Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I agree they are very important, just not that big a deal to put in from our side really.

----------

My biggest problem is that i havent got any patience, im screwed for the next 4 months or so. :(

Yep, we've probably got the timing a little wrong in balancing the want to get you guys here something with Cricket Academy, to show that we are real, with the level of patience required to sit through what is a long journey.

I think we will be seeing screenshots and the like soon; it would be inconceivable to not put something out before the theoretical 21st release of the other game

Well for me, nets are a good way of getting the hang of the controls, especially when combined with good timing feedback.

Being able to have a bash in the nets also helps guide you on risk during a match - I think that's especially important in a career mode as you'll only have one chance in a match situation to know if you've got the timing down on a risky shot.

I always thought nets were a great touch to any cricket game. What all the previous versions really missed was a few commentary lines from a "coach" that indicated if you were doing it right

"Great shot boy!"
"Get your feet to the pitch!"
"You gotta leave those!"... etc

This would have added a bit of charm and of course feedback to better hone our skills before going out into a match.

Not really sure why some of these features evoke these sorts of responses...

Because you're speaking to your core fanbase. We love these little attention to detail things like nets, that no sane causal player is going to care about... but us obsessive compulsives are going to love the hell out of getting the timing just right in a net session before we go in and play a match, thus keeping our stats in-game "real" without having to edit them when NZ just got rolled for 68 in an ODI because I kept edging the ball to 2nd slip...

Nets sound awesome, Ross. How about some fielding practice then? Even that department has had a complete change (compared to all the previous cricket games). Would love to master that skill too before going in for a match. Not that it adds much to the game, but still.
This game gets better by the day, every day I'm on PC, there's something new and interesting to read from you. Hope we get our hands (and legs and everything) on it pretty soon. :D

Nets sound awesome, Ross. How about some fielding practice then? Even that department has had a complete change (compared to all the previous cricket games). Would love to master that skill too before going in for a match. Not that it adds much to the game, but still.
This game gets better by the day, every day I'm on PC, there's something new and interesting to read from you. Hope we get our hands (and legs and everything) on it pretty soon. :D

He did say it before that there is a tutorial for batting/bowling/fielding. I would assume those are still there with nets added for batting/bowling.

And ross, Thank you very much.

Edit: wait i am confused....ross was joking when he said he might add nets to cricket academy...right? Me think so...but please let me be wrong about this....:(

Last edited:
Can you tell us about what's in the net mode, career or on it's own. If not I understand.:thumbs

Edit: wait i am confused....ross was joking when he said he might add nets to cricket academy...right? Me think so...but please let me be wrong about this....:(

Yeh...that was a joke.....unless you are willing to pay $20 for it :p!

Well yah i know he confirmed it is in the game....

That is why after that i got confused about nets in CA part. And i wasnt joking when i said i will pay $20 for that...

how about releasing that on 21st.. we can play your nets and those people who buy ac13 have the feel of both games to see whats what..

That is a brilliant idea....someone buy this guy a beer...

That is if ross really does that.

Is the release for this weeks, months, half a year or over a year away?

Users who are viewing this thread