Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

We've been playing with a beta player-editor for months now... Big Ant are still miles ahead, lets not kid ourselves...

Oh yah that is true....keep forgetting about having a beta of the player editor...ungrateful prick that i am!!

Do a few screens really suggest who's "ahead." Personally, I'm hoping both games to do great and definitely buying both and I'm sure each game will have their pros and cons, but I don't think it's fair to be judging which game is "ahead" right now at all. Considering AC 2013 releases in about 20 days, I sure do hope they're ahead with marketing though :P

You have to call it on what we have got though... The materials say that at least on a superficial character model basis BA is going to have the variety. Throw in the awesome public beta and they're a nudge or two in front. That's the balanced opinion in me speaking. Fact is we haven't seen any game play from either title... It's all good stuff though, the fireworks is great to watch but people "picking sides" is just hilarious... We're getting two games, a year or so ago that would have been met with laughter. Cool times.

Graphically, I am relieved, I honestly didn't know where the Ashes bar was. These shots have to be from a Beta version of the game because of the errors contained within them, the build that created them could surely not be "submissible" final product? (Put's kilt back in mothballs...)

With regard to CA and comparisons, CA Renders in the engine, the floating shapes are a "scene" with two simple lights, the characters render the same in the game, they have the same poly's. You only need to look to our previous RLL2 game to see where Cricket started from, RLL2's graphics are essentially the Beta of our Cricket.

It is going to be an interesting time ahead because I agree with most that gameplay is king and in that regard the competing games have completely different designs. We have a mantra of minimal markers where it is the ball that is played not the HUD, when the ball is in play, it's all about the ball.

So with gameplay, well I have to hope that everyone in the wider audience likes what we have done. We have had an awesome reaction from cricketers and fans in our focus groups but my fingers and toes are certainly crossed.

To be honest I feel the advantage they have on gameplay is having made several previous titles and honed the issues they've had.
You would certainly win hands down on features but I think it's harder to come into the market and get gameplay right straight away.

We did some work with Transmission/Trickstar post AC09 release (the abandoned patch) on trying to improve bowling lengths, bounce, edges etc and it's undeniable that their gameplay has improved every edition (unlike their feature list).

Oh yah that is true....keep forgetting about having a beta of the player editor...ungrateful prick that i am!!

BigAntStudios has said thanks for this post.

Hahaha...thanks.:p

----------

To be honest I feel the advantage they have on gameplay is having made several previous titles and honed the issues they've had.
You would certainly win hands down on features but I think it's harder to come into the market and get gameplay right straight away.

We did some work with Transmission/Trickstar post AC09 release (the abandoned patch) on trying to improve bowling lengths, bounce, edges etc and it's undeniable that their gameplay has improved every edition (unlike their feature list).

Also having less features gives them the luxury of focusing on just the very basic stuffs. Hopefully they finally got the basic things right after all these years

Or maybe we have the huge advantage of not iterating something that is fundamentally broken.

That, and that we actually have but an engine that has shipped a lot if sports titles whereas they merely license the Unity3D engine (despite constant claims they built their engine from scratch LOL).

----------

Hahaha...thanks.:p

----------

Also having less features gives them the luxury of focusing on just the very basic stuffs. Hopefully they finally got the basic things right after all these years

Yeah, thanks!

Yes, do less and less perfectly until you do nothing :)

I don't think IC10 (online aside) was fundamentally broken. Nor do I see how because you've made rugby league and AFL games it means you can get the gameplay for cricket right first time.
I really hope that you do but I'll remain sceptical till I've played it.

I don't think IC10 (online aside) was fundamentally broken. Nor do I see how because you've made rugby league and AFL games it means you can get the gameplay for cricket right first time.
I really hope that you do but I'll remain sceptical till I've played it.

I am talking of gameplay, as in mini-games etc

Sports games have a very common base.

Last edited:
I am talking of gameplay, as in mini-games etc

Sports games have a very common base.

I still think experience does matter and we will come to know when both are released. Its been 3years since a cricket game has released and whoever release it first will definitely capture more market share

I still think experience does matter and we will come to know when both are released. Its been 3years since a cricket game has released and whoever release it first will definitely capture more market share

Don't think it's that simple to be honest. Well done for being one of the few people on this site who can spell "definitely" though...

Users who are viewing this thread