Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Griffo said:
thats awesome whats latif stats?
Here you go, I've had him as an overseas player a couple of times. He's just taken a 5-fer in a Twenty20 as well.

Whew! Playing as SURREY and What a Thriller of a Win I had.

Day 1 : Somerset got bowled out for 328 with half an hour remaining.

Day 2-3 : Bad start by my Team. 75 for 4 at one stage. Then Butcher,Clarke went on to hit hundreds. Benning made 78. Declared on 505 at the end of Day 3.

Day 4 : Somerset began with 177 behind. After about 50 overs, Match seemed headed for a draw with Somerset being 183/2. At this stage, I remembered that I had totally forgotten :p to give A.Mahmood bowling. Two wkts in his first over and along with Bicknell ripped thru the middle,lower order.

But then again, Gazzard-Caddick bided out 40 minutes for the 9th wkt and the time was 5pm. Finally, Kumble-Bicknell removed the 9th and 10th.

I needed about 76 in about 40 minutes of play. All sorts of drama started happening. Newman made a quick 17 before being rtd. hrt. Benning, Clarke, Mahmood, Bicknell made quick runs. Ramprakash went first ball. With 15 required in the last 3, Willoughby and Johnson conceeded only 7 which meant 8 required from the last over. Azhar smashed a 4 off Caddick's first ball which made matters easy. But a dot ball made matters tense again. Finally two singles and a double and Surrey won with a ball to spare.

Runchase.jpg

How about this for a Twenty20 win? :p Couldn't believe it, especially after I was struggling with the bat at 14-4.

LOl check this Malingaz 4in4... and yes they did end up winning with one wicket

Attachments

• hawkins 4in4.JPG
    hawkins 4in4.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 60
this is a close victory :D
thanks to jimmy anderson...
...'s batting.

I was batting on day 4 setting a target for west indies with cook going very slowly. Rather than sending Flintoff in 4 down I sent in Anderson who made 21 off 22 balls (Flintoff at 7 made 1 off 10). I set the Windies 367 to win in 91 overs. It looked a stone dead draw until the last session were Harmison took 3more. I needed 2 wickets off the last over and won with 3 balls left...which is why anderson was so important :p

Attachments

• harmisonsthebollocks.PNG
    harmisonsthebollocks.PNG
    82.3 KB · Views: 61
I've just managed to top that...won the fourth test by 1 run. They were 120-3 chasing 169 and Pietersen and Monty did their stuff :D

Attachments

• ****INGNICE.PNG
    ****INGNICE.PNG
    95 KB · Views: 58
:rolleyes:

And this is pretty bad then...

P.S i was missing about 8 first team squad due to Internationals... OH DAM

Attachments

• 1000 somerset.JPG
    1000 somerset.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 37
Fenton.jpg

I won this match by a thrilling 3 runs...No doubt..But something has to be told about that Antony Fenton, a 19 year old youth batsman for Kent. I dont know whether he is really alive :p on this earth or whether he is a 'made up' player, but he surely gave a run for my Brain's money :p .

Having set Kent a Target of 292, things became easier when Kent lost 2 wkts with just 3 on the board. In walked Fenton and playing in only his 3rd match blasted a 75 ball 100. By 29 overs they were 190/3 ( Good support by Obrien and Jones ). But the fall of Fenton and Jones in the 30th over bowled by Mahmood changed things dramatically. Spinners Walters and Sunny tightened things up a bit. But still they were in for a win with 37 required in 8. Broad started striking consistently. It went down to 29 from 6.....20 from 4....14 from 3...then 6 from the last 2 with 2 wkts in hand.

First ball of the 49th over, Broad got Joseph edging to the Keeper. 2 runs later. My heart came to my mouth when Tredwell got a thick edge which flew over Deep Midon. But RamPrakash ran well to gobble it up as I sighed a relief.

But surely even if I had lost the match I wouldnt have bothered cause that Fenton innings is the Best I have watched over the last 3 months. He tore the bowlers apart from the 9th over to the 29th over.

Users who are viewing this thread