Cricket 19 General Discussion

My experience, and it's only from this game, has been that we are listened to. But the realities of game development mean that things have to be prioritised and some things cannot be done. That's not a surprise to me and something I expected going into it. Matt has been great as far as I'm concerned getting feedback from us, not to mention all the public feedback. Likewise with the devs, at times we've asked for something and got it way quicker than expected. I've seen nothing to suggest there isn't full commitment to producing the best game possible. I thought it at release, and I still think it now, this is the best cricket game they've released (at this stage after the initial release).

In terms of testing and the 'game breaking issues.. the testers who play for hours a day don't notice it'. This game would not be where it's at if it wasn't for the Beta team. But, as with every game, things get missed or just don't happen until it's been released, or until an instance occurs that just hasn't happened during testing (trying to test every eventually in even at T20 is difficult because there are so many variables, let alone a full test match). That's why every game has a day one patch and every game gets patched after release. We are only human, we have lives outside of testing a game (for free). If people don't think we're doing enough they're 100% wrong.

I've said this before that the BA games started actually improving ever since the Beta Team got involved. Which is why in a post I requested BA to pay the Testers in some form. Or include Actual Beta Testers who've studied the Science behind it. The devs seemed to have very little knowledge about the Real World Cricket before the Team was formed. So the Beta Team helped bettering a lot of aspects like field settings, batsmen mentalities starting to work, the improved AI in general. But to counter it I've also noticed a certain couple of testers literally coming out with a "you're doing something wrong" comment every time someone has tried to report something. Which almost everytime gets acknowledged by the dev team as a bug (and later fixed).

And you reiterated my point about how it's difficult to recreate a certain instance in a game with different formats. That's absolutely correct. But the Ball not degrading can be checked every delivery after like 20 overs into a Test match and it'll occur every single time without fail. So it's quite recreatable. Same has been the case with multiple issues over the years.

And I do understand a thing or two about the reality of development cycles. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps they should consider removing the special delivery altogether? It might be better to just have the special delivery as a perk, so only some bowlers may have that skill. Mastery of the delivery can then correspond to the level of the perk (i.e. bronze, platinum, etc).

Dont Know If This Is A bug Or Not . The Al Fielding is not Changing After 10 overs to put 4 fielders on bounderys and After 40 overs to put 5 men on the bounderys unless i have change something i dont know Can anyone confirm please . ?

have to agree with what you've said here. This game in parts is really good, but then there are things ,either there or missing that dampens the wholesome enjoyment factor. At the moment for me is lack of all forms of dismissals( yet again) as was with ashes before, namely runouts/stumpings/outfield catches. It'd be good to know from Bigant if these can or cannot be achieved for whatever reason, would prefer that than to be left in the dark.

Like I said, game can feel really good in parts, and has a lot of potential to be very good indeed, but I fear this will get abandoned soon, and another version will be announced and the whole process will start again, something I'm not a big fan of, especially if there are no real strides made from one to the next.

Are you guys joking? I’ve played all four games exhaustively and this one is so superior to previous titles. I got so frustrated with the bugs in the last game but this game is such a step up.

This game has more than “potential”. I’ve vented my frustrations, namely about the career ending bug in A17, on here before and agree that outfield catches are limited but the edges and clean bowleds are unreal. Some of the batting shots are wonderful too. Before we consider the theatre.

I’m not a full on Career Mode person. I enjoy customising and playing as England in custom leagues. There’s real context and longevity to the game. I’m not sure what other people do with the game but the customisation is unparalleled. That said, Career is still an enjoyable mode to play on occasions.

I appreciate what the original poster said, “it’s close”. Yes it’s not perfect (Player double stats bug in Academy) but it’s far closer than the last two so I don’t agree with saying all titles since DBC14 have regressed because this is certainly progression on many levels.

We’ve already had numerous patches but they haven’t set us back like previous versions. They’ve been small tweaks that given the original state of the game haven’t been overly noticed.

I’d lost faith in Big Ant, had huge trepidation about this offering but I’m a believer once again!
Hope you guys get enjoyment out of the game.
I appreciate your angles and I’ll criticise the game where merited but I think they’ve/it’s come a long way.

Are you guys joking? I’ve played all four games exhaustively and this one is so superior to previous titles. I got so frustrated with the bugs in the last game but this game is such a step up.

This game has more than “potential”. I’ve vented my frustrations, namely about the career ending bug in A17, on here before and agree that outfield catches are limited but the edges and clean bowleds are unreal. Some of the batting shots are wonderful too. Before we consider the theatre.

