Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

This must rank as the greatest test match of all time with all three results possible from the last ball of the game. Australia are 9 wickets down with 4 runs to win. In the end Swanny can't quite get the last wicket but still a quite sensational match and a great start to an Ashes series that I didnt think my England team would have a chance in having only drawn the preceding series with Bangladesh

engvaus1sttest2013.png
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Steve Harmison :hpraise

He just scored 12* off 4 balls including a six first ball to get the team over the line when he came in with 1 and a half overs left, us needing 17 to win to chase down their massive total of 287 in their 40 overs. We got over the line with 2 balls to spare, McCulloch being great with 101* off 78 balls. Morgan batted well with 65 off 52 as well. The bowling performance was plain ████ though. Blackwell and Dobson were my best bowlers taking 2/50 and 1/34 from their 8 overs respectively while everyone else bowled ████.

Just chased 313 in the WC against Sri Lanka thanks to a fourth wicket partnership of 268 :) Won with 31 balls remaining. A great partnership.

Chewie added 6 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Beat Pakistan by 1 wicket in the quarterfinals, then chased 310 in the semifinals against India thanks to Kieswetter scoring 153 off 128.

Chewie added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

but lost the final to South Africa by 7 runs

First Pro-League game of my 2037 season and a Real Big Win. Chasing my team's 259 in 40 overs, my fast bowlers ripped through Northants.

Allrounder Thomas Curtis, playing his 100th One Day, made it a memorable one, with an exceptional allround performance :happy:happy

Bgwin.jpg

Recently won the WC 2011 for India in the 2010 version.
Thanks to a heroic from Uthappa!

A tied test match. Flowers was excellent taking 12 wickets, 8 in the first innings. Vilas somehow took MOTM though with a century and 41.

1_105.jpg

One of the best wins for me in T20s...
Was an exhibition match

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SS-2010.09.09-13.27.39.png
    SS-2010.09.09-13.27.39.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 119
  • SS-2010.09.09-13.27.49.png
    SS-2010.09.09-13.27.49.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 119
In ICC09 with Australia me and my friend came to the finals V/S RSA. In the last over this Idiot Haddin and Lee failed to score even one run and thus it was a draw. But when we saw the results, it showed the RSA won because they lost 5 wickets where as we lost 7 wickets (In the end Haddin and Lee). Thats a very old match.

ICC06 version. ODI England vs. Australia.

Chasing 232 to win, Australia are 8/231 with 12 balls remaining. Steve Harmison has the suicide mission and Mitchell Johnson is on strike. Harmison decides to bowl round-the-wicket to the left-hander.

First ball...good length outside off, and up...up it goes! They could have run four while it was up there, but when it came down it was at long-off, and Michael Vaughan underneath it made no mistake. Exit Mitchell Johnson.

Well, either they didn't run or they crossed twice, because now the new man, Xavier Doherty, is on strike. Harmison is back over-the-wicket.

Ball 48.2: Again outside off. Doherty has no problem making contact. So much so that he and Nathan Bracken set off for a run. But it may not surprise you to know that there's a tight single-saving field. The ball trickles a little too quickly to Bopara at mid-off...and he throws down the stumps at the striker's end, with Bracken well short of his ground.

Match tied - the only tie I've ever played in either of my versions of ICC.

Attachments

• tieEngAusS13r4.JPG
    tieEngAusS13r4.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
ICC09: The Joys of Zero-Aggression

This may not be a great result from a cosmic perspective. But it is a milestone in my journey as an ICC player, and it contains what may well be a lesson that others will value greatly.

It was a lesson that I could have done with learning one innings earlier than I did. I was Warwickshire batting first in a four-dayer against Yorkshire. I think the weather was overcast, but I had chosen to bat because it was promising to be truly gloomy towards the end of day 2, and I didn't want to be put in to face that with them having posted a score (like I usually am :()

But the wickets started to fall...AND didn't stop, and I just didn't know WHAT to do! I tried less aggression, naturally, but it didn't seem to make any difference, and we were all out for 98, just after lunch!:noway

So Yorkshire come in, and of course they have none of the problems we had (plus the weather has fined up slightly). They bat for more than two days (that's including the 3 hours of rain interruptions) and make 500 or so. We start our 2nd innings at 22 minutes before tea on day 3, needing 414 to make them bat again.

It may not surprise you to learn that we're not thinking about setting a tempting target and declaring! We're on zero aggression, and we're hoping to stay that way, although it's never worked for us in the past.

Well, to cut a long story short (I hate suspense, don't you?)...it worked this time! Four and a sixth sessions later, stumps are drawn, and so is the match. We are 315 for 5, nowhere even near capitulating meekly, with Frost not that far from his century, and Ambrose one lusty hit away from 50. :happy Okay so we're still 100 short of making them bat again, but as if anyone cares about that now! And of the five wickets we lost, two of them were batsmen who had stepped up their aggression in an ill-conceived and ill-fated (isn't hindsight great?) effort to break up the attacking field settings.

So to the moral of this story, Grasshopper: Zero aggression works, so stick with it, and you can (maybe) make fourth-innings capitulations a thing of the past!:cheers

Attachments

• WarksCCsave1.JPG
    WarksCCsave1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 21
In ICC06, I've even scored 451 with India. Its quite easy to play in that. The match was versus England. In the whole series, I scored above 359 with India.;)

I just chased down 262 in the fourth innings of a FC match in 41.3 overs :D They declared leaving us 260 to chase to win in a session and a half, and my batsmen went aggressive to chase it down. It was only Worcestershire but still.

Users who are viewing this thread