Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

If I was selecting the Indian side, i'd probably go with

Sehwag
Gambhir
Tendulkar
R Sharma
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbijhan
Sreesanth
Sharma
Munaf

It has people in the right places. Best batter at 3, powerful batters later on in the order. Aggressive openers.

Uthappa looks like he isn't ready. And batting him at 7 is a waste of a player anyway.

Last edited:
Its not looking like good for india?If tendulkar won't get form soon then Its over for INDIA.Young blood can put india close to victiory but they can't finish the match.Damnnn we need DRAVID here.

Its not looking like good for india?If tendulkar won't get form soon then Its over for INDIA.Young blood can put india close to victiory but they can't finish the match.Damnnn we need DRAVID here.

he is in prime form.he got starts in all the matches untill his wicket was robbed yesterday

Ya dear but he needs 100.you can't say he is in prime form.rather i'll say he is in good touch.but i strongly expect 100 from him tomorrow against srilanka.go sachin go....

Somebody should throw Munaf Patel on Sreesanth in fielding prcatice so that both of them do not play. People say Munaf Patel is there to bowl and get wickets. Then I'll say why drop Dravid and Ganguly. They were there to make runs and they did that.

great point sid

fielding is a bonus
If you have 2 guys equally talented at batting u go with the guy who can field best.
you dont pick a guy because hes a good fielder but not as good at batting

We have a guy here called mark cosgrove he was in awesome form a year or so ago but they just didnt want to pick him because he is overweight an slow.

Also our selectors werent going to give jaques the opening batsmen job because they thoughy his fielding wasnt good enough even though he was clearly the most inform opener an showed so much talent.

Pick your batsmen on batting ability first then if u have some equally talented an need to choose go with the one who is a great fielder.
Ganguly is clearly better than his replacements an should be in the team.
Dravid no he scores too slow

great point sid

fielding is a bonus
If you have 2 guys equally talented at batting u go with the guy who can field best.
you dont pick a guy because hes a good fielder but not as good at batting

We have a guy here called mark cosgrove he was in awesome form a year or so ago but they just didnt want to pick him because he is overweight an slow.

Also our selectors werent going to give jaques the opening batsmen job because they thoughy his fielding wasnt good enough even though he was clearly the most inform opener an showed so much talent.

Pick your batsmen on batting ability first then if u have some equally talented an need to choose go with the one who is a great fielder.
Ganguly is clearly better than his replacements an should be in the team.
Dravid no he scores too slow

Fielding is very important in ODI cricket now and India really need young players to help the fielding standards. Runs should come first but fielding and youth in the team is what India need. You have to give the young players a chance since they have only played a limited amount of games.

he is in prime form.he got starts in all the matches untill his wicket was robbed yesterday

:rolleyes: Whether or not hawkeye said it was going over the fact remained it looked dead plumb from a front on perspective. You know, occasionally the great Sachin does play a bad shot and gets beaten by good bowling.

gambino said:
i've just seen the symonds bump catch vs lanka video

really shouldnt have appealed there,

dunno why it wasnt referred to 3rd umpire

For god sake, it was a bloody catch. His fingers were wrapped under the ball which at no stage contacted the ground. It wasn't referred to the third umpire because anyone with decent sight could see it was out.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Whether or not hawkeye said it was going over the fact remained it looked dead plumb from a front on perspective. You know, occasionally the great Sachin does play a bad shot and gets beaten by good bowling.

For god sake, it was a bloody catch. His fingers were wrapped under the ball which at no stage contacted the ground. It wasn't referred to the third umpire because anyone with decent sight could see it was out.

I agree, you also have to take into account that as the umpire, Sachin's height is vital for a decision like that. Sachin is a tiny bloke. A lot of stuff that hits him halfway up the pads, and on the knee roll will hit the stumps wherever it won't off a man of more 'normal, average' height.

Why don't you have another look at it, but why don't you take off your massively tinted Indian sunnies off this time around. Maybe you will see something for once. He was out, lets move on.

Hate channel 9 not showing the match, it's going to be on foxtel :mad:

[QUOTE by CA general manager public affairs Peter Young said]
However Young denied that the viewing rights of Australian cricket watchers were being impinged by the decision.

"We have a very strong commitment to games being as accessible to as many Australians as possible," he said. [/QUOTE]

my ass, as almost everyone has free to air you dip!@#$

Too True, Besides if he didnt have control then it would have popped straight bloody out again!

If I was selecting the Indian side, i'd probably go with

Sehwag
Gambhir
Tendulkar
R Sharma
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbijhan
Sreesanth
Sharma
Munaf

It has people in the right places. Best batter at 3, powerful batters later on in the order. Aggressive openers.

Uthappa looks like he isn't ready. And batting him at 7 is a waste of a player anyway.

My first post in this forum, but anyway i would have to disagree with the team you've put up there.

Why you would take Tendulkar out of the opening slot, really beats the hell out of me. He is the best batsmen opening the bat in OD's so he should always be there IMO.

Uthappa is a good batsmen, i wouldn't fancy him opening the batting although he is a natural opener but he is a good finisher of the innings, the pressure got to him in the last match but i am sure he will come good in the future matches.

On the note of players coming good, i can see Yuvraj making a huge impact in the upcoming game against Sri Lanka, seems to me that he has found his feet which is very important.

Last edited:
Should be a great game tommorow. I can't split them. Sri Lanka and India have both lost badly and won well. But i will have to say India. purely because of there bowling line up. Pathan and sharma in great form with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread