Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

A 4 minute video is taking me 160 minutes to upload in youtube. what the hell! wondering whether it is worth it or not.

by the way matt. thanks for the software. Cost me 35 bucks (3 days of lunch) but seems like a decent one.

Last edited:
It's because the nets don't have the running controls that you have in the game itself, so it's done automatically instead of warping you back there for the next ball.

In the game itself you basically just stand there waiting for input for a few seconds before casually returning - which again is 'wrong' - but it's a choice between looking right or giving you control.

makes sense now. I think casually returning is fine.

Streaks

Here is my highest steak so far..
:):yes

Attachments

• streaks.jpg
    streaks.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 90
Went upto 82 today and missed another tweaking bouncer. Caught my arm.

Also, has anyone been able to do a drive where they just push it gently into the field? It seems that the default drive is a very powerful one. It looks absolutely superb, particularly when timed well, but I think there should be a more delicate shot between that and the block. I thought initially that was the aggressive ground shot option but I've seen some drives where the bat follows through so I think that is the aggressive option. Maybe the defensive option can be used to just poke the ball around?

Can help with this one.

The defensive trigger [R2] is analogue and depends how you press it.
If you hold the button down all the way and play a shot, it kills the ball.
However, if you press the defensive trigger only halfway, it plays that cheeky drop and run, the push bunt that is great for turning the strike. There is plenty of risk though as in real life, because your playing a half shot with a hard hands, I found you edge the ball to slips more often.

EDIT: This is what happens when I comment before reading other people's posts. Madman already got this one out.

...Lesson to be learned, kids.

Last edited:
Probably a question thats already been answered, but is CA and the nets available for MAC?

Cheers

Probably a question thats already been answered, but is CA and the nets available for MAC?

Cheers

No, unless you have Windows running on your Mac through bootcamp.

Went upto 82 today and missed another fishing bouncer. Caught my arm.

Earlier it was the wide off stump delivery, cracked it by playing it on front foot. Now this, most of the time I mistakenly hit those bouncers straight whereas the perfect knock for those kind of bouncers would be a hook/pull shot.

Here's another video (legendary without hud assists)....this time with lower graphic settings so as to minimize the lag I was facing earlier :D!! Some variety in bowling there :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is a compilation of the time I spent learning the controls. Great work by Ross and team. Also sincere thanks to all the fellow PC members who pestered Ross to include nets in the game :D

PS : I think the game runs a little slow on my PC. I can't understand why, because I have played games like GTA4, Max Payne 3 and still play PES 13 without any lag. Can anyone please help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check with fraps how many fps you get in nets. I get 28-29 fps on high settings and its pretty fluid.

Look at the likes/dislikes and comments for the official trailer on Gamespot's channel...

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Official Trailer - YouTube

Saying stuff like "Game cancelled lol"...

If this game was released when it was ready we wouldn't have had all this. Until DBC actually proves itself to be an awesome cricket game, raising the bar, you are going to get everyone ridiculing the industry.. As things stand there hasn't been a decent cricket game for fourteen years

Check with fraps how many fps you get in nets. I get 28-29 fps on high settings and its pretty fluid.

Yeah, I mean mine is pretty OK but still wanted to know as I don't face lag when playing PES 13, Max Payne 3 at max settings

I have max graphics with no slow down at all and loving it.:D

What graphic card you own?

Users who are viewing this thread