Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

If Gambhir had said that, it would have screamed across news headlines across the world and would have been HUGE talking news for days after the day he said it. But nothing of that sort happened, which suggests that Fox Sports is trying to manipulate Gambhir's statements and make it sound as if he is targetting Tendulkar in a bad way. Gambhir did say we should have finished the game earlier in the 48th over or so, but still he didn't target Dhoni specifically. He was also responsible for getting out at the wrong time and not taking the innings farther by himself.

true that. I didn't realise it was taken out of context.

On the tied game yesterday, on a brighter note....whenever a Dhoni led team has had a tied game in the league stages...he has gone onto lift the trophy :D

So, March first week....all of you watch Dhoni holding aloft the trophy :thumbs while the opponents ;) have a depressed look on their faces..... :D

On the tied game yesterday, on a brighter note....whenever a Dhoni led team has had a tied game in the league stages...he has gone onto lift the trophy :D

So, March first week....all of you watch Dhoni holding aloft the trophy :thumbs while the opponents ;) have a depressed look on their faces..... :D

Yeah, I too noticed that.

India v Pakistan, ICC World T20, Durban, 2007: Match Tied.
Tournament result: India win.

Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab, IPL, Chennai, 2010: Match tied.
Tournament Result: Chennai Super Kings win.

Victoria Bushrangers v Chennai Super Kings, CLT20, Port Elizabeth, 2010: Match tied.
Tournament result: Chennai Super Kings win.

India v England, ICC Cricket World Cup, Bangalore, 2011: Match tied.
Tournament Result: India win.

If you see above, you can notice that there is something with Dhoni, whenever he is captain and his team ties a game in a 'tournament', his team will win that particular tournament.

Latest:
India v Sri Lanka, CB Series, Adelaide, 2012: Match tied.
Tournament result: :D :D Obvious :D :D

Who the hell is holland? What's with the selectors bringing in no names...

PUT IN O'Keefe.

Selectors were obviously watching Vic vs SA the other week. Cracking spell of spin bowling. In general it's pretty amazing to see any sort of bowler take 6 wickets in a one dayer.

Holland has played international cricket for Australia before, however I think he is jumping the cue a bit. O'Keefe would be my first choice however I think the selectors are trying to break the tradition of the Australian team only being from NSW.

Dhoni always he feels he has a chance to bash the big ones and he pulls off some amazing ones. Cannot work all the time, but ODI cricket is chancy in any case. A well set pair can easily be dismissed in the space of a couple of overs and the match can change. So Dhoni's policy of trying to bat out 50 overs is a good tactic. Not many modern cricketers follow that principle.

A tie was a good result for India, considering how well the Sri Lankans bowled towards the end. That no-ball six for Pathan was the big factor, as was Ashwin's short sharp innings.

why cant Dhoni & team management play 7 regular batsmen with Ashwin coming at 8....why is he hell bent on playing Jadeja...?
It is beyond me why he prefers Jadeja over likes of Yusuf Pathan/Robin Uthappa or Irfan Pathan ?
the number 7 is very important position in any ODI team...why is he forgetting that just 10 months back India won a World Cup playing 7 regular batsmen with Raina coming at number 7...
India needs to play 7 regular batsmen with Manoj Tiwary at 5...Dhoni at 6...Raina at 7....Ashwin at 8....if Dhoni wants to play 5th bowler...he should let Irfan Pathan do the job at number 7 & not Jadeja...

Indian Team should be
1. Gambhir
2. Tiwary
3. Kholi
4. Sharma
5. Dhoni
6. Raina
7. Pathan (take your pick haha)
8. Ashwin
9. Zaheer
10. Kumar (again take your pick)
11. Yadav

Selectors were obviously watching Vic vs SA the other week. Cracking spell of spin bowling. In general it's pretty amazing to see any sort of bowler take 6 wickets in a one dayer.

Krejza did it too :p Oh and Coyte so make of that as you will.

Doey retains his spot after a niggle, Hussey back for Clarke and Lee in for Harris. Won the toss and batting first, might aswell ship us the points now.

That was a painful struggle for Warner, would have to wonder if he would have survived that sort of spell in Test cricket too.

Users who are viewing this thread