I’m not a full on Career Mode person. I enjoy customising and playing as England in custom leagues. There’s real context and longevity to the game. I’m not sure what other people do with the game but the customisation is unparalleled. That said, Career is still an enjoyable mode to play on occasions.

I appreciate what the original poster said, “it’s close”. Yes it’s not perfect (Player double stats bug in Academy) but it’s far closer than the last two so I don’t agree with saying all titles since DBC14 have regressed because this is certainly progression on many levels.

We’ve already had numerous patches but they haven’t set us back like previous versions. They’ve been small tweaks that given the original state of the game haven’t been overly noticed.

I’d lost faith in Big Ant, had huge trepidation about this offering but I’m a believer once again!
I appreciate your angles and I’ll criticise the game where merited but I think they’ve/it’s come a long way.

Agree 100%

There's no denying the game is already a very enjoyable cricket game, probably the best around. The frustrating thing is that there are a number of issues (lack of run outs, lack of stumpings, lack of outfield catches, overpowered wicketkeepers, stamina issues or lack of, injuries, incorrect d/l scores, to name my main gripes) all which have been in the game or implemented correctly at one stage; that have been patched out subsequently or broken. These should be a relatively simple fix and the resulting issues arereally immersion breaking and detract from my enjoyment of the game. Hopefully a major patch could fix this - it would be good to know these are being looked at.

There's no denying the game is already a very enjoyable cricket game, probably the best around. The frustrating thing is that there are a number of issues (lack of run outs, lack of stumpings, lack of outfield catches, overpowered wicketkeepers, stamina issues or lack of, injuries, incorrect d/l scores, to name my main gripes) all which have been in the game or implemented correctly at one stage; that have been patched out subsequently or broken. These should be a relatively simple fix and the resulting issues arereally immersion breaking and detract from my enjoyment of the game. Hopefully a major patch could fix this - it would be good to know these are being looked at.
hopefully the major patch is not too far off

Reactions: DAP

I agree that as a whole, this game is clearly better. However, I cannot conquer with the point that there aren't points of regression on each title ever since. I remember being able to pick the kind of leave I wanted to play depending on footwork in 14. That went away for some reason since. 19, as I've said on numerous occasions, is missing things that were there in Ashes like proper leg-side shot animations, being able to sweep behind square and playing advance shots to midwicket or anywhere on the leg side in front of square. These things have inexplicable disappeared. The reality is that this title was advertised as the 'next best thing' since sliced bread, or at least since 14, and it just feels like a repackaged Ashes, for me personally. There are many more points of regression, but I do not want to get into that because it's not productive I suppose. I just hopes that moving forward, they at least sort out elementary cricket things as I've said. Surely aesthetics should come after batting, bowling and fielding.

EDIT: For me personally, I thought, it was either second to last or the one before that, patch in Ashes that was closer to perfect than anything else I've played before. It was very disappointing when that was patched as the game probably regressed a bit for me personally.

I've noticed some of the preset fields are missing now like fields under the prevent boundaries and death overs category, very annoying because I use to use those fields often so now have to manually change the field.

With the field settings, I'm not getting whats going on , where it tells me something about invalid field selected and reverting back to something etc, and it goes and changes the field to some dumb setting. Its extremely annoying, when I've set a field and for some reason at times its does this stupid thing . Not even sure when and why it happens.

With the field settings, I'm not getting whats going on , where it tells me something about invalid field selected and reverting back to something etc, and it goes and changes the field to some dumb setting. Its extremely annoying, when I've set a field and for some reason at times its does this stupid thing . Not even sure when and why it happens.
u have to go to match design over there u have to set how many fielders can be out of circle because some of the default match type have only three players outside the circle even after the powerplay ends so u have to create a new match type and set numbers of fielder accordingly i hope it make sense.

WHY RUN OUT IS SO DIFFICULT IN THIS GAME?...WE CAN EASILY TAKE SINGLE EVEN INSIDE THE INNER CIRCLE

No perks...

Fabian Allen is the same. No perks (I have edited), and no special delivery. Bowls half his balls as a left arm Chinaman.

What worries me more than this is that again the sliders do nothing, and just average out into a general player "skill".

I've seen them bowl their stock balls, but it's only about half the time, like in all other BA titles.

I have had the same experience with the Perks, and have attributed it to being just superficial.

Ive set up my Fast Bowlers for example very differently , yet cannot distinguish between them when they are bowling.

I have an Opener Batsman that`s supposed to come out full of Confidence , yet is still in the red and takes as long as his partner to get more confidence.

Bowlers having alot of extra Speed perks etc. but then still bowling the same.

All eye blind at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread