse. If there is the tiniest of risks, then I'd let KKD keep.

Just a thought, if KKD keeped brilliantly behinf the stumps and made a quickfire hundred, would that in any way put Dhoni place in the team at doubt? :what

Sorry for that.I just wrote about tomorrow's match.between Aus vs Sri.I am trying to get on topic of the thread.I was just giving the answer to Angryangy.
Why you making it to personal?Poor me i don' care.I can't watch IPL because i don't have any channels which gonna broadcast it.I am not Anti IPL?It was just my review.So if you don't like people reviews then you'll spread them Negative Reps??I don't care about Reps But i didn't deserve that.Anyway i am giving you positive rep because Neither i argu with people nor i fight with them.All here are smarter than me..Nowhere in the rules of this forum is written that you can't repeat your point although i am not repeating it.
Anyway Sorry again..:(

You felt you didnt deserve that. That post was such that it could have positive takers and critics.

Anyways, end of topic... Hope India enter the finals. That would be a much much better fight for the CB series than an Australia-Sri Lanka final.

Just a thought, if KKD keeped brilliantly behinf the stumps and made a quickfire hundred, would that in any way put Dhoni place in the team at doubt? :what

The way Dhoni went for Rs 6 crores, he has his place secured in the Indian team for a long time:p. But what has he done in this series to be dropped just because Karthik made a hundred in one match? Dhoni has been India's top scorer with 260 runs at an average of 89 odd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread