Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

What a great OD for me. Reached 400 for the first time ever, and completed 300 in just 28 overs. Isn't it amazing guys! :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2.png
    2.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.png
    3.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 4.png
    4.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 79
ICC is my procrastination during exam time game, and I just lost to England in the World T20 on a new save:

The winner would go through to the semi-finals and we lost it on the second to last ball. Guptill and How had set us up nicely at the top of the order, but only Taylor made a contribution down the order as we were bowled out on the last ball of the innings. England weren't doing too badly at 172-7 at the end of the 18th over before Bond took two wickets in the penultimate over. That over went for only 4, and they needed ten off the last over. Morgan hit the first ball for six, before they hit a few singles and Anderson hit the second to last ball for four to win it for England :facepalm

I just drew a ODI against Sri Lanka in the closest of circumstances. Arnel and Williamson were on debut, and Arnel took 4 wickets as they were bowled out for 249 in the 48th over. Tharanga scored a century but no one supported him.

Chasing, I was behind for most of the match, and needed something like 32 off the last 3 overs to win with 3 wickets remaining. Eventually this came down to 13 off 3 balls with Arnel on strike and 1 wicket remaining. The man, Arnel comes and hits 3 fours in a row to tie the game for us! :D

I was playing a seven match ODI series against Australia - I was England. We lost the first three heavily until I brought in a youth opener who'd only played one FC game, but hit 228 in it. He hit three fifties, and we went into the final game at 3-3.

Aust batted first, but I got the scalp of Hughes early. The middle order wasn't much of a problem, until Ponting and Johnson put on 130 ish, Aus finishing on 257/7. Hunter and Strauss put on 180 at a run a ball, until we lost six/seven wickets for 20 runs. Anderson and Woakes were in for the last over needing four to win. Anderson missed the first two balls, then two singles. Two balls left, and the series could go to either team, or be tied...

49.5 - Siddle to Woakes... Played & Missed
50 - Siddle to Woakes... Two runs

YESSS!!!!!!!

2038 season : Playing as Surrey

One funny & strange thing happened in my this draw against Kent. In Kent's first innings, Roy Miller was dropped by W.Koen, when on 38 and later on he went on to make 155. A costly drop as he did most of the scoring.

My team, trailing by 230 runs with a little over 2 days of play remaining, W.Koen, when on 6 got an edge only for the slip fielder to drop it. Guess Who? Roy Miller. :D Then he went on to make 159. Costly drop for them as he held one end up...bided out time....facing 568 balls and 704 minutes at the crease.

Finally when I got bowled out they required 180 from 24 overs. Surprisingly, they didnt go for the target but instead settled for a draw by batting out. Strange AI !!!

CCd1.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled off a narrow victory over Sri Lanka, de Villiers hitting a run a ball, unbeaten 74 as we won by 1 wicket. Bowling first, McLaren was the star taking 4/35 from his 10 overs, while Steyn took 2/39, Flowers 1/39, Morkel 1/42 and O'Reilly 1/42 as they made 198/9 from their 50 overs, what should have been a pretty easy chase.

Amla and Pelser scored some runs at the top of the order with 37 and 47 respectively while de Villiers came to the crease and was playing nicely. Smith made 24 at four as we were 3/150 and looking set for an easy victory. Rossouw then got out for 2, followed by Vilas for 7, McLaren run out for a duck, Flowers out for 1 and Morkel out for a golden duck as we fell to 8/183, de Villiers still there though on 64*. O'Reilly hit a crucial boundary as he managed to score 6 before getting out and we were 9/193 with 3 overs to play. It was going to be a close finish but de Villiers made sure Steyn didn't have to face more than the 3 balls after the wicket by smashing Ajantha Mendis for a six as we won by 1 iwcket. What a close match to level the series at 1-1. It seems Calvin Flowers can't seem to repeat the performances he makes at Test level in the ODI format.

In 14 tests, he has 109 wickets @ 20.10, 12 five wicket hauls and 4 10wm
In 27 ODIs, he has 50 wickets @ 24.92, best of 4/50, ER of 5.1, not bad but not particularly great looking at his test record.

Just pulled off an awesome narrow victory over Victoria with South Australia. Just loaded up the save back up after a long time and skipped my last 2 T20 games then went onto this match. Bowling first, Peter George ripped through the Victorians taking 7/32 off 9.5 overs as we bowled them out for 190, O'Brien also bowling really well with 2/30 off 10 overs. Christian took the other wicket.

We went into bat, with my top 4 batsman getting into double figures but couldn't go on, Cooper scoring 26, Dan Harris 15, Klinger 10 and Borgas 19 and we were 4/97, with the game still in the balance. O'Brien fired with the bat though scoring a quickfire 49 off 31 balls before getting out while Christian was being steady at the wicket at 5/143. Manou and George fell in quick succession though and we went to 7/144. Wasn't looking good but Cullen Bailey batted well scoring 11 off 23 while Christian stayed there scoring some runs to move to 8/173, the match going down to the wire. The RR was never going to be a problem and Shaun Tait played a resilient innings, surviving 26 balls, although only scoring 1 run while Christian got the team over the line with 52* off 68 as we won by 2 wickets with 7.4 overs remaining. What a win!!! We're now in 1st, lol in the One Day cup. It's a miracle, considering I've finished 5th, 6th and 6th in the last 3 seasons for OD (most recent first) and last in all seasons so far for FC and currently last with no wins in the FC competition.

