Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Just a thought, if KKD keeped brilliantly behinf the stumps and made a quickfire hundred, would that in any way put Dhoni place in the team at doubt? :what

No chance.Dhoni is future of indian cricket.and He proved lot by his recent Performances.Dhoni was dehydrated due to dry heat.And Rehydration hardly takes 6 hours.so he'll be fit for Sunday.
And KKD gonna make quickfire hundred!Don't say that to Mob but its not possible.lol..:p
Ya mob i can see,you coming on me.lol..:p:

I'd say we rest Dhoni to make sure he's fit for the rest of the series--only if it can potentially become a serious injury. There's no point carrying Karthik around--he's been in Australia long enough to get all the sight-seeing done.

lol..Ya he must had enough sight-seeing done.But I just saw in the news.He is fine and gonna play on Sunday.
Actually Mob had send KKD for backup of Dhoni.:p

Besides, Dhoni's keeping has been awesome. In terms of pure keeping, he may be in with a good shout of being the best keeper in world cricket at the moment.

Besides, Dhoni's keeping has been awesome. In terms of pure keeping, he may be in with a good shout of being the best keeper in world cricket at the moment.

I disagree. I'd say myself that in ODI's (in no order) Boucher, McCullum, Sangakkara and Gilchrist are all better. In tests that list goes to two as two no longer keep/play in tests.

Fair enough you have your oinion though. I can't imagine Dhoni holding some of the amazing catches i've seen recently, from Gilchrist and McCullum especially.

Last edited:
We need some real solidity in that middle order. We have waay too many attacking players, and Dhoni and Pathan aren't going to perform everytime.
Dinesh is the perfect candidate for the role. Here's a sample lineup:

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Ghambir
Yuvraj
Karthik
Tiwary
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Ishant
Fast bowler

If we want to play five bowlers, we drop Tiwary (:() and everyone moves up a spot.

I disagree. I'd say myself that in ODI's (in no order) Boucher, McCullum, Sangakkara and Gilchrist are all better. In tests that list goes to two as two no longer keep/play in tests.

Fair enough you have your oinion though. I can't imagine Dhoni holding some of the amazing catches i've seen recently, from Gilchrist and McCullum especially.

I personally think Mccullum is a goal keeper type keeper. His catching isn't sound but his dives to save 4 wides or leg byes are always awesome to watch and Gilly has been in terrible form recently and Sanga hasn't been keeping in tests. But the difference is that they've been doing it for years so a slump is always going to come and it happens to be now. Boucher to me is the best but then again i rarely see him and when i do he does well. At the moment Dhoni is on top in terms of form but give it a few years and all the players you mentioned will probably outrank him (alteast gilly and sanga will). lol to those who think Sharma is the number one bowler. He's our Dale Steyn at the moment... has to show consistency.

Gilly has been in terrible form recently.

What about that catch that dissmised Munaf Patel for the last wicket in Adelaide. I don't care what you say that was a good catch. I know one catch doesn't trun around everything but let's hope it does for the last few games.

I guess it's kind of the same that I don't see Gilchrist or McCullum (especially the latter) pulling off some off the amazing stumpings that Dhoni has this Aussie summer.

What about that catch that dissmised Munaf Patel for the last wicket in Adelaide. I don't care what you say that was a good catch. I know one catch doesn't trun around everything but let's hope it does for the last few games.
Gilly's a great keeper and probably my best bet for best keeper in the world at the moment. However, he's getting old and his reflexes are getting slower so he's probably retiring at the right time.

Last edited:
I agree that Dhoni does pull off fantastic stumpings. He can take balls down the leg side and whip off the bails in a second. He rarely misses a trick.

Yet, his work behind the stumps, although, very tidy isn't quite as good as Boucher's or McCullum's. I'll include Gilchrist as I believe he is the best of the bunch even though he has made a few mistakes recently.

I agree that Dhoni does pull off fantastic stumpings. He can take balls down the leg side and whip off the bails in a second. He rarely misses a trick.

Yet, his work behind the stumps, although, very tidy isn't quite as good as Boucher's or McCullum's. I'll include Gilchrist as I believe he is the best of the bunch even though he has made a few mistakes recently.
I haven't seen enough of Boucher or McCullum, but I wouldn't doubt that they are better overall keepers. If Dhoni keeps on improving at the rate he has, he'll be knocking on their doors fairly soon, though. Just a couple of years back he was in the team purely for his batting--I think he could make it purely for his keeping at the moment.

I guess it's kind of the same that I don't see Gilchrist or McCullum (especially the latter) pulling off some off the amazing stumpings that Dhoni has this Aussie summer.

Fair call. I must say, Dhoni did impress me a lot. I really think his keeping has improved a hell of a lot. I'm not saying he's bad by any means. I just feel the standard of keepers these days is pretty high. It's hard to separate them.

Dhoni would get more stumping chances then the likes of McCullum, Boucher and Gilchrist (currently, now that Warne retired) as they don't keep to spinners as frequently.

Gilly has been a little poor this series with the gloves. During one of the games they showed a classic catch against us in the Twenty/20 which was pretty impressive. Stretching full stretch upwards and parrying the ball behind and diving backwards.

I personally think Mccullum is a goal keeper type keeper. His catching isn't sound but his dives to save 4 wides or leg byes are always awesome to watch and Gilly has been in terrible form recently and Sanga hasn't been keeping in tests. But the difference is that they've been doing it for years so a slump is always going to come and it happens to be now. Boucher to me is the best but then again i rarely see him and when i do he does well. At the moment Dhoni is on top in terms of form but give it a few years and all the players you mentioned will probably outrank him (alteast gilly and sanga will). lol to those who think Sharma is the number one bowler. He's our Dale Steyn at the moment... has to show consistency.

Fair points, well said.

Last edited:
Aussis gonna have Bay first.I am waiting for 300+ from so many days.Hope we'll see it today.go Gilly..

Either it's a slow pitch or that's just Vaas' bowling.

Looks pretty slow. I reckon SL were better off batting. Making use of it, it can only get worse, plus the Aussies perfer putting runs on the board. The square looks terrible. I've never seen one look that bad before.

Users who are viewing this thread