DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

I have been an avid supporter of DBC and may be had unrealistic expectations based on the scenarios and earlier trailer.

I still think this game is better than any Cricket game ever but the video has definitely deflated the massive hype and brought us back to reality.

The other thing I cannot fathom is why can't the BA team use FRAPS and upload video from a real DRS situation rather than engineer the whole thing and post a video laden with inaccuracies.

If engineering the video was indeed the root cause of all this, the BA team could easily have uploaded another video of something similar to put to bed all the negativity with respect to Bat Tapping, Bowler Animation, Missed Runout, Scoreboard etc. (With all the QA and Testing this won't be an added burden)

As that has not happened so far, it is fair to assume that the issues (most of them) are inherent to the game and we just need to accept it and not act oblivious or try to defend something through irrational logic.

Lol chief, good eyes. But that seems to be caused by sun light reflecting. Bat is indeed very new shiny :p

I agree with the majority, and not the attention seekers - It's looking very good indeed and I can't wait to have a bash.

If I had to register one (incredibly minor) objection, no-one seems to have noticed the disappearing bat-stickers at 43secs in... after the abuse the other guys got for having them backwards it feels fair to slap a wrist on that... :)

I think its just a glare due to the shine of the sticker which makes it look like that.

Regarding bowler slowing down just before releasing the ball waiting for user input. How can we compare this to a player in FIFA dribbling the ball and having options like lob, shoot, pass etc and whichever option they choose the result is a smooth transition and animation looks good. I think what people are complaining about is the flow of the bowling action which isn't smooth. I might be wrong here and hope that its just the missing frames as Biggs earlier stated.

Also for those who are complaining about faulty scorecards should remember that this is not an official game trailer like you get with other games like FIFA where they don't ask you which features would you like to see. They just show what they want to show. But here Big Ant showed what the community wanted to see i.e BARS with one full delivery. Everything was set up. Big Ant have included features like BARS with proper animation like players discussing whether to take reviews or not. Do you think they are dumb enough to leave things like faulty scorecard appear in the finished product?

No, its not the sticker dissappearing Cheif. Its the reflection of the sun on the bat. All the bat issues are with Ashes 13 please dont force one on Don Bradman Cricket :) thanks.

it is fair to assume that the issues (most of them) are inherent to the game and we just need to accept it and not act oblivious or try to defend something through irrational logic.

"It is fair to assume that the issues are inherent to the game" is irrational itself.

You've stated yourself that the issues can be 'easily fixed' by posting another video - so why is it an issue?

The other thing I cannot fathom is why can't the BA team use FRAPS and upload video from a real DRS situation...

Except it was a real BARS situation, intended to show us an EXACT BARS scenario in a controlled manner. "Playing the game" with FRAPS (laughing out loud) would result in us seeing a bunch of stuff they prolly don't want us to see yet and/or may not trigger the exact scenario that they can easily control using a DEBUG mode.

They want to give the BEST presentation they possibly can, it's like asking why they don't just upload an hour of random gameplay after beer o'clock at the office...

Why do you think Game companies and Movie studios hire companies to produce trailers for them at HUGE expense?

^^^
Also, the use of debug build would be due to time constraints. You can literally play the game for hours trying to capture the scenario you want to capture in the actual game. Somehow I don't think that would be top of BAS' priority list at the moment ;)

I disagree, I imagine Ross going home every night after a long day reading nonsense in this forum, lighting up a cigar and playing a 50 over match while manically cackling into the moonlight...

I have been an avid supporter of DBC and may be had unrealistic expectations based on the scenarios and earlier trailer.

I still think this game is better than any Cricket game ever but the video has definitely deflated the massive hype and brought us back to reality.

The other thing I cannot fathom is why can't the BA team use FRAPS and upload video from a real DRS situation rather than engineer the whole thing and post a video laden with inaccuracies.

If engineering the video was indeed the root cause of all this, the BA team could easily have uploaded another video of something similar to put to bed all the negativity with respect to Bat Tapping, Bowler Animation, Missed Runout, Scoreboard etc. (With all the QA and Testing this won't be an added burden)

As that has not happened so far, it is fair to assume that the issues (most of them) are inherent to the game and we just need to accept it and not act oblivious or try to defend something through irrational logic.

In essence, sometimes my goals are different from those that some people think they should be. The video is designed to show three things - gameplay, the default camera for bowling and BARS.

We wanted to record HDMI from the PlayStation3 as I wanted to make that statement, that it was recorded from a console build. That didn't work out as we had issues with the recording equipment.

I also sought permission and promised Angad earlier in the week that I would put him the video, that needed to be set up, that wasn't changing no matter what.

There are such a small minority of purchasers of product that will see this video, it is for those actively following here and on FB, it will not be in stores. We should have made the scorecard real, my time again I'd fix that otherwise the video met it's goals. There is a certain amount of sophistication that comes with the audience that this is aimed at, in the main most people got the idea.

In terms of recording another video, yeah we could do that but we also need to make sure we are showing a video that would meet approval. I walk a fine line as it is.

Regarding bowler slowing down just before releasing the ball waiting for user input. How can we compare this to a player in FIFA dribbling the ball and having options like lob, shoot, pass etc and whichever option they choose the result is a smooth transition and animation looks good. I think what people are complaining about is the flow of the bowling action which isn't smooth. I might be wrong here and hope that its just the missing frames as Biggs earlier stated.

Also for those who are complaining about faulty scorecards should remember that this is not an official game trailer like you get with other games like FIFA where they don't ask you which featjures would you like to see. They just show what they want to show. But here Big Ant showed what the community wanted to see i.e BARS with one full delivery. Everything was set up. Big Ant have included features like BARS with proper animation like players discussing whether to take reviews or not. Do you think they are dumb enough to leave things like faulty scorecard appear in the finished product?
Well I have been reading all the post and the point seems valid.well the game has features that no other game ever promised but no game is fullproof and their is room for improvment and I truely believe that ross and the team are looking into everything and will try to fix any issue with the game

^^^
Also, the use of debug build would be due to time constraints. You can literally play the game for hours trying to capture the scenario you want to capture in the actual game. Somehow I don't think that would be top of BAS' priority list at the moment ;)

They would be playing round the clock in order to do QA and Testing. I am pretty sure that one will come across a DRS that they wanted to depict. This is not a reasonable arguement.

I'm more a cashew...

We should have made the scorecard real, my time again I'd fix that...

Call me crazy, but I fall into the category of; It's prolly better to have a missing "ball" on the scorecard than a missing wicket-keepers body...

Users who are viewing this thread