Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Iron-Haggis said:
Or maybe Watson or Symonds, depending on who selectors choose to bat at number 6.
cricinfo suggested that Watson would get the nob ahead of the others, however I feel a huge mixup may happen with Watson performing better with every chance he gets (eg opening)

aussie1st said:
So you want anohter 30+ guy coming into the Aussie team? Plus the fact as a bowler making your debut at 31 is quite old for Aussie standards, batsmen on the other hand is different. Plus we may as well just bowl Martyn or Hussey if we needed medium pace.
It's hypothetical, genius.

cricketmad09 said:
It's hypothetical, genius.

Hypothetical or not, you don't see 31 year old bowlers making the Aussie team very often. Yes we have old players but they debuted years ago.

And..? Its hypothetical, so who cares? Is that relevant to anything?

angryangy said:
He's got the makings of a crunch bowler, that's for sure.
without a doubt, when your in the sticky situations you need a bowler that will give THAT much extra and bend his back without comprising his ablility to bowl long spells at one time :D

cricketmad09 said:
And..? Its hypothetical, so who cares? Is that relevant to anything?

It's relevant to my initial point, hes too old. End of story.

langerrox said:
without a doubt, when your in the sticky situations you need a bowler that will give THAT much extra and bend his back without comprising his ablility to bowl long spells at one time :D

Sure does look like a handy part time bowler, hes taken a few wickets and even managed a ODI wicket.

Cosgrove has a bowling average of 75 in List A and an economy rate of 6.2. Wouldnt be so sure about him becoming a "handy" part-time bowler.

aussie1st said:
It's relevant to my initial point, hes too old. End of story.

Sure does look like a handy part time bowler, hes taken a few wickets and even managed a ODI wicket.
??? sarcasm, genius

How the hell am I supposed to know?

Same guy that said a 31 year old was too old.

nah mate, i was meaning the aussie1st's post in reply to mine.

without a doubt, when your in the sticky situations you need a bowler that will give THAT much extra and bend his back without comprising his ablility to bowl long spells at one time
<----- sarcasm from me

Meh I see it like it is. If you had put some emoticons on I would have got the message much more clearly. Sill doesn't change my opinion of Cosgrove bowling.

aussie1st said:
Meh I see it like it is. If you had put some emoticons on I would have got the message much more clearly. Sill doesn't change my opinion of Cosgrove bowling.
his alright but we were mainly having a go at his fitness more than anything :p

From the Grades again.
Casson 5-118 off 30 overs
Hauritz 5-69 off 35 overs and 0-65 from 10 overs
Bollinger 5-46 and 2-61
Cowan 253
MacGill 0-101 from 17 overs
McGrath 4-51 from 26 overs
Jaques duck
Henriques 4-35 and 2-21

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...blues-selectors/2006/10/02/1159641265981.html

It's going to be very interesting seeing who ends up us the number 1 spinner for NSW at the end of the season. Both our new imports have been going well.

Users who are viewing this thread