Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ashu & plexus: I don't really have any plans at the moment for a full management mode. I'd definitely consider it for a follow up or Indiegogo/Kickstarter though. Maybe post some more fleshed out ideas in the other thread so I can take a properly look at it ;)

^^I agree. You should probably hold-off adding any new features at the moment and only concentrate on getting a stable game out first.

OK new batting system just an addition-

strafe in all 4 directions while batting to adjust position

then again directional keys for swing of bat in particular direction

a special key to loft shots i.e. Power boost button in c07

this system with the excellent physics would be awesome to play any directional shot... Also Virat Kohli shot will be available...

@KingRizzy: You can either attach the image in your post here or you can send it to me in a PM. Failing that, you can email me on kurtkz2 at gmail dot com.

What I meant was how/where do I find the image?

Can we leave the bowling how it is ?

Also I think a new game mode like manager mode would be good I.M.O because im more interested in tactics then playing the game so i would look into making a manager mode:thumbs

A fatal error has occured and the details thereof have been logged. This message occurs in the middle of the match..

Last edited:
A fatal error has occured and the details thereof have been logged. This message occurs in the middle of the match..

You must clikc view when that comes up so we can see the error

Hi guys,

I don't think the patch is quite ready for an official release, but those brave souls among you can download the attached file to test it out (this is my way of saying: please help me test!) :D

Cheers
K

Last edited:
Is controller support enabled on this patch? If yes, I can test it and report back.

First impressions excellent in regards to mini patch.....seems more stable than any other. Excellent font, much clearer. Will post more as i get into it.

----------

mmm....maybe i am misunderstanding something here...but in career mode if i only choose to be a bowler who bats down the order and don't bat I hardly get xp points compared to a batsman who makes a few runs...is bowling xp just based on wickets or some other factors? I think it has to be made more rewarding an interesting for people who want to just be bowlers....plus I am worried that the injury side of things is to strict as I get injured quite quickly....how in the game am I supposed to prevent myself being injured? Less training?

Whoops - sorry guys. Thanks for the reminder, Pat. I've tested controller support again and it seems to be working. Make sure you run Launcher and set gamepad support to on. You'll need to run the game from the launcher for now, though. I'll set about adding controller options to the options menu for the proper patch.

Attachments

• MiniPatch.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
@Dutchad: Quite right - I'm still trying to balance the XP earned across skill sets. I've upped the amount of XP bowlers get for bowling economically, but I think it might still be too low. Should I double it again or perhaps set it even higher? (I doubled it in the patch).

EDIT: Forgot to mention: XP for bowlers is earned by bowling economically and by taking wickets. But you're right, it needs tweaking.

EDIT EDIT: Dutchad, what is your training schedule set to currently?

Last edited:
@Dutchad: Quite right - I'm still trying to balance the XP earned across skill sets. I've upped the amount of XP bowlers get for bowling economically, but I think it might still be too low. Should I double it again or perhaps set it even higher? (I doubled it in the patch).

EDIT: Forgot to mention: XP for bowlers is earned by bowling economically and by taking wickets. But you're right, it needs tweaking.

EDIT EDIT: Dutchad, what is your training schedule set to currently?

I reduced the training sessions down to about 4 a week....is that other patch the same as this but with controller added or anything else? Despite the little tweaks etcetera this patch seems very very stable up till now....great! the only thing i have now is that my points are not being added to the league table...need to investigate some more to make sure that is the case......

----------

in the league table with coloured cards it shows three white cards...what does that mean? Does that have something to with the points not being added?

Hmm, in general the following holds true for training:

- weights, strength training will increase strength at the risk of getting injured quicker
- stretching, cardio training will decrease the risk of injuries

Yeah, the patch above is the same but with the controller support fixed. The red & green cards just show the teams most recent performance.

Green = win
Red = loss
White = not yet played

Is it assigning points to wrong team (i.e. the losing team)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread