Cricket Leagues - Support and Advice

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
Would've loved to take part but something tells me, I am not the right manager for associate leagues.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would've loved to take part but something tells me, I am not the right manager for associate leagues.

I think there are some managers who have done masters in managing associate team like The Author .

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
LOL he's done wonders in managing associate leagues than associate teams. :p

I've won four associate leagues myself, but still that doesn't make me a good associate team manager.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, I'm trying out a new idea, hope it does work out well.

One thing, I won't be simulating matches, so I'm sure, this league will be a hit.

It is Liga de Espana, I've listed around 30 names from Spanish National Cricket Team. A team will consist of around 5 local players, 3 players from minnow countries and 10 players from the OS. Line up rules will be something like minimum 2 local and 1 minnow (or three locals). Draft for both minnows and OS. Local players will be auctioned. The one who grab high money will be rated marginally higher.

And along with this, one or two Spanish footballers will be in each team. Footie4Fun competition will run parallel with the main competition, where one footballer and three cricketers will form a team. I'm making a simulator for Footie4Fun, what consists of four quarters of four minutes. Four players per team.

I've got a decent match simulator with me, so I won't be having pressure of simulating the games;).

Any ideas to this?

PS: this will be a six team-ed tournament, with franchisees on the cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Bilbao, Seville.

Spain are mega minnows in cricket. Why not make a Dutch or Scottish league?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The main concept ain't bringing up the minnow talent here, Ahmad Shah. All the locals will be rated as per the cost to which they are sold in auction.

And Varun Chand, I don't know why, I'm loving Spain a lot:p. May be due to LaLiga, I just want to try out a cricket league in Spain:).

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Three more openings are to be created in the Copa Liga America for next season. One has been provisionally taken. The three proposed are Rio (Brasil), Lima (Peru) and Paramaribo (Suriname). How does everyone feel about how the league's been running and would anyone be interested?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Three more openings are to be created in the Copa Liga America for next season. One has been provisionally taken. The three proposed are Rio (Brasil), Lima (Peru) and Paramaribo (Suriname). How does everyone feel about how the league's been running and would anyone be interested?

Make that four now as Los Angeles is now vacant.

thegreatkhan

Club Captain
Netherlands Premier League should be started by some one, it has a larger pool of talent compared to that of Spain and would be an interesting tournament

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Netherlands Premier League should be started by some one, it has a larger pool of talent compared to that of Spain and would be an interesting tournament

I was planning to start it but then started the Europa Cup instead as the prospect of having teams from Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Italy and the minor European nations sounded better.

thegreatkhan

Club Captain
I personally think Europa League would make more sense if it was more like a champions league.. If there were leagues such as, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, English.. The champions would qualify for this tournament to determine the best in Europe..

Right now it just seams country playing country with a bit of overseas players.:rolleyes

But that's my personal opinion, hope you didn't mind:)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I personally think Europa League would make more sense if it was more like a champions league.. If there were leagues such as, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, English.. The champions would qualify for this tournament to determine the best in Europe..

Right now it just seams country playing country with a bit of overseas players.:rolleyes

But that's my personal opinion, hope you didn't mind:)

Personally, I think the Europa Cup is one of the most in-depth and diverse leagues on the forum and one which requires the right amount of knowledge to win, but not too much to alienate people.

But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread