Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Drew against Yorkshire with Hampshire. In the first innings after a middle order collapse Shane Bind tried to rebuild the innings but was left stranded on 43 off of 211 balls thanks to Taylor who made up for it by coming in as night-watchmen and scoring 50.

Also Carberry's on fire this season with 2 fifties and 2 hundreds in a row.

Last edited:
I, playing as Derbyshire, had a 40-over fixture against Leicestershire. Having lost all my 5 Pro40 games prior, I decided to just play a relatively young side.

I lost the toss and was made to field first, which didn't go well. Aside from my sole senior bowlers, Dean & Hunter, my bowlers went round the park as Leicestershire posted a fairly high total, 245-7.

With the required run rate over a run a ball, I had to go attacking but my intended pinch hitter, Wayne White went for just 3 and the wickets continued to tumble, leaving me in an almost unsalvageable position of 103-6 after 18 overs.

With the required run rate now up to 6.5, I felt my only chance was to stick my only top order batsman left, Akhil Patel, at full aggression and hope he managed to knock off the runs before I lost all my wickets.

To my surprise, it started to pay off and Patel shared a 7th wicket partnership of 47 from just 6.1 overs despite his partner, Sadler, making just 5 from 23 balls until he fell to Ackerman.

Hunter quickly followed, so I asked Patel to retain strike as well as score boundaries. It worked for a while but Patel eventually fell for a brilliant 115 from just 69 balls.

At 193-9, the writing was on the wall. My only saving grace was that Patel's effort had brought the required run rate down to around 5 an over, slightly more managable but still, with 53 runs to go, surely beyond my no. 10 & 11.

I started both on 3 bars aggression, adding a bar as they got more settled but every time I pressed play over I was just waiting for a fall of wicket. It never came though as they repeatedly knocked about 5 or 6 off each over despite the proliferation of exclamation marks until finally, with 2 overs left and just 1 run remaining, my no.11 Scott Ellison hit his 3rd boundary to take me to an unbelievable win.

Attachments

• 1Wicket win (1).JPG
    1Wicket win (1).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1Wicket win (2).JPG
    1Wicket win (2).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1Wicket win (3).JPG
    1Wicket win (3).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 8
Thrilling INDO-PAK test!! :D

OW2nt.jpg

World Cup ODI ( Was just playing the group match, scored 374 but man..SA gave a great fight , they were 254/3 - 30 overs needing only 120 in 20 ov with 7 wks in hand, but thanks to sehwag and jadeja, they took quick wickets :D

Hp5T2.jpg

LOL after such a high scoring thriller , this happened :eek:
zIeNr.jpg

Last edited:
Is it me, or are association teams ridiculously strong because their averages are good since they face weak opposition 9 times out of 10?

I only find Ireland to be strong, and they are a decent team. Oh and ten Doeschate

2uibpl5.png

Only got there thanks to a last wicket partnership of 42 from Mills and Bond

McIntosh in an ODI???

It's a tough time at the moment. Jesse Ryder's gotten too comfotable at number 3, Guptil and Sheed are both injured. Watling couldn't cut international level with numerous low scores. McCullum sucks at opening. Looks like it's time for a Matthew Bell recall.

Just had an epic match, which has made me extremely angry. Anyway, in my Kent game, in 2015. First dig, I roll them for 131. I bat, get to 334 after being about 5/120. 203 ahead on first innings, Young belts 197, and gets them 384. 181 to chase. Easy, yes? No. I had a massive fail with the bat, only Denly (54) and Nicholson (43 not out) doing anything, as Doug Bollinger, the clueless number 11, came in with 7 runs to get. He smashed a 4, and we got equal scores. Nicholson batted out the rest of the over, giving strike to Doug, who proceeded to hit it straight back to the bowler.

As you can see on the right, I was extremely angry.

tiev.jpg

bdpakwin.jpg

What a match. Pitch starts off a bit dodgy, but I still choose to bat. (J.Jamshed and F.Anjum are regens on debut btw)

After a sparkling 89 from Jubair, a slow but solid 70 from Islam and a debut 51 from Anjum, we scraped to 343. Pakistan come in to bat, and a quickfire 101 from Younis Khan propels them to 202/2, bufore Shuvo triggers the collapse. Only small contributions follow and they are bundled out for 326.

Another great innings from Jamshed, this time much slower as the pitch was a wreck by now, and three wickets fell for 46. Islam joins him and they merrily go on to put on 93 runs before another collapse. 3 more quick wickets and at 6/167, Anjum is batting with the tail on a bowler's pitch...which he does superbly rescuing Bangladesh to 251

We needed wickets and we needed them fast, and Tareq Aziz delivered on his return to Test cricket, taking the first 4 in his first spell, Pakistan only having 72 runs. Ghumman offered strong resistance, but failed as Aziz and al Hasan cleaned up the tail, Pakistan 85 runs short.

You must be god, winning a test match against Pakistan as Bangladesh is unbelievable. Great effort man. I`ve never won a test with Bangla yet, i think i`ve won a few ODIs though. :p

Thats right, Butterworth has 48 test wickets from just the 9 tests, gun.

Yeah, Cam White is way better, good with the bat and hes got 37 test wickets now.

Butterworth`s got 113 Test Wickets @ 29.65 after 25 matches, Cam White`s got 110 wickets @ 33.67 after 29 matches for me. :p Guns.

Last edited:
Not just the test - the series thanks to a superhuman Iqbal show:

tamim231.jpg

Ended up winning by 226 runs, Iqbal made 51 in the second innings, Anjum has 4 50's in his first 2 matches.

Users who are viewing this thread