2039 season : Playing as Surrey.

Now here's a Pro-League game I should have lost :D but even now cant believe that I snatched a ONE RUN win. :cheers

Being put into bat, my team slumped to 84/4, finally ending up on 246/6, courtesy a maiden OD hundred by Allrounder T.Curtis ( 101 n.o, 87b).

Chasing 247, Lancs slipped to 20/2 in 5 overs. But in the next 25 overs A.Critchley and D.Parsons blasted a partnership of 168 to move onto 188/2 in 30 overs. With 59 required of the last 10 overs, Parsons fell at the beginning of the 31st over but still A.Critchley-W.Charles added another 44 in the next 6 overs & with 15 required from the last 4 overs....[ 4 required from the last over ]....I dont know what the devil came over Lancs :p as this thing happens -

Thr.jpg

What a win!!!

Batted first, made 471/1 before declaring, Norris continuing some excellent form with 213*, to back up his 213* and 128* opening the batting after not getting the runs as the keeper down the order. Hughes also scored 136.

In reply, Cook scored 117 as they scored 352/9 (Bell retiring hurt), George taking 5/101, while Smith and Hastings took 2 wickets a piece. Seemed like a draw was on the cards at that stage, but Hughes hit 115* off 177 balls, Clarke scoring 54* and Norris with 16 to now have 637 runs @ 127.4 in 4 Tests, and averaging 65.94 in 13 FC matches. Phil Hughes is also averaging 110.5 this year in Test cricket (663 runs). Anyway, we got through to 201/1 at the end of day 4 as we gave them 320 to chase down in a day, a risk we needed to take.

Siddle took an early wicket to have them 1/9 before Cook and Stack put on a good partnership to get the score to 98 before Smith made a double blow before lunch, Cook out for 42, Castle out for 5. So we were where we needed to be, having needed 3 wickets a session (since Bell had retired hurt). They put on some hurtful partnerships as we managed to get them 5 down at tea, Arkwright and Stack out for 32 and 93 respectively. George took the wicket of Kenworthy for 36 off 99, before 2 overs later, rain hit to really dent our chances. 46 minutes of play was lost as we would get 6 overs to take 3 wickets. Smith however struck 1st ball after the rain break, to take his 5th wicket. Smith and George continued to bowl well, bringing 3 chances but without a wicket. We went wicketless for another 2 overs, giving us 1 over to take 2 wickets. I decided to stick with George who was bowling well, in that final session.

Dot ball first up, Broad plays the ball through cover point for 2 the next ball so I still have to bowl to him, and not Onions down the other end who was on 3*. Wicket!!! Broad playing on the up straight back to the bowler who stuck up his hands and Broad was out for 30, 3 balls now to take 1 wicket at 259/8. James Anderson at the crease, blocks the next ball, as it rolls out towards slip. Second last ball of the day, On a good line, full and Anderson misses it, all of the Australian team goes up, loud. The umpire raised the finger, and he should have, it was plumb. Anderson out for a duck, as Australia had England all out for 259, Bell not going in, after suffering a fracture when he got hit with a short ball in the first innings.

Great_win.jpg

AUSvENG.jpg

I'm English and even I thought that was a good game!

Do you have more regens in your team? I found it a bit mad how England had six regens after 3 years, and you had (a more sensible) one.

Because there are 16 County teams the English always get around 40 regens after the first season, and normally a few of them are really gun batsmen

lol, well i just took over australia. this is my first series in charge of them. I chose Norris (my south australian keeper who batted well while Manou was injured during the previous season) but then I just went for the best team available to me. I don't really like bringing in regens that early. Normally I like to give them a couple of seasons to get settled. But I wanted to give Norris some international experience. As you can see, only 2 English batsman are stlil in the side (Cook and Bell)

And yeah, England always have so many gun regens by the start of the third/fourth season.

What a great win. 3 and a half hours that were washed out in the first 2 sessions on the 4th day nearly cost me the match but the weather stayed nice during the final session and we managed to take the remaining wickets.

It all started with a stunning 356* off 376 for John Dobson while Di Venuto also played extremely well, scoring his first double century in 3 seasons, with 206 off 256 deliveries, as my RR was 5.7 runs an over. Who knows how I didn't lose more wickets. Morgan hit 112 off 97 deliveries, Coetzer had been removed early for 4, Emerson made 43 off 36, Blackwell scored 19 off 14 while Mustard was not out on 0.

Onions completely ripped through them though with 12 wickets in the match as we won by an innings and 180 runs.

Dobson357_Onions12w.jpg

On my iPod I was playing Sri Lanka as New Zealand.

They won the toss and batted, Sangakkara scoring a century to take them to 323 all out. Our batting was quite terrible as we made it to 158 all out with Mendis taking 5 wickets and Samaraweera 3. On their second innings they got 322. Surprisingly, Ryder got me the most wickets in that innings. We then needed 487 to win or to bat 2 days out. Jeet Raval scored a half century at the top but Guptill, Broom and Taylor all got out in their thirties to bring Ryder and Williamson to the middle, with over a day to bat and 310 odd runs required. They both go on to make their centuries and win the match for us! :) Ryder got 167 off 345, while Williamson scored 142 off 279 in a record partnership worth 298. A great match, however unrealistic it is :p

Users who are viewing this thread