Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Well well well.....
Such a close match... England only needed 280 to win... they were going all fine with 4 wickets left and 40 runs to win then 2 runs left and 3 wickets in hand...

In the end they won buy 1 wicket...

Attachments

• vseng tite loss.JPG
    vseng tite loss.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 117
Thrilling Victory

A Win of the Last Ball of the Match

Thrill.jpg

Having handed Glamorgan a follow-on and when J.Dernbach took 2 quick wkts, I knew a victory was possible. But a brilliant 155 by T.Roach and some useful partnerships helped Glamorgan eat up some time. But still with A.Sunny and A.Mahmood striking at regular intervals, Glamorgan got bowled out 10 minutes after tea on Day 4.

This meant I had to get a target of 176 in just about 1 hr 35 min ( about 26 overs ). I had doubts about getting a victory on a deteriorating track. But still I tried. Runs came. Wkts fell. It went down to about 90-100 in the last hour with about 5 wkts in hand.

The turning point came when A.Mahmood and J.Batty( 38 off 24 ) added a real quick 64 for the 6th wkt.

In fact, 26 were required off the last 3. Eight came off one over. Then 15 came off the penultimate over off S.Jones with Batty smashing 3 boundaries. I had a nasty smile on my face when just 4 were required off the last over. But that smile vanished quickly as Cosker removed Batty and H.Brown. With 3 required off 3 Mahmood-Doshi took 3 singles. In fact, if Doshi hadnt scored off the last ball, then it would have ended in a 'TIED DRAW".

This victory gives me immense satisfaction, for :

1) Glamorgan are at the top off the table right now.

2) Every time I play Glamorgan, either I have to settle for a draw or get blown away to defeat like in the last season where they smashed 550 and my team got blown away for 109 and an innings defeat.

3) This win came after 5 successive draws this season.

4) More than anything else, the victory came off the last ball of the match. Just one dot ball and I would have had to settle for a draw and 4 points instead of 14.

UNBELIEVABLE VICTORY

I cant believe this Victory. Probably my best victory so far in a CC game, mainly because I thought it was all over for my team Surrey.

Somerset needed barely 104 to make with more than 2 days of play left. But they had only 9 wkts to get it, since G.Andrew was out with a fracture. I didnt have any hope of defending 104, even after they lost an early wkt. But when they were 45/1 things changed as S.Broad and A.Mahmood ripped thru them and had them reeling at 69/8. Both getting 4 wkts apiece.

But I got a great scare when the last wkt Johnson-Willoughby put on 30. Some dramas did happen inbetween as Johnson was dropped twice. But finally when T.Murtagh got the edge of Willoughby and the ball going towards keeper J.Batty, I knew THAT WAS IT since Batty has a safe pair of hands. ( Two screenshots posted below )

Funny thing is just before the match when I saw the conditions it said ' Poor for Fast, No help for Spinners'. ( However there was heavy cloud) . I expected a run feast and this match ended in the first session of Day 3!!!

Moral : Never Believe the Conditions.....Sometimes!!!

Unblv.jpg

Scrcard.jpg

The Retired hurt probably won you that game one player didnt get to bat or bowl for a majoity of the game. Its truely better than a wicket

lol look at your best batsmen Murtagh Murtagh Murtagh..

Last edited:
lol look at your best batsmen Murtagh Murtagh Murtagh..

Ya...Newman is playing agst Windies and it was a match where my mainstays - Ramprakash, R.Clarke, Mahmood, Walters, Benning - all failed with the bat

he...he....Looks like I am carrying loads of luck these days:p. Look at this match.When Derby smashed up 475, my one and only intention was a Draw. This intention grew as I conceeded a 115 run lead since my team Surrey got bowled out for 360.

I expected Derby to fix me a target of about 350+ and declare some time during Day 4. But instead they crashed to 55 for 9 and then to 97 allout. In fact I was disappointed about that 42 run last wkt stand but when my run chase ended I was happy about those 42 runs since it only helped M.RamPrakash and J.Batty complete their personal achievements.

Derby1.jpg

I Just lost the 1st Test against England. Got absolutely smashed! By 10 wickets, I can't make decent scores and get enough top order wickets.

99 not out you have to be annoyed at that

Was playing against Sussex in CC...They needed 209 to win...At one stage they were comfortably placed at 170-4...They needed only 39 with 6 wickets in hand and this is what happened....

4xy4n40.jpg

4p1a05s.jpg

P.S.-- 8 of my players were selected by England :crying

I'm GOING TO GO CRAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!

I just lost by 2 runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 FRICKEN RUNS!!!!!!

2runs.jpg

.jpg

Hussey has been in very good form. Check out this opening stand!

AwesometonbyHuss.jpg

Openingpartnership.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread