Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Since we are comparing....the pitch and grass definitely looks better in ashes...player models look great in cricket academy but would be interesting to see how they would look in the middle of the field under the sun or floodlights.
The helmet though looks better in ashes and seems more appropriately sized unlike Cricket academy which has a huge helmet. Other accessories, can't comment until i see on field models. Overall, the screenshots released by ashes is better than the beta screenshot of BA. But i am hoping the table will turn around when BA releases their screenshots next week.

Since we are comparing....the pitch and grass definitely looks better in ashes...player models look great in cricket academy but would be interesting to see how they would look in the middle of the field under the sun or floodlights.
The helmet though looks better in ashes and seems more appropriately sized unlike Cricket academy which has a huge helmet. Other accessories, can't comment until i see on field models. Overall, the screenshots released by ashes is better than the beta screenshot of BA. But i am hoping the table will turn around when BA releases their screenshots next week.

The helmet size is fine.....its just the grill size that is completely off!!! Am sure BA will sort it out, or maybe it looks fine in game!

You can't possibly compare them, I'm sorry... I do know a thing or two about the pretty pictures game and the AC stuff is real, un-edited gameplay. It's obvious by the bugs in the images alone... (he chuckled) ...but seriously, you can't compare em...

Why?

As much as Ross wants you to believe the image at the top of the forum is "in game" it's been clearly touched up with a soft vignette filter at least and at worst, the crowd in the background is an under-layer to the game-play capture in front. Also; Note the lack of shadows on the characters in the above image - either they're not rendered or the characters aren't fully interacting with the in-game environment. (Eg, the players have short small shadows but the stumps have nothing...) Until there's a Hi-Res back-up to compare one-to-one you can't begin to draw reasonable comparisons graphic-wise.

None of that is a stab at BA, but the new images from the AC title are pure, unedited gameplay. Some might say, a little TOO raw

Last edited:
You can't possibly compare them.

But i just did compare them....and i think we can all agree to this....even though they are raw and completely ingame...ashes looks much better overall....

ashes looks much better overall....

I wouldn't say that. I would say it's too early to tell based on seven images! Two of which are prolly not 100% in-game and certainly too low resolution to really see much... I like the look of the BA player models, but a lot of that will be determined by how good the created players we've been making look in-game and interact with bats, pads and so on...

Well yah, like i said its one thing to have players look all pretty in cricket academy and completely different when you put him in the middle of the field in 100s of lighting conditions moving around and animating in 100 different ways with bats pads etc on. And so far we have only seen 2 pics regarding that, one which brought some negative criticism, thanks to you, and one which was mostly positive but believed to to be rendered by many(the above pic). i know both are early pics but it seems like the ashes one are early pics also (or maybe they are how the game currently looks making the release date far away :p). Point is...picture vs picture OVERALL ashes is a step ahead there.

...you might say if Ross could, somehow... release some form of additional visual supporting material it might help us make an accurate comparison?

How would that work, exactly? ;)

Lol well yah that would help people in deciding which game to get...people who are only planning to get one...but i am guessing since BA release is far away we are not getting any screenshots from their pr group anytime soon. Most of those customers would just have to buy ashes cricket instead since there is mo point for them to hold off for a game that they cant be sure how it looks or works in its finished form.

----------

Ba player models are definately superior to ac13

I cant see the models of ashes close up but i expect BA model to be superior in details. But like mentioned...put him in the middle of the field with lightning and shadow details and then we can compare. Ashes ones are looking pretty decent from what i can see even though there is a lack in variations of body structures and heights.

----------

Where does Ross say they will release screens next week !?

Oh yah...no where. Just assumed big ant would do that because their competition is now a step ahead in this regard publishing which i believe is a "near finished" look of the game.

I don't see why everyone is getting so angry over some screenshots; we have no in-game screenshots from BA yet so don't compare them yet.

OT: Biggs and balkeet need to grow up, having sigs about each other is quite simply childish, I thought you seemed quite wise lads.

Users who are viewing this thread