Cricket 22 Bug Report Thread (Read first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Platform: Xbox One X
Game Version: v0.1.1131
Game Mode: Ashes or England County Cup.
Match Type: Test or first class.
Teams used: Australia, England, England county teams.
Ground: Any
Over count: Any

Issue: Lights are incorrectly coming on for English red ball matches later in the day.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Platform: Xbox One X
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: Club
Teams used: Any
Ground: Any
Over Count: All

Issue: Offside forward defence bug is present in career mode. (EDIT:. IS present when facing fast bowlers too but it's aggravated by certain bowling actions.) When attempting an offside forward defence the game automatically defends an onside/leg stump line only & an offside defence is impossible.

Description:. I've been so sick of the ongoing unplayable nature of the Xbox release & no fix that I've barely been bothering to even look at it again until someone steps up & makes this mess right. However, I've just done an additional trial of some career mode matches to discover that the broken forward defence bug introduced in certain patches for other platforms has actually been present since day one for Xbox :(. This bug isn't apparently present in other game modes such as an Ashes series or English County Cup though.

The ramifications of this oversight are painfully obvious especially for the longer format, so that's another game breaking mode to add to the list. The hits just keep on coming & I just can't see any way that BA could have innocently missed so many obvious bugs pre-release :(. At least the earlier frustration is gone but I've now reached absolute disgust at the pure arrogance it takes to knowingly dump such a fundamentally broken product on a premium paying and/or long term fan base :(!!

Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Platform: PS4
Game Version: v0.1.1316
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: Following debut Club T20
Teams Used: Leeds (Playing just as me) away to Carlisle
Ground: Carlisle's Home Ground but then presumably Leeds' nets
Over Count: Following debut Club T20
Issue: Net drill not working
Bug description (detail): The bowler performed an elaborate skippy run up (That may just be his run up) but never released the ball. Every time he got to release stage, it just didn't happen and he returned to his mark. I had to exit the nets. Not yet gone any further to see if happens again.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Platform: PS5
Game Version: v1.08(Latest Patch)
Game Mode: Play Now
Match Type: TEST
Teams used: Eng(User) v NZ(AI)
Ground: Lords
Over Count: 16
Issue: For the whole over ball became invisible
Bug description: When I was batting in 16th over against NZ bowlers the ball suddenly became invisible and I had to play just with the idea of pitch marker and the length indicator.This happened for 2 overs straight and then automatically got fixed by itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_021919_1.jpg
    IMG_20211210_021919_1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211210_021952_1.jpg
    IMG_20211210_021952_1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Game Mode: NA
Match Type: NA
Teams used: NA
Ground: NA
Over Count: NA
Issue : Game crashes when downloading community creations
Bug description: Even after the latest patch, as soon as you download any community created teams or players the game crashes.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Issue : Totally wrong face of a Licensed Player
Bug description: I dont know if this issue should be put in here or not but the faces of some Licensed players like Jack Leach and Ross Taylor are totally different from their real faces. How can Jack Leach have hair

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_000005.jpg
    IMG_20211210_000005.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Game Mode: Tutorial
Issue : Cant complete the relay throw fielding tutorial
Bug description: With the latest patch I decided to play the full tutorial. I was able to complete batting and bowling ones but when on fielding I found out that the relay throw fielding tutorial is bugged. In that tutorial you have to press "square" button on controller for relay but the batsmen always hits the ball to mid off or mid on fielder and the fielder just picks the ball up normally so even if you press "square" button nothing happens and the tutorial never gets completed.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Game Mode: Play now
Teams used: Eng(User) vs NZ(AI)
Issue : No variations in length with or without using Aftertouch feature
Bug description: When I played the Bowling tutorial of aftertouch feature on classic controls it said that aftertouch is used to control the length of a particular delivery type. So if you hold your L stick up towards 12 o clock while bowling it will help you to bowl much fuller and if you keep L stick down towards 6 o clock it will help you to shorten your length. So during the match I kept on bowling full length deliveries with "cross" button with Jimmy Anderson and tried to mix the length with aftertouch but there was literally no difference in length even when the L stick was either at 12 or 6 o clock.
I kept checking the pitch marker in the reviews settings to see where the ball was pitched and the aftertouch made no difference.
The only difference in lengths was being made by the R stick. If you push your R stick down and then up in yellow meter then the ball becomes a bit shorter and if you do it in green meter then it becomes a bit fuller.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Platform: PC
Game Version: v0.1.1338
Game Mode: Play Now
Match Type: T20 and all Matches
Teams used: Australia
Ground:
Issue:
cricket 22 leg side spinner wide ball issue
Bug description : When Ever You Give Wide Ball with Spinner to AI , AI Always Hits to wide ball instead of leave , So You can control AI With BIG BUG in cricket 22 This issue to be resolve and looked into

