Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok one more error
Code:
RUN @ 22/04/2013 8:42:45 PM

VERSION: 2.55
PROFILE: Ashu

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateReplay.ProcessInput(Single ms)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

1. Played for a while yesterday. Any specific reason for changing the controls? I am totally lost. I guess the help screen is not updated with the new controls. How do I play dab shots? I noticed the older buttons (E and F) still work but I don't know what kind of shots are played when you use those buttons.

2. One thing I noticed is when I play front-foot shot, about 8 out of 10 times batsman starts running immediately after playing the shot. It's very frustrating.

3. Is it possible to play with normal camera in career mode?

4. If possible can you add one more speed-level in the game? At the moment, Normal feels a bit slow and the next one, fast, is a bit too fast. A value between these two would be perfect for me (if this is difficult, you can increase the game speed on normal) :)

5. Gamepad: Does the game support XBOX controller? If not, is it possible to add support for it?

6. Camera Angle: I agree with MattW that the default camera is a bit too low (it's difficult to even see where the ball is pitched sometimes since a big portion of the pitch area is covered by the umpire). You might want to increase the height a bit.

7. Auto-replay: I would like to turn this option ON while playing but at the moment, I have to use a mouse to hit the OK button to dismiss the replay. Can we have a keyboard shortcut to dismiss the replay? I guess this might be coming when you add keyboard navigation in game menu, but thought I would just highlight.

@Pat: Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I really need to update the site & guide. I promise I'll get around to it sometime this week (late in the week).

I'm not sure why your player runs when you hit the ball though. I haven't experienced that yet. Are you setting your foot before you play the shot or when you play the shot? You can set it and the just press a directional key to play the shot.

I'll also adjust the speed levels and take a look at the camera. For now I'll put in keyboard shortcuts for the replays, but proper keyboard menu navigation isn't going to happen just yet.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say - press F10 in career mode to use the normal camera :)

I'm not sure why your player runs when you hit the ball though. I haven't experienced that yet. Are you setting your foot before you play the shot or when you play the shot? You can set it and the just press a directional key to play the shot.

Thanks. :) I set the foot before playing but I think I keep it pressed until the shot is played. But this is how I have always played, but never noticed this behavior until now.

Also, is XBOX controller support possible (maybe in future)? And how do I play dab shots as per the new control scheme?

Aaah, I see. Yes, that's changed. When you play the shot:

1. move into position
2. set your foot (no need to hold this in)
3. press the directional key

For dab shots, press the key twice. For non-lofted shots that switches between normal and dabs and for lofted shots it switches between normal and chips.

If you run Launcher.exe on the latest version, there's an option for enabling Gamepad support (this really needs to be tested). Make sure that's ticked and click Play. You should be able to use the Xbox gamepad.

Aaah, I see. Yes, that's changed. When you play the shot:

1. move into position
2. set your foot (no need to hold this in)
3. press the directional key

For dab shots, press the key twice. For non-lofted shots that switches between normal and dabs and for lofted shots it switches between normal and chips.

If you run Launcher.exe on the latest version, there's an option for enabling Gamepad support (this really needs to be tested). Make sure that's ticked and click Play. You should be able to use the Xbox gamepad.

Thanks, will try later today. Regarding XBOX controller, I did try those options from launcher but it seems like it is not working. If you want me to test any patch for controller support, let me know :)

Hi guys,

the next patch is almost ready - I think I just need to tackle one or two small tasks still.

Changelog thus far:

- added team form (W/L) indication in tournaments/series
- added duck icon to batting scorecard
- added new bowler & batsman information scenes
- tweaked batting for rashness
- tweaked simulation to cater for reversed lineups (needs thorough testing)
- added fall of wicket scene
- keyboard shortcuts in replay mode
- tweaked speed option settings
- improved player-player collision detection & resolution
- tweaked lofted shots
- new stadium model
- fixed alpha blending for stadium textures (no more white outlines)
- attributes screen automatically skips after 3s
- auto save for career/tournament/series mode
- fixed broken field sizes
- fixed body/pad collision
- fixed name textbox in team editor
- added team selection to roster editor
- added font editor
- bug fixes
- fixed editor crashes
- new fonts (testing out the font editor)

To-do:

- test

Cheers
K

Last edited:
Ok a report Io played the game at my uncles lapy and the game was lightning quick at the following specs-

Intel i3
4gb ram
win 7
ati radeon 5650 2gb

so plz update the min. configs on website...... as well as the other sources...

Kurt, Just got this error when playing a shot a little way into a quick match:
RUN @ 24/04/2013 6:10:37 PM

VERSION: 2.55
PROFILE: Ray

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.Render3D(Vector3D rotate, Vector3D translate, Camera camera, String animation, Single frame, Boolean flipX, String prevAnimation, Int32 prevFrame, Single tweenTime)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest, GameInstance instance)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread