Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Yeah, if NZ lost the final wicket they'd have lost, if they scored the runs they'd win, if they didn't make the runs but survived till the end they'd draw, and there was the chance they could have ended up on level score at the end of the game resulting in a tie. 4 results possible ;) Seems like a pretty immense Test match that!

maybe even better than the t20 between us and the aussies in christchurch:laugh:laugh

im pickin up what your putting down.. tie and test match just doesnt compute

icc.png

I'm Warwickshire.
Excellent win from the brink of defeat, their top 3 batsmen all scored 100+ in the first innings and I had to follow on. I won in the last over of the match, and it wasn't until they were 129 - 8 from 129 - 6 that I really thought I was going to not lose. At one stage they were gunning along at 57-0

The time lost was lost when I was still batting second innings, so I thought it would help me get the draw, but by the end it almost cost me.

kaic7c.png

Kieran Noema-Barnett got a century on debut and Lance Shaw who in real life is more famous for his basketball talents than his cricketing talents got a fiver on debut.

He's actually not bad in the game compared to the other openers available. Having said that, he should be down as an all-rounder...

He's actually not bad in the game compared to the other openers available. Having said that, he should be down as an all-rounder...

Yeah he's been pretty gun for me over the last couple of series, averaging 40 odd, really good once he gets going but gets out in the late 20's quite often.

Nice Run Chase in season opener. :)

Being the County Championship title holder....I would have been depressed to lose the first CC game of my 2034 season...that too against Gloucs who had got promoted. It looked like it as my team faced a deficit of 136 runs in the first innings.

But my Indian spinner brought me back into the game. With 287 required in about a little over 4 sessions....my batsmen went about the task and completed the job with still a session on Day 4 remaining. Incidentally, Wicketkeeper Ian Bond, whom I sent as a nightwatchman went on to score a century. :p

C.Kumar,the overseas offie went on to break A.Sunny's long standing match haul record of 12-85 which was achieved in the 2008 season.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Great Run Chase to open up our world cup campaign. I didn't think I'd be able to do it but thanfully Haig and Ryder came out and put on a quick 50 partnership and then Ross Taylor came in all guns blazing and hit a quick 40 helping Kane Williamson reach 50. Once Taylor was out things were looking Grim with McCullum falling cheaply but Jacob Oram hit a quickfire 50 and Williamson got his Maiden ODI century.

inzsde.png

Very great comeback thanks to Ross Taylor and DeWayne Bowden who scored his maiden ODI century and after 12 innings still manages to sustain an average above 100. Believe it or not at one stage NZ were 69/6. Arnel also picked up his maiden ODI 5fer

xlbhn6.png

Last edited:
New Zealand v Australia
1st One Day International - 20 Mar 2010

Australia - 1st Innings
----------------------------------------------
P Hughes lbw b Styris 92
S Katich c Styris b Oram 33
R Ponting lbw b Mills 75
M Clarke c Harris b Franklin 37
S Watson lbw b Mills 0
C White c McCullum b Bond 25
B Haddin c Harris b Franklin 5
M Johnson lbw b Franklin 4
S Clark c Harris b Franklin 5
P Siddle c Harris b Mills 1
S Tait not out 0
Extras: (nb1,w3,lb3) 7
TOTAL: (all out, 48.2 overs) 284

O M R W
S Bond 10 1 60 1
K Mills 9 1 46 3
J Franklin 7.2 0 43 4
J Oram 10 1 37 1
D Vettori 4 0 24 0
J Ryder 4 0 29 0
S Styris 2 0 23 1
C Harris 2 0 19 0
Fall of Wickets:
1-63 2-184 3-242 4-242 5-242
6-255 7-259 8-281 9-284 10-284

New Zealand won by 5 wickets
Man of the match: J Franklin
It was a great comeback from 2/242 in the 1st odi. After losing tests 3-0

my best match

well aus pretty much owned me for the first 3 innings and gave me 3 and a half sessions to chase 462 runs.got off to a great start thanx to D bowden(who retired after just one season of test cricket at age of 30)but the lower middle order collapsed.but we fought resolutely and it all came down to the last over,last wicket standing and 13 runs.5 runs came off the first 4 deliveries and then dan was on strike.i decided to go for it.9 times out of 10 i would have lost but vettori struck 2 fours and we had won on the last ball of the match.probably the greatest match in all of my careers combined.

Attachments

• 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.2.JPG
    2.2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
What a win. Last ball of the day with one wicket in hand chasing a massive target and 11 runs off the last 3 balls.

ICC 2006 : 2034 season

I consider this as a Nice win. In fact a Thrilling one. :) Already a first innings deficit of 90 runs, my bowlers did a great job by bowling out Worcs for 172 in their second knock. The highlight being allrounder Thomas Curtis hat-trick. :)

A target of 263 still looked big enough what with my batsmen faring poorly in the first knock and that too on a minefield of a track. Time was not the worry though what with 5 sessions to get those 263.

Some useful contributions meant I was well within the runchase. But at 208/6 it looked evenly poised for both teams. But keeper I.Bond held his nerve :p to register a thrilling one wkt win. In fact , with the score tied, my heart started thumping :D when the highlight started but Bond ondrove it for a single. :happy

summ.jpg

Last edited:
comeback.jpg

Got to 138-8, accidentally hit declare, they made 370, and I still managed to crush them on the back of a Phil Hughes double.

Users who are viewing this thread