Complaining about lack of modding on consoles

They are awful, doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed.

All of this. PC gaming will always win, but for the mainstream access at a decent price-point, consoles have their place.

The thing is though, the price argument seems to be the main one and it doesn't even hold much water. You don't have to spend much (if anything) more than what the PS4/XB1 cost to build a rig that will offer equivalent or superior performance to them... Add to this the absence of subscription fees for an online service and the huge difference in price between the games (new console games are often £50+) and within 2 or 3 years you have already spent much less than you would have on console... Which you could spend on buying a better rig initially to get even better performance.

Consoles, especially this generation, are truly, truly shitty.

They may be popular, but that is no barometer of quality... More people in the UK have watched Eastenders than have watched The Wire, doesn't mean The Wire isn't infinitely better.

wondering how smug you'll all be when DBC 15/16 doesn't even come out on PC because of piracy?
And I fully expect that I'll claim the superiority of the PC for gaming right up until I'm walking out of the store with my new PS4 and copy of DBC16, all while saying I'd not get the game because it wasn't on PC.

wondering how smug you'll all be when DBC 15/16 doesn't even come out on PC because of piracy?

I, much like Big Ant, have a middle finger, and the ability to use it. If that is the route they go down they may see the community involvement they've worked so hard to build blow up in their faces quite badly. It takes years to build good will with a customer base, hitting your paying customers hard in the face chasing pirates is still no excuse for hitting their customers hard in the face.[DOUBLEPOST=1407490052][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use my console because it's conveniently situated in my lounge under my TV.

That's exactly where the computer I am on now is... well, in my house of course.[DOUBLEPOST=1407490180][/DOUBLEPOST]
They may be popular, but that is no barometer of quality... More people in the UK have watched Eastenders than have watched The Wire, doesn't mean The Wire isn't infinitely better.

The daily peak of people online on steam is higher than the number of people who own a Xbone.

I, much like Big Ant, have a middle finger, and the ability to use it. If that is the route they go down they may see the community involvement they've worked so hard to build blow up in their faces quite badly. It takes years to build good will with a customer base, hitting your paying customers hard in the face chasing pirates is still no excuse for hitting their customers hard in the face.

Your continuing inability to understand the economics of a console release vs PC release to a developer is staggering.

The daily peak of people online on steam is higher than the number of people who own a Xbone.

That number doesnt mean a lot to be fair. I have steam and im online whenever my pc is on, when it comes to actually playing games though, my PC only really accounts for about 5% of my time.
My consoles have always owned the lions share of my gaming time

That's true but my computer is quite large and situated in my spare room/office. I wouldn't imaging many people have their desktop PCs in their lounge.
True, but you could probably build another PC especially for gaming and it would work out cheaper in the long term than getting a PS4 or Xbox One. Or you could get a cheap PC for work etc for your office and upgrade your current one for the living room.

I like gaming on my 22" LED monitor because it has great pixel density and colour quality but if I did want to game on a TV, I would rather pick up the PC, take it into the living room and plug it in next to the TV every time than ever have to game on a console again! :p

I, much like Big Ant, have a middle finger, and the ability to use it. If that is the route they go down they may see the community involvement they've worked so hard to build blow up in their faces quite badly. It takes years to build good will with a customer base, hitting your paying customers hard in the face chasing pirates is still no excuse for hitting their customers hard in the face.
This is not BA doing some campaign against piracy, they are just trying to get as many copies sold as possible to make it worth the investment and time they have put into getting a PC release out , that many of the big fishes themselves seem reluctant to do.

If Bigant cut out the future PC version due to poor PC sales(aided by piracy ofcourse) its not them showing a Middle finger but just a logical step to keep their business afloat, when you cant get the return on your investment why would you go on to do it.

reason multiplayer f2p, and a whole lot of stuff like that. Generalized data like that are used to fool people to stuff. Hard gaming hours spent by people on consoles will always far outweigh PC. Also Xbone is the least selling console as of now i think.

Steam is certainly spreading fast but it still has a lot of miles to cover till it reaches the console gaming in terms of scale.

Forget piracy. It's not about piracy. It's about sports games generally just selling poorly on PC. As has been the case forever.

Users who are viewing this thread