DBC14 PC Version 1.14

When its caught behind and the umpire hasn't given out, though there was a nick sound + a clear spot on the hot spot the umpire ALWAYS rejects the review which is a game bug.
Before people start calling this a bug, it really would be nice to know if the ball is actually being caught.

Just because there's a hotspot, doesn't mean it has been caught cleanly.

If anyone has 100% conclusive video of the ball being caught from an edge (show the entire pay in interactive replay) and being rejected via BARS, then please post.

Before people start calling this a bug, it really would be nice to know if the ball is actually being caught.

If anyone has 100% conclusive video of the ball being caught from an edge (show the entire pay in interactive replay) and being rejected via BARS, then please post.

I think the ball not being caught cleanly is in itself a bug a lot of the time - mainly to do with the wicketkeeper.

Instead of attempting to dive forward to take a catch, they turn their back on the ball, start walking the other way then let the ball bounce before taking it between their legs.

Yeah many times it pitches before him...[DOUBLEPOST=1411697600][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the ball not being caught cleanly is in itself a bug a lot of the time - mainly to do with the wicketkeeper.

Instead of attempting to dive forward to take a catch, they turn their back on the ball, start walking the other way then let the ball bounce before taking it between their legs.
I think if the pace is slow then dropping short of the WK is realistic...There are events where the ball bounces before the WK when the ball is bowled short [happens in real life as well] if there is no pace in the wicket....

Yeah many times it pitches before him...[DOUBLEPOST=1411697600][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think if the pace is slow then dropping short of the WK is realistic...There are events where the ball bounces before the WK when the ball is bowled short [happens in real life as well] if there is no pace in the wicket....

Yeah, but there are many instances where the keeper could easily move forward on even stand still and take the catch, but instead they turn their back and walk away from the ball to take it on the half-volley between their legs. Its strange. Not to mention frustrating.

Yeah, but there are many instances where the keeper could easily move forward on even stand still and take the catch, but instead they turn their back and walk away from the ball to take it on the half-volley between their legs. Its strange. Not to mention frustrating.
Yeah that surely need tweaking...I have also had such instances....

i am also face this type of situation but i view replay their clearly saw that bowl is going to wk hand but not out . This happend 3 times with me in casual game.

The next time it happens simply grab a video of it. We can't fix things unless we've witnessed them.

In olden times (hey, it was only like 10 years ago) each tester would run VHS all day whilst testing so that we could run it back and capture any bugs properly.

I'm not even sure you can BUY VHS any more? :)

Are you on Pc or console?

Console[DOUBLEPOST=1411718044][/DOUBLEPOST]
In olden times (hey, it was only like 10 years ago) each tester would run VHS all day whilst testing so that we could run it back and capture any bugs properly.

I'm not even sure you can BUY VHS any more? :)

That's what I don't get, instead of asking the consumer to capture a video, surely they would have testing programs where they can run checks? Eg: set-it up so every ball is edged then observe the results....

I might be expecting too much here :-p

I've had a quite few edges fall JUST short of the keeper and a couple where the keeper seems to misjudge it and it bounces just before he catches it in his dive.

[HASHTAG]#justsaying[/HASHTAG]

Console[DOUBLEPOST=1411718044][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's what I don't get, instead of asking the consumer to capture a video, surely they would have testing programs where they can run checks? Eg: set-it up so every ball is edged then observe the results....

I might be expecting too much here :-p

No, I'm sure they're doing that too - But isolated incidents of bugs are always useful to get video of.

QA teams ain't what they used to be though: these days there are lots more automatic checks that you can use, and less humans. Back in the PS2 era, we'd have a *minimum* of 10 guys testing PER PLATFORM every day for the last 6 months or so of a project. Nowadays a combination of AI solutions and the ability to patch post launch if there are problems found once live sees much, much smaller QA teams on games. Sadly, now that you can patch post-release, most publishers have cut QA budgets right down because the risk is much less that it was when it was when there was no real way to service the game.

Users who are viewing this thread