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Game Version: v1.000.008
Match Type: Na
Issue: After installing the latest patch, the games is not opening
Bug description: Not able to open the game , it says "Not able to open the game or app". I reinstalled the game and update. I cleaned my DVD. I restarted my PS5. Yet I am not able to open the game.

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_082135.jpg
    IMG_20211210_082135.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 7

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
Game Mode: Play now
Teams used: Eng(User) vs NZ(AI)
Issue : No variations in length with or without using Aftertouch feature
Bug description: When I played the Bowling tutorial of aftertouch feature on classic controls it said that aftertouch is used to control the length of a particular delivery type. So if you hold your L stick up towards 12 o clock while bowling it will help you to bowl much fuller and if you keep L stick down towards 6 o clock it will help you to shorten your length. So during the match I kept on bowling full length deliveries with "cross" button with Jimmy Anderson and tried to mix the length with aftertouch but there was literally no difference in length even when the L stick was either at 12 or 6 o clock.
I kept checking the pitch marker in the reviews settings to see where the ball was pitched and the aftertouch made no difference.
The only difference in lengths was being made by the R stick. If you push your R stick down and then up in yellow meter then the ball becomes a bit shorter and if you do it in green meter then it becomes a bit fuller.
I wonder how it works on Pro controls..im struggling with the after touch..I thought you held it in a direction and it affected the ball AFTER it pitched..not exactly sure how it works

ExposedCashew40

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Platform: Xbox One S
Game Mode: Academy
Teams used: Any

Issue: Can’t find some content

Bug description: When I search for @wasteyouryouth teams, it says there are no results.

menyarky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Platform: Xbox Series X
Game Version: v0.1.1132
Game Mode: Academy
Match Type: N/A
Teams used: N/A
Ground: N/A
Over Count: N/A
Issue: Game crashes when attempting to download players
Description: when downloading Teams from academy the players don't come with it. So when I've tried downloading players individually, as soon as I hit search the game crashes. This happens with all sorts of different filters e.g. gender on/off, results 20/30/40/50, user name, player name etc

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The problem is that according to their tutorial on classic controls, the aftertouch feature is only used to alter the length of the deliveries unlike cricket 19 where you did it with LB and RB on your controller. But in their game description features when they talk about this new aftertouch feature it is written that it allows the player to control the balls direction after it is bowled. So if you are talking about direction then it means it changes the line of the delivery. Its so confusing tbh. No proper clarity
I wonder how it works on Pro controls..im struggling with the after touch..I thought you held it in a direction and it affected the ball AFTER it pitched..not exactly sure how it works

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The problem is that according to their tutorial on classic controls, the aftertouch feature is only used to alter the length of the deliveries unlike cricket 19 where you did it with LB and RB on your controller. But in their game description features when they talk about this new aftertouch feature it is written that it allows the player to control the balls direction after it is bowled. So if you are talking about direction then it means it changes the line of the delivery. Its so confusing tbh. No proper clarity
Im still using LB/RB L1/R1 to change the length, it works....

Users who are viewing this thread