Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm working through now:

- added Reverse skill in roster editor
- fixed crash when kit colour gets corrupted (happens very rarely)
- tweaked ball-fielder collision when dropping a catch
- allow dashes and numbers in field name
- reduced running speed by 10%
- fixed bug in bowler selection
- tweaked bowler fielding to not leave balls headed in his direction
- incorporated @Allrounder18 stats calculations for career mode generation
- clamped variation in seaming/swinging deliveries to acceptable values
- increased natural variation based on control stat
- tweaked fielding after a throw
- fixed bug where faint catches could be appealed before the fielder catches it
- (hopefully, finally) fixed field setting bug where it flips between left and right
- tweaked AI difficulty

It's all done, I just need to test it.

PS - might have found the bug that's been causing the AI difficulty issues.

Last edited:
That was actually being caused by the batsman getting a fine nick! When you appealed it was before the ball actually got caught by any fielder and it crashed because it couldn't find who caught it at that point :P

That's been fixed too, yes :)[DOUBLEPOST=1427135256][/DOUBLEPOST]The AI difficulty issue was incorrect power curves after I added the Versus Seam & Swing attribute :)

Got late to work due to this patch lol
BTW few things I have noticed so far , Cum stats still disappear after 1st t20 game , It will be great if you can add the ability to view all cum stats (i-e for T20s , ODs and FCs) any time in the game instead of waiting for each tournament to begin. This will make career mode almost a complete experience.

Last edited:
Sure thing - it defaults back to the season view when you open the records again. I'll make it stay with the option you chose last. I'll also see if I can squeeze in cycling between the different formats when in cumulative mode.

For reverse swing in shorter formats - it depends. There's no set amount since it's all calculated on-the-fly using Magnus effect equations. A good rule of thumb is probably somewhere around 30%? But then it needs to be scuffed more on one side.

I'm not sure about scuffing the ball manually, but I do need to add the ability to shine the ball. Think I'll try to add that in the next patch. Essentially, you'll rotate the ball to the side you want to shine and then click on the Shine button. This will remove some of the dirt on the ball and hopefully help it keep it's shape a little better. This way you can actually take care of the ball so that you can continue to swing it or reverse it when it's ready.

Sure thing - it defaults back to the season view when you open the records again. I'll make it stay with the option you chose last. I'll also see if I can squeeze in cycling between the different formats when in cumulative mode.

For reverse swing in shorter formats - it depends. There's no set amount since it's all calculated on-the-fly using Magnus effect equations. A good rule of thumb is probably somewhere around 30%? But then it needs to be scuffed more on one side.

I'm not sure about scuffing the ball manually, but I do need to add the ability to shine the ball. Think I'll try to add that in the next patch. Essentially, you'll rotate the ball to the side you want to shine and then click on the Shine button. This will remove some of the dirt on the ball and hopefully help it keep it's shape a little better. This way you can actually take care of the ball so that you can continue to swing it or reverse it when it's ready.

Actually when I switch back to CUM RECORDS view from default season view after 1st t20 game it says "There are no records to show" before the 1st match it shows cum records for t20s.
BTW 30% is too much I dont think that will ever happen in a t20 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread