Derbyshire 516
Northhamptonshire 4/158

Northamptonshire trail by 358 runs

T.Roberts 63 (112)
M.Love 76 (155)

C.Laws 2/43
N.Hemlani 1/22
B.Molloy 1/0

Morthamptonshire tryed to up there pace in the last session though Roberts and Love. However both fell late in the session as Derbyshire fought back to be incontrol of the match a near closer to a first innings win. However with only four sessions to play the overall match looks like it will end in a draw.

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 40
  • zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 38
Northamptonshire on a go slow

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 35
Northamptonshire have gone completely into there shell trying to save the match

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 34
End of play Day 3
Frizzell County Championship
Derbyshire v Northamptonshire at Derby
Derbyshire 516
Northhamptonshire 6/203

Northamptonshire trail by 313 runs

B.Shafayat 2 (108) no
J.Louw 0 (3) no

C.Laws 2/50
N.Hemlani 1/22
B.Molloy 1/017
R.Balaji 1/37
S.Moore 1/46

Northamptonshire have really gone onto the defence here with Shafayat scoring 2 off 108 balls. It looks like a non result is on the cards here. Richie Roberts i think has certainly made a blunder here by batting to long...

Your thoughts?

i think batting for so long was a good thing to do (not only because i gotta double ton lol) because nobody knew how long the rain would fall for so long we lost about 2 sessions which is about 5-6 wickets that we could of took which would of left 8-9 wickets on the last day if the follow on had been enforced which in there posistion was highly likely it would of set up a great finish.

also its there defensive play that has allowed this to happen if they were more attacking there could of been more wickets
great play by everbody cant wait for the final day because this could go to the wire

Start of play Day 4
Derbyshire 516
Northhamptonshire 6/203

Northamptonshire trail by 313 runs

B.Shafayat 2 (108) no
J.Louw 0 (3) no

C.Laws 2/50
N.Hemlani 1/22
B.Molloy 1/017
R.Balaji 1/37
S.Moore 1/46

Welcome to the start of play here on day four, the last day of the match. We will be hoping for some exciting cricket today as frankly, yesterday was as boring as ****!!!! I think ZoraxDoom had a word to the Northamptonshire players in the dressing room yesterday and said block block block. LOL
Well Derbyshire will be looking for early wickets here and enforce the follow on, let join the player in the middle. It looks like Hemlani will be opening the attack.

Attachments

• `.jpg
    `.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hemlani gets another

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 48
Tail wags for Northamptonshire

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 34
Northamptonshire All Out for 291

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 33
Lunch Day 4
Derbyshire 516
Northhamptonshire 291

Northamptonshire trail by 225 runs

Lunch here on day for after Northamptonshire were dismissed for 291.
We have just got some news in from the Derbyshire dressing room, and it looks as though Derbyshire are not going to enforce the follow on. In an interesting move Derbyshire captain Richie Roberts has decided his side will come out to bat despite them leading by an innings and 225 runs and only two sessions to play. Have you ever herd such madness???? Stay tuned as Mike Atherton catches up with Richie Roberts while his openers head out to bat.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 34
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 34
Mike Atherton: Welcome Richie, what on earth are you doing? Do you think the lads need some batting practice or do you think your bowlers fitness isn't up to scatch and they nedd a rest?

Richice Roberts: Hi Mike, hahahaha no i dont think our batters need the practice, did you forget that we got 500 plus in the first innings?

MA: No i didn't forget, i thought you must of cause you didn't enforce the follow on with only two sessions left!!!!!!

RR: No not at all, the last days cricket have been total bollocks. We found the Northamptonshire guys quiet hard to dismiss when the to on ZoraDooms block block block technique. So I figured i will send the boys out for an over or two for a big of a swing and try and get 10 - 20 runs quickly, the declare.
Just hang on a minute Mike.

Roberts signals to the batsman the declaration.

RR: See now we have set them 250 to win in two sessions, they will be looking for runs and that will make our job of taking the wickets a lot easier, if they are good enough to win from here then it will all blow up in my face if not, well you 'll be refering to the day Richie Roberts bluffed a victory out of nowhere against Northamptonshire. Anyways Mike i got to go get changed.

MA: Cheers lad and good luck.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaa.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 32
2:03pm Day 4
Derbyshire 516
Northhamptonshire 291

Derbyshire 3/24 dec

Northamptonshire require 250 runs to win

Well there you have it, it looks as if Roberts does have some method in his madness, I hope for his sake the young lad and his team can pull it off. If not i think there could be some trouble out Derbyshire way this evening. Either way we be looking at an exciting finish here today in Derbyshire.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread