Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

That wicket of Clarke was good change of pace from Yadav.

Early signs of Forrest tells me that he could be a big force in the subcontinent against spin bowling.

So what's Yadav's average against Clarke now? 400? 500? Yeah kid's bowled well though.

Typical Hussey. Big premeditated push at it.

Umesh Yadav is bowling at good pace and accuracy. I hope he doesn't become the next Munaf Patel of Indian cricket.

Haven't seen Duss play this well so consistently. Usually he makes starts but takes up balls. This series he's been doing what his brother does.

----------

Well played Forrest, probably booked himself a trip to the Caribbean.

Quality knock Forrest! Now let the bat go and get a few runs on the board.

Has a pull shot of sorts, not all that convincing though. Would like to see him get another go with teams now targeting his body.

Christian has no trouble making runs without managing to find the middle on anything. If he starts to hit them, it'll be quite scary.

----------

Or he could dawdle on a quick second and get run out

India bowled really well in the death overs i was expecting Ausralia to score at least 280 but i think Australia will feel that they are 10,15 runs short

Pretty slow finish after pushing 5 rpo the whole innings. Nine garbled on about the balls being helpful to batsmen in good batting conditions, but it hardly seems to have impeded the bowlers.

Vinay Kumar's figures were pretty good after 4 over for 29; a good showing of fortitude if not consistency. However, Yadav was the pick of the bowlers. Zaheer Khan had a good innings, but a quiet one. Ashwin on the other hand just keeps finding friends. They fielded well again, but strangely seemed to save more runs on the shorter square ropes than the long straight ones.

You do sometimes get dull finishes on pitches which are flat but slow, the batsmen crisp against the new ball and comfortable to bat long innings for 5-6 an over, but unable to really lift the ball later on. Teams have generally chased well at Adelaide during the domestic season, but the pitches are usually much more difficult early on. This is a much drier pitch, so slowing is a possibility. If the pitch is slowing down, maybe it is defensible, but then again, maybe conditions are just right for the tourists.

Wade looked pretty average trying to hit that innings.

Just wasn't Wade's day with the bat, those days happen. Even Christian was struggling with the timing, was a shame he got run out though as I was hoping he would start timing them.

Users who are viewing this thread