Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

aus5892 said:
But he is regarded as a "youngster," by whoever it may be, I never said the selectors said so, and made his debut as a 30 year old, but you say Moss is too old.

If the selectors don't see him as a youngster, the media don't see him as a younster, 99.9% of the World don't see him as a youngster then you must be the only one.

And you would want Moss to make his debut at 31 at the expensive of someone young like Tait, Johnson, Bailey, Cullen.....? Add to that yes I believed Clark was too old to make his debut but that of course doesn't mean he won't get the job done, I just believe it's better going for a guy that will get 10+ years over a guy that will get 2-4 years. This is just my opinion what you consider old to make their debut is up to you.

NSW One Day squad
Brad Haddin (c), Doug Bollinger, Scott Coyte, Daniel Christian, Ed Cowan, Moises Henriques, Phil Jaques, Stuart MacGill, Matthew Nicholson, Aaron O?Brien, Craig Simmons, Dominic Thornely

NSW Pura Cup squad
Brad Haddin (c), Doug Bollinger, Scott Coyte, Beau Casson, Ed Cowan, Moises Henriques, Phil Jaques, Stuart MacGill, Matthew Nicholson, Aaron O?Brien, Greg Mail, Dominic Thornely

Interesting picking Christian who doesn't have a contract with us. Casson has won round 1 for the battle of the backup spinner.

A couple of youngsters picked in both squads. Moises Henriques and Scott Coyte will both be looking to make their first class debut. I think only of those two will get picked, most likely Henriques.

Henriques should definitely make the One Day side with Christian and Coyte fighting out the last spot. Pura probably what you said, although I wouldn't mind seeing a batter being 12th man with Henriques up the order.

I think you'll find Henriques batting at number 7 for the Pura Cup match. Which is pretty good considering he is a young allrounder. Plus they won't want to put too much pressure on him. You mind find him batting up the order for the one dayers, depending who gets picked out of Coyte and Christian. Henriques should definitely be ahead of Coyte, as he completely outplayed him in grade cricket on the weekend.

Henriques will default at 7 or 8, but that NSW middle order is a bit suspect, if it plays as suspected, expect to see him move up.

Middle order has the batsmen to make the runs but last season they just weren't consistent enough. Cowan should add something to the batting and it's good to see him back in the side.

Poor bugger although not his first time hes done that in domestic. Good to see Noffke in the wickets, Hopes again getting wickets in the One Day format just like last season.

Got smashed didn't they. Although Doherty and Butterworth soldiered on well when they looked in a lot of trouble. I though Hilfenhaus(sp?) bowled really well too.
I hate Queensland as a side, even though I really like some of their players, but there's a certain smugness about them that I dislike, and I hope Tassie smash them in the F/C game.

Hilfenhaus is definitely a talented swing bowler, probably not suited to the shorter format but in the longer format he causes problems.

Squad for match. Cameron White (c), Adam Crosthwaite, Gerard Denton, Shane Harwood, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Michael Klinger, Mick Lewis, Grant Lindsay, Andrew McDonald, Jonathon Moss, Rob Quiney

Team should be

Klinger
Moss
White
Hodge
Hussey
McDonald
Lindsay
Crosthwaite
Harwood
Denton
Lewis

Should be another pure batsmen, instead of the all-rounder in Lindsay, but my dad, who has umpired Quiney, says he never even scores in Premier Cricket and can't understand for the life of him why he is in contention.

Buchanan should be in IMO. Failed a few times, but scored a very nice, aggressive 50 against Tassie. Made a couple of 30's in the twenty/20 competition aswell. Likes the big stage, could become a very good domestic player.

Team has been named as

Hodge, BJ
Moss, J
Klinger, M
Hussey, DJ
White, CL
McDonald, AB
Lindsay, GP
Crosthwaite, AJ
Denton, GJ
Harwood, SM
Lewis, ML

I agree, they've omitted a batsman too many there, especially considering Lewis seems to have lost the plot. I don't mind McDonald so much, but he's probably got a lot of work to do, might be more than he's cut out for.

Users who are viewing this thread