Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Can you say if the file formats are nominally expandable? Say someone finds a way to change the PC version of the game against your will, are they likely to be able to just add extra things and have them picked up, or will we be replacing things?

We will do our best to help.

In the past we have sent file formats, designs, and source code to those that we trust in the Mod community.

Thanks Biggs....BigAnt, will it feature in the end product though?

Are we able to swap teams between friends, without putting the teams on the server?

Are we able to swap teams between friends, without putting the teams on the server?

There is no "friends" function. All I can think of is that you would upload it and then mark/unmark them as Private whenever you want to share them.

Yup. I expected people to already have patches for CA. These people are getting too lazy...
I already have all the templates required for kits/logos/faces/accessories etc but unfortunately there is no legal method available for sharing yet as I believe TexMod is counted as illegal here.

Last edited:
Ok ill have a look...i just mean like normal mates who have CA.. u dont want the whole world to have those teams u made, just ur mate, u know?

I already have all the templates required for kits/logos/faces/accessories etc but unfortunately there is no legal method available for sharing yet as I believe TexMod is counted as illegal here.

I have no issue with mods at all. There would be no action coming from my direction.

No, I just think Sharing via TexMod is counted as illegal here on PlanetCricket because IIRC before the AC09 Mod Editor released, everyone used to create mods through TexMod but it wasn't allowed to share on PC so everyone could only preview their work at that time as long as they don't release it. It could be because of file formats of AC09, I don't really know actually..

Last edited:
That's something we'll have to look into and discuss as an admin team. I don't know much about it so I'd need to find out more information first.

We took the line with AC09 as TexMod only worked on pirated copies of the retail game, while it did work on the demo because there wasn't copy protection on the demo.

If a method of editing works on the legitimate copies of the game, you can do so.

We would only support the PC version for modification, Console versions are strictly off limits.

We will leave the data files outside of the protection systems so they can be modified without causing a security issue.

We will leave the data files outside of the protection systems so they can be modified without causing a security issue.
Any chance of it being coded to pick up files just placed in a folder, or do you expect we'd be importing and exporting from a blob file?

Users who are viewing this thread