Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

i just pulled off a really intense win with NZ, and better, it was the match to keep me in the Tri-team tournament. it looks like just a normal win, but i was at 40 overs, with just Shane Bond and Vettori, who we all know aren't the greatest batters, needin 7 or 8 an over for a win, and not even my openers could do that well, and they pulled it off! Shane Bond got to 35 off 33 with 6 boundaries then got out in the 2nd last over with 12 needed. Vettori got a run a ball 29 with 3 fours, then Oram came in and got 9 off 8 with 2 fours to seal the win.

Attachments

• NZ1.JPG
    NZ1.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 10
  • NZ2.JPG
    NZ2.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 8
Won the T20 final match with India scoring 127 in 20 overs and SA again choking and allout for 88.

Another One Day match that I won was when I need 4 on last ball while chasing massive total and hit a 4 on last ball and won the match.

Here is another great Test match I had with Dhuram declaring the score at 333/6 and gave me very difficult target of 178 in 20 overs left for final day's play. Yet I finished it with 1 over remaining with Jaffer amazing innings and brilliant innings from Samit Patel scoring 205* at first innings and then scoring 64*
2lxb1co.png

hsrxgo.png

Stuart Broad is proving very handy for my team. I sent him as night watchman when my team was 74/4 in 2nd innings trailing by 134 runs and he scored massive 205* when only one player was able to score 50 (that too when he was batting with broad and made a 186 runs partnership) and my team ending up at scoring 434 all out with Broad remaining not out in end and they gave lead of 224 at day 4 which was enough to draw the match save my team from big loss and then in very next match he scored 40 in first innings and 128* next innings to draw the match.

He was averaging around 25 before but suddenly it raised to 40 :D. He was in my team only for his batting and he was then selected by England :p

A Thriller of a Win

A One-Run win in any form of the game is surely a thriller and especially if it happens in the last over of a CC game....the thrill is unexplainable. :)

2036 season : On a bowler friendly track, my team Surrey scored 291 in the first knock. I had Warwicks at 113 for 6 at one stage before they pushed through another 106 with the last 4 wkts thereby reducing the margin of the lead.

During my second knock, last 2 sessions lost due to rain on Day 3....

Day 4, J.Sadler's fiery spell....my team crashed to 140/9 before T.Curtis and lastman M.Penman put on 29 for the last wicket ( this looks so crucial now ).....So, got bowled out for 169 with 7 minutes left for lunch on Day 4.

With 242 to win in about 2 sessions.....all the drama happened.....Good Partnerships, Good catches by Bond, Hollinghurst, Chester ; wickets at the right time, M.Winters holding one end up...it all went down to 11 from the last 2 overs.

M.Winters struck a four to move onto 99. Got bowled next ball. D.Beasley came. Got a big edge over fineleg for four. Took a single...to keep strike.

Last over. 2 to win. Possibility for a Tie as well, draw as well. 1 wicket in hand.

And Holly boy trapped Beasley first ball !!! :happy

1R.jpg

Warwicks Second Innings

1RD.jpg

Last edited:
2q2hcvl.jpg

I know it's only Bangladesh but it was an immense game. The won the toss and batted first. Every batsman managed to get a good score and Islam top scored with 177. They got 541 all out. Then I went to bat and I made a good start with the top order all getting good scores but then I collapsed and only managed 401. There were 2 days left and Bangladesh were in to bat so I thought it would go for a draw. I just couldn't get any wickets and Bangladesh got 177-0 declared with just under a day left to play. I went aggressive from the start with Strauss leading the way with a great 104. I seemed to be on course to get the win but then a flurry of wickets and it ended up with me needing 30 odd runs in 20 minutes with 2 wickets left. In the end I did it with 1 wicket left in the last over.

Well here was a great ODI. It helped me seal the series. I batted first. Marsh and Ponting went early for 2 and 5 respectively before Hussey and Watson started to rebuild. Hussey's resistance finally came to an end at 19 and I was 3/76. Clarke then hit 31 off 32 balls before he got out to the bowling of Anderson, his second wicket of the match. White then pissed me off by running out Watson for 84. Haddin and Johnson fell in quick succession and I was 7/161. White and Hauritz then put on a 50 run partnership before Hauritz finally went for 25 off 37 balls. At 9/220, I was pretty happy with the late partnership but then Doug Bollinger :eek: scored 27* off 33 balls to finish the innings with White hitting 44* at a run a ball as I finished 9/252 off my 50 over's. Here's the first innings scorecard.

AUS.jpg

So 252, an average total. I needed an early wicket but it took me 9 over's to do so, as England were 1/42, Cook out for 23, caught at slip off Harris. Harris continued to rip through the English attack with another 3 wickets as England fell to 4/89. Morgan showed some resistance but it was White who took things over, given the ball after a good effort in the previous ODI as he took the wickets of Morgan (52), Collingwood (13), Broad (12) and Anderson (6) while Harris also took his fifth wicket to finish with 5/47 from his 10 over's. Hauritz took the only other wicket, finishing with 1/46 off 9 over's but it was White's all-round performance which won me both the game and the series, now leading 3-1 with one game to play. England were bowled out for 172, 80 runs short of victory.

ENG.jpg

SUM.jpg

Just had a great game with Durham. They won the toss and elected to bat before making 332 as the tail wagged as they went from 6-135 to 332 all out. I made 294 in reply, Di Venuto scoring 91. I knew I needed wickets if I was going to win and the openers stopped me from doing that, Carberry with 66 and Adams with 101. They declared at 253/6 which left 1 and a half sessions on the final day. I worked it out that I would need 292 runs from around 45-50 over's so I would need to go at 6 an over. I lost Coetzer for 11 off 19. Blackwell and Benkenstein made starts scoring 18 and 13 respectively but it was Di Venuto again who shined with 73 off 51 balls. At 5/123, I was going at a good pace but I had lost too many wickets but I knew I had to go for it and Harmison chipped in with 28 to help me on the way. He finally fell though and it was 6/186. Mustard and Onions put on a good partnership. (Also note that Plunkett had been injured so I only had 9 wickets available to me) bbefore Mustard fell for 46 off 33 balls. 7/212 and without my main batsman, it seemed impossible. Onions played an innings of a lifetime finishing the innings with 43* while Thorp had scored 15 and Davies had scored a great 38* off 29 down at #11 (well it was 10) as the 54 run last wicket partnership saw me over the line with 15 minutes to spare and a wicket in hand.

The tail can bat. Let me tell you that.

Ow...You surely got guts man...:p If I was playing......at 212/7 I would have downed the shutters...:D

Users who are viewing